• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rejection to Approval - Hdfc is the new axis :)

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

So, here's the deal: I am a loyal HDFC cardholder for about 7 years, already hold 2 cards DCB and Neu Infinity.

The other day got wind of their new offering - the "marriot Bonvoy card."

Have an international trip lined up so extra lounge visits counts (especially when dcb is being denied for add on at many airports ) plus the sweet deal of a marriot night for 3k+ taxes... it's a no brainer.

Last week,I jump online, application filled out in a heartbeat, and hit submit.

But then, the dreaded email arrives immediately - your application rejected. My marriot dreams crash and burn faster than a Diwali rocket in a monsoon.

Dejected, I drown my sorrows in chai (because what else do you do in mumbai?), contemplating the cosmic injustice of it all. I simply wrote two lines to hdfc......What is the reason for rejection? Kindly elaborate ..

that's it

Then, just when I'd resigned myself to a life of mundane swipes, a glimmer of hope arrives. A knock on the phone via sms, and there it is, card approved to be delivered in 3 days

My initial bewilderment gives way to cautious optimism. Did the hdfc gods have a change of heart? Did a lucky leprechaun bless my application?

I Double checked the application number.... Voila it's the same....i even got msg from mycards to set the pin.

still fingers crossed ..let's see if they deliver

Now, the questions swarm: was it a glitch in the matrix? A marketing masterstroke to pique my curiosity? Or, dare I dream, a silent apology for the initial rejection?
My fellow technofino ccgeeks, I leave this enigma in your capable hands. Have you ever experienced such credit card capriciousness? What cosmic forces govern the decisions of these financial overlords? And most importantly, should I embrace this unexpected windfall or tread cautiously, fearing the inevitable karmic payback?
Let the forum sleuths commence their investigation! And remember, folks, keep your swipes righteous and your credit scores sparkling, for the ways of the credit card companies are as mysterious as the monsoon winds.

vijay.vj

TF Ace

So, here's the deal: I am a loyal HDFC cardholder for about 7 years, already hold 2 cards DCB and Neu Infinity.

Have an international trip lined up so extra lounge visits counts (especially when dcb is being denied for add on at many airports ) plus the sweet deal of a marriot night for 3k+ taxes... it's a no brainer.

But then, the dreaded email arrives immediately - your application rejected. My marriot dreams crash and burn faster than a Diwali rocket in a monsoon.

Dejected, I drown my sorrows in chai (because what else do you do in mumbai?), contemplating the cosmic injustice of it all. I simply wrote two lines to hdfc......What is the reason for rejection? Kindly elaborate ..

that's it

Then, just when I'd resigned myself to a life of mundane swipes, a glimmer of hope arrives. A knock on the phone via sms, and there it is, card approved to be delivered in 3 days

My initial bewilderment gives way to cautious optimism. Did the hdfc gods have a change of heart? Did a lucky leprechaun bless my application?

I Double checked the application number.... Voila it's the same....i even got msg from mycards to set the pin.

Now, the questions swarm: was it a glitch in the matrix? A marketing masterstroke to pique my curiosity? Or, dare I dream, a silent apology for the initial rejection?
My fellow technofino ccgeeks, I leave this enigma in your capable hands. Have you ever experienced such credit card capriciousness? What cosmic forces govern the decisions of these financial overlords? And most importantly, should I embrace this unexpected windfall or tread cautiously, fearing the inevitable karmic payback?
Let the forum sleuths commence their investigation! And remember, folks, keep your swipes righteous and your credit scores sparkling, for the ways of the credit card companies are as mysterious as the monsoon winds.
Since you already have a one floater card, the system rejects your application.

Then someone manually override the system & provide you card.

HDFC works in mysterious ways. I heard the same story from many persons.

that's it

Boy! Your English is more applaudable than the sheer good news you've just shared.
It better not be the doing of chat gpt tho.

devine_mortal

TF Premier

that's it

I'm sure you did not write all that because you just had tea. Thats not the tea speaking there.

Jokes apart, that is the 1st time I've heard about this happening. Congrats to you and.. happy vacation!

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I intentionally delayed activating my HDFC credit card for 26 days after receiving it. Based on a post on this very forum.

And voila!! HDFC Blinked..... I received a call from hdfc customer service team (truecaller verified number) offering a lifetime fee (LTF) waiver. During the recorded call, I obtained unconditional LTF confirmation without any spending requirements from the customer service representative, whose name and ID number I have documented.

he raised a service request number and told me it will be reflected in bank records within 90 days. no joining fees will be levied in this time either. :)

happy days

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, we get the free night for the first year. I believe I will get it next year as well but let's not expect too much.

Not to forget the the amazing lounge benefits.

It's a no brainer card if u get ltf.