• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Removing Non Activated Card from CIBIL and others ?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have an ICICI card entry in my CIBIL, whose delivery I did not accept and so, was never activated.

Backstory -> I was told by a CC Rep in branch that they would give me Coral as LTF in 2019 and made me apply for it, but the application got processed for HPCL Coral and was paid. After Complaining about the Rep to BM and Grievance, I was told not to accept the delivery and the card would get auto cancelled, but the card still remains in my CIBIL account with 40k limit

So, as the card was never delivered and was never activated, can I ask ICICI/CIBIL to remove that account from my CIBIL or is that permanent ?

PS: Tried finding about it but the search keywords are too general and so, was not able to find this info.

paresh22

TF Ace
I have an ICICI card entry in my CIBIL, whose delivery I did not accept and so, was never activated.

Backstory -> I was told by a CC Rep in branch that they would give me Coral as LTF in 2019 and made me apply for it, but the application got processed for HPCL Coral and was paid. After Complaining about the Rep to BM and Grievance, I was told not to accept the delivery and the card would get auto cancelled, but the card still remains in my CIBIL account with 40k limit

So, as the card was never delivered and was never activated, can I ask ICICI/CIBIL to remove that account from my CIBIL or is that permanent ?

PS: Tried finding about it but the search keywords are too general and so, was not able to find this info.
You don't have any other icici card mapped to that Cibil account?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Raise an L1 Complaint and it'll be handled. I myself removed an entry for debit card emi account masked as credit card which I no longer used through L1 support.
Thanks, will do.

yes ask cibil and icici both to remove it
For asking cibil, I would need to create account there right so that I could raise dispute ?

As, I get my reports from icici wealth management. But will have a look... Thanks!

You don't have any other icici card mapped to that Cibil account?
not to that cibil account

I have 1 for mmt plat, and another for core cards (sappiro+coral), this was the 3rd entry which wasn't activated.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Raise an L1 Complaint and it'll be handled. I myself removed an entry for debit card emi account masked as credit card which I no longer used through L1 support.
Sorry for noob question, but what should I fill in Account/Application No field ?

As, I don't remember the Application, and I can not give my 16 digit card number there too (don't even know what the number is)

So, should I just give my Savings Account number there, but enter Product/Query/etc related to the said Credit card ?

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Sorry for noob question, but what should I fill in Account/Application No field ?

As, I don't remember the Application, and I can not give my 16 digit card number there too (don't even know what the number is)

So, should I just give my Savings Account number there, but enter Product/Query/etc related to the said Credit card ?
Yes, that is the only option left. Since you don't have your application number, you can input your account number. And in the description, mention the last 4 digits of your CC in concern.

In my case, I filled in the Account Number mentioned in the CIBIL Report. That worked.