• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding Bank of Baroda Zero Balance Savings Account and Credit Cards

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I was thinking of opening a BOB B3 silver SB account, which has zero AQB requirements. The default debit card issued with this is Visa Classic Debit card.
Does this B3 silver account gets pre-approved Credit card offers after some months of usage ? If anyone has got a pre approved credit card with this account, please share your experience.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
BOB is totally irritating to say atleast. Applied (EASY, C2C) two days ago, vkyc done instantly, status was:
(Edit) Day 0: Application and V-Kyc done simultaneously, no issues or wait.
(Edit) Day 2: Status changed from '...in process' to 'V-Kyc pending...link sent to email/mob'.
(Edit) Day 4: Status again changed to '...in process'.
(Edit) Day 7: Agent called for In person address verification - Came within 30 mins from main branch (50 km away). Asked questions like - no. of family members, years of stay, occupation and active years (not salary), landmark, took photo of house. No IDs were checked surprisingly, so its only address verification. (Total time took - 15 mins)
(Edit) Day 8:
A phone call came from regional branch, regarding the person who came for IPV, asked if he was wearing ID, asked money, whether I was present at home etc (1 min call)
(Edit) Day 13: Now application status shows "Connection reset.... invalid application number"
(Edit) Day 17: Finally after waiting patiently for 17 days, I got the APPROVAL SMS.
(Edit) Day 28: Physical Card delivered.

(Edit)
Yes, my BOB card application got approved, without any enquiry/approach from my side to the BOB team, after applying online. Seems like BOB tried to stick with its 15 days card approval timeline. As of now I don't know the card variant, network and limit provided.
But one thing I understood, If you upload all the documents asked during online application, you are less harassed by the bank, and chances of approval is more.
In my case, I uploaded only the card photo and 3 months card statement (of C2C card, ICICI Apay, 50K limit) in a combined single PDF, Aadhaar and PAN card photo as asked during application, and the person who came for IPV didn't even asked to see me IDs even on my insistence.

And so it is clear that BOB accepts C2C application with co-branded Anazon pay card, with very less credit limit. Also, I have no prior relationship with BOB. I will update when I know my approved limit. Cheers 🥂.

(Edit, Day 1) I have decided not to contact BOB from my side, whether they approve or reject the application, since I saw many members telling customer service is clueless and approval time is more than 1 month for most. Will note the events though, once everyday and update.

Last edited:

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
BOB is totally irritating to say atleast. Applied (EASY, C2C) two days ago, vkyc done instantly, status was:
(Edit) Day 0: Application and V-Kyc done simultaneously, no issues or wait.
(Edit) Day 2: Status changed from '...in process' to 'V-Kyc pending...link sent to email/mob'.
(Edit) Day 4: Status again changed to '...in process'.
(Edit) Day 7: Agent called for In person address verification - Came within 30 mins from main branch (50 km away). Asked questions like - no. of family members, years of stay, occupation and active years (not salary), landmark, took photo of house. No IDs were checked surprisingly, so its only address verification. (Total time took - 15 mins)
(Edit) Day 8:
A phone call came from regional branch, regarding the person who came for IPV, asked if he was wearing ID, asked money, whether I was present at home etc (1 min call)
(Edit) Day 13: Now application status shows "Connection reset.... invalid application number"
(Edit) Day 17: Finally after waiting patiently for 17 days, I got the APPROVAL SMS.

(Edit)
Yes, my BOB card application got approved, without any enquiry/approach from my side to the BOB team, after applying online. Seems like BOB tried to stick with its 15 days card approval timeline. As of now I don't know the card variant, network and limit provided.
But one thing I understood, If you upload all the documents asked during online application, you are less harassed by the bank, and chances of approval is more.
In my case, I uploaded only the card photo and 3 months card statement (of C2C card, ICICI Apay, 50K limit) in a combined single PDF, Aadhaar and PAN card photo as asked during application, and the person who cane for IPV didn't even asked to see me IDs even on my insistence.

And so it is clear that BOB accepts C2C application with co-branded Anazon pay card, with very less credit limit. I will update when I know my approved limit. Cheers 🥂.

(Edit, Day 1) I have decided not to contact BOB from my side, whether they approve or reject the application, since I saw many members telling customer service is clueless and approval time is more than 1 month for most. Will note the events though, once everyday and update.
My BOB CC application approved. Thanks TF community for important inputs during the application journey. I have updated my BOB journey above, hope others will find some answers and benefit from this thread.

Last edited:

anonymuos

TF Ace
I got BOB Easy Rupay variant with a laughable limit of around ~20K. Is it any good, or should I ask for Visa Variant instead ?
As long as all the offers work equally on the RuPay variant, you should be fine. Some websites are late to add the RuPay BINs for offers in that case complain to the website. 20K is a low limit but if you use it regularly and pay on time, they will surely revise it?