• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding Fi Account Freeze

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Mine also frozen from Feb with 1.6L
Same reason cuber crime report
No solution till date
No proof given by them

My FI account got finally unfreezed today. Transfered the funds out and requested closure of the bank account.

Here is the process:
1. Get complaint ID, transaction information and cybercrime branch details from which complaint is made. - 1 -2 week. If delaying, escalate to nodal office and twitter team.
2. Hire a lawyer in that city (use google maps to find lawyer) to visit the cybercrime branch and get details of the case, phone no of police officer incharge and apply for NOC. Get contact details of the victim and understand what is the issue. 1 month. I paid 5k to lawyer.
3. Ask the cybercrime to email NOC bank email id and get PDF also - 1-2 weeks.
4. Email the NOC to CC, Nodal office, twitter team, request to unfreeze the account. If delaying, Filed case in national consumer helpine and RBI ombudsmen.' Took 2-3 weeks.

In my case it took 3 months to complete the entire process as lawyer asking too much fee and then later the police asking me to pay 10k to the victim which I refused. I finally paid 10k to the victim (cost born by the customer who sent me the payment).

I will write a more detailed post later. You can contact me if you have any questions.

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
My FI account got finally unfreezed today. Transfered the funds out and requested closure of the bank account.

Here is the process:
1. Get complaint ID, transaction information and cybercrime branch details from which complaint is made. - 1 -2 week. If delaying, escalate to nodal office and twitter team.
2. Hire a lawyer in that city (use google maps to find lawyer) to visit the cybercrime branch and get details of the case, phone no of police officer incharge and apply for NOC. Get contact details of the victim and understand what is the issue. 1 month. I paid 5k to lawyer.
4. Email the NOC to CC, Nodal office, twitter team, request to unfreeze the account. If delaying, Filed case in national consumer helpine and RBI ombudsmen.' Took 2-3 weeks.

In my case it took 3 months to complete the entire process as lawyer asking too much fee and then later the police asking me to pay 10k to the victim which I refused. I finally paid 10k to the victim (cost born by the customer who sent me the payment).

I will write a more detailed post later. You can contact me if you have any questions.
Reason for the freezing?

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No other option to get NOC - tried my level best to do without payment as that is totally unfair. The kerala cybercrime wanted me and customer to go to their branch. Customer said no and my travel cost was more then 15k.
Reason for the freezing?
Received funds which belong to a victim. Victim paid to person A who paid to person B (my customer) who paid to my account for physical good sales transaction. Victim filed complaint against person A but the funds arrived in my account via a linked chain on transactions. Bank simply froze my account without do a lien when they got a intimation from Cybercrime.

Lessons:
1) Dont open any neo bank account from FI / Jupiter with branch based in Kerala. This branch is freezing account instantly without lien. I am thinking of closing my Indie, Niyo DCB and Niyo SBM account soon.
2) Dont accept UPI payments in primary savings account.
3) Keep a secondary 0MAB account as primary in Gpay for accepting payments and dont keep much funds here. I plan to use to use SBI for this.

Last edited:

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No other option to get NOC - tried my level best to do without payment as that is totally unfair. The kerala cybercrime wanted me and customer to go to their branch. Customer said no and my travel cost was more then 15k.

Received funds which belong to a victim. Victim paid to person A who paid to person B (my customer) who paid to my account for physical good sales transaction. Victim filed complaint against person A but the funds arrived in my account via a linked chain on transactions. Bank simply froze my account without do a lien when they got a intimation from Cybercrime.

Lessons:
1) Dont open any neo bank account from FI / Jupiter with branch based in Kerala. This branch is freezing account instantly without lien. I am thinking of closing my Indie, Niyo DCB and Niyo SBM account soon.
3) Keep a secondary 0MAB account as primary in Gpay for accepting payments and dont keep much funds here. I plan to use to use SBI for this.
Thanks for sharing the lessons learnt.

It will be useful for those involved in trading etc with unknown people.

atx

TF Select
Lessons:
You mean IndusInd Indie? Why Indie? That too has Kerala only branch?

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You mean IndusInd Indie? Why Indie? That too has Kerala only branch?
Indie , SBM and DCB have Mumbai branch IFSC. But I have trust issues now with online banks.

The main benefit of Indie is zero forex + zero international atm charges. However this card stopped working in vietnam so it is useless and unreliable. Additionally you cannot call Indie customer care from outside India. So whats the point of carrying this card on international trips?

Reactions: atx

smz

TF Select

Lessons:
1) did the victim pay to person A by mistake ? OR the person A obtained money through fraud ?
2) how has the money transferred from person A to person B ? legally or illegally
3) was the person B (your customer) having 0 balance when he recieved money from person A ? and the entire received money was transferred to you, making him again 0 balance?
4) did the person A and person B accounts also freezed ?
5) after receiving money from person B did you transfer money to someone else (before you account freezing). If yes, what happened to the receivers account ?
6) your story looks really messed up. You are at the end of a seemingly long chain and yet had to face all this.

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1) did the victim pay to person A by mistake ? OR the person A obtained money through fraud ?
2) how has the money transferred from person A to person B ? legally or illegally
3) was the person B (your customer) having 0 balance when he recieved money from person A ? and the entire received money was transferred to you, making him again 0 balance?
5) after receiving money from person B did you transfer money to someone else (before you account freezing). If yes, what happened to the receivers account ?
6) your story looks really messed up. You are at the end of a seemingly long chain and yet had to face all this.
Your account is freezed or asking such detailed questions for just education purpose? not sure how knowing all this will help you.

smz

TF Select
Update :- so got all my answers with a simple Google search.
A fraudster getting money from victim and then transferring money to normal users and then these normal users transferring to other normal users. EVERYBODY IN THIS CHAIN WILL GET THEIR ACCOUNT FREEZED (irrespective of whether their transactions were legal/illegal).
Seems really scary. Very poor policing
@hs23

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Update :- so got all my answers with a simple Google search.
A fraudster getting money from victim and then transferring money to normal users and then these normal users transferring to other normal users. EVERYBODY IN THIS CHAIN WILL GET THEIR ACCOUNT FREEZED (irrespective of whether their transactions were legal/illegal).
Seems really scary. Very poor policing
@hs23
From this rule, If I am the last person who received the money and spent it on some Govt services. will the Govt bank account also freeze? :unsure:

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
For some reason this rule seems to apply only for common man.
ok. let's change the last transaction. what if I spent this on a Business transaction with some well-known brands for eg. Gold Merchants - Tanshiq etc. or, Amazon? I believe, no, their account won't get blocked.

So now, if this was also a business transaction (as said by OP - customer's payment) and you give them the proof, I don't think the account should be blocked.

hs23

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
ok. let's change the last transaction. what if I spent this on a Business transaction with some well-known brands for eg. Gold Merchants - Tanshiq etc. or, Amazon? I believe, no, their account won't get blocked.

So now, if this was also a business transaction (as said by OP - customer's payment) and you give them the proof, I don't think the account should be blocked.
I took this payment in Gpay no. This was a mistake as my gpay no is connected to personal savings account. I have now stopped that practice completely for business purpose and even if someone sends amount by mistake to my gpay no, I refund them instantly and tell them to send to business UPI.

I gave the cybercrime the bill and details of purchase but they wanted customer to go to their branch for verification which customer refused.

Last edited:
Reactions: smz

kingbegenius

TF Buzz

Here is the process:

Please share your lawyer contact