• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Regalia to Infinia Upgrade (Query)

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I’m having difficulties getting WM visa infinite dc and they are offering MC world dc with my salary wealth account saying I’m account is not fully a wealth account

Which dc did you get with your WM account?

Huh? What is a "fully wealth" account??!! A wealth account is a wealth account!

I think they are just being lazy and trying to dissuade you from pushing for what you want because it means work for them.

My DC is Visa Infinite. However my friend has a ICICI WM account too and his is a MC World DC. And ICICI Bank would definitely value his relationship with them more than mine--far more FDs and funds! So it clearly isn't about "fully wealth" or "funds" as part of the relationship. I haven't taken the trouble to learn about the Visa Infinite privileges on the DC (not sure there is anything I have missed).

I personally don't think it matters. I know the equivalent of Visa Infinite is supposedly MC World Elite, but even premium cards like HDFC Infinia come with MC World only. My Axis Bank Airtel is also MC World, and its a bit strange that a card with Rs 500 annual fees and Rs 12500 annual fees are both MC World but it is what it is. I guess my HDFC Infinia Metal is MC World because my old HDFC Regalia card was MC World (I closed it 2 years before I got the Infinia as a fresh applicant, but the old card still shows on Credit Cards in my HDFC NetBanking system, though everything has been zero for a long time). Someone tried to start a thread on this forum on differences between HDFC Infinia Visa and MC and the only difference someone could point to was some BMS movie ticket offer on Visa Infinite and it seemed minor because that offer gets filled up by 10 AM every day (I've tried a few times myself and have never got it).

Also, Mastercard works better in some parts of the world and if you use it abroad provides better exchange rates. So if you travel, MC may be better. Also, MC has some interesting status match offers for some hotel chains, etc. https://specials.priceless.com/en-in/benefits?issuerId=&productId=

Last edited:

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In WM account, you do not get Visa Infinite card. It would MC world or Visa Platinum.
Visa infinite is given to Wealth select or Private Banking customers.

Oh yeah! I just saw my DC and it says Private Banking. First I'm realising this!

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Huh? What is a "fully wealth" account??!! A wealth account is a wealth account!

I think they are just being lazy and trying to dissuade you from pushing for what you want because it means work for them.

My DC is Visa Infinite. However my friend has a ICICI WM account too and his is a MC World DC. And ICICI Bank would definitely value his relationship with them more than mine--far more FDs and fund! So it clearly isn't about "fully wealth" or "funds" as part of the relationship. I haven't taken the trouble to learn about the Visa Infinite privileges on the DC (not sure there is anything I have missed).

I personally don't think it matters. I know the equivalent of Visa Infinite is supposedly MC World Elite, but even premium cards like HDFC Infinia come with MC World only. My Axis Bank Airtel is also World Elite, and its a bit strange that a card with Rs 500 annual fees and Rs 12500 annual fees are both MC World Elite but it is what it is. I guess my HDFC Infinia Metal is MC World because my old HDFC Regalia card was MC World (I closed it 2 years before I got the Infinia as a fresh applicant, but the old card still shows on Credit Cards in my HDFC NetBanking system, though everything has been zero for a long time). Someone tried to start a thread on this forum on differences between HDFC Infinia Visa and MC and the only difference someone could point to was some BMS movie ticket offer on Visa Infinite and it seemed minor because that offer gets filled up by 10 AM every day (I've tried a few times myself and have never got it).

Also, Mastercard works better in some parts of the world and if you use it abroad provides better exchange rates. So if you travel, MC may be better. Also, MC has some interesting status match offers for some hotel chains, etc. https://specials.priceless.com/en-in/benefits?issuerId=&productId=
What I got to learn is they have 3 different types of WM account

Mine is the basic WM account which necessarily have no additional feature over privilege or normal account (or at least I’m not aware about that)

They also have WM select and WM private which are actually for the HNIs and they get visa infinite dc

Your account is either WM select or private and hence you got the infinite dc

I believe visa infinite dc got unlimited lounge access but mc world has 2 per year only

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What I got to learn is they have 3 different types of WM account

Mine is the basic WM account which necessarily have no additional feature over privilege or normal account (or at least I’m not aware about that)

They also have WM select and WM private which are actually for the HNIs and they get visa infinite dc

Your account is either WM select or private and hence you got the infinite dc

I believe visa infinite dc got unlimited lounge access but mc world has 2 per year only

Visa Infinite DC does not have unlimited lounge access and MC World has 2 per quarter, not per year.

Private Banking Visa Infinite DC has 6 per quarter (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/private-banking-visa-infinite-debit-card)
Wealth Select Visa Infinite DC has 4 per quarter (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/wealth-select-visa-infinite-debit-card)
Mastercard World DC has 2 per quarter (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/world-debitcard)

Do you actually use lounge access when flying domestic? I find them a pain to use, given the queues and the crowds inside lounges. It's more cattle class inside the lounge than outside. I prefer staying in the boarding area or eating at a restaurant if the restaurant is decent, like Carnatic Cafe at T3 IGIA DEL. In smaller airports everything is bad, from food to lounges. The only lounge I use is when I fly Vistara from BOM because as an Axis Vistara Infinite holder I get Vistara Gold status and that gives access to the Adani Business Class lounge at CSMIA BOM T2.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My Axis Bank Airtel is also World Elite
Are you sure its world elite ?

I have airtel axis cc and its mastercard world.

To easily see what variant of mastercard, see the color. If the mastercard logo is color - its world. If the logo is black&white - its elite.

1000069067.jpg

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Are you sure its world elite ?

I have airtel axis cc and its mastercard world.

To easily see what variant of mastercard, see the color. If the mastercard logo is color - its world. If the logo is black&white - its elite.

1000069067.jpg

Apologies. All Airtel Axis CCs are MC World. As I was typing that reply I had World, World Elite and Infinite floating around in my head and I accidentally mentioned it as World Elite. Both my Airtel Airtel Axis CC and HDFC Infinia Metal CC are MC World and that's what I found strange, considering one is a Rs 500 AF card and another is a Rs 12500 AF card.

Thank you for pointing out my error. Have edited the reply too, so that one else is confused.

Incidentally, the HDFC Infinia Metal MC has its logo in black & white but above it, just world is mentioned. So I'm not sure the claim of logo colour pointing to Mastercard status level is true.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Apologies. All Airtel Axis CCs are MC World. As I was typing that reply I had World, World Elite and Infinite floating around in my head and I accidentally mentioned it as World Elite. Both my Airtel Airtel Axis CC and HDFC Infinia Metal CC are MC World and that's what I found strange, considering one is a Rs 500 AF card and another is a Rs 12500 AF card.

Thank you for pointing out my error. Have edited the reply too, so that one else is confused.

Incidentally, the HDFC Infinia Metal MC has its logo in black & white but above it, just world is mentioned. So I'm not sure the claim of logo colour pointing to Mastercard status level is true.
Thats confusing also then. I just did a google search on the topic and got the info. And some card does say "world" and "elite world" on them, so thats a clear indication on the card variant as well.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thats confusing also then. I just did a google search on the topic and got the info. And some card does say "world" and "elite world" on them, so thats a clear indication on the card variant as well.

I have always seen wording (World, World Elite, Platinium, Signature, Infinite, etc.,) near the logo for both Mastercard and Visa. Would love to know why HDFC Infinia Metal is only Mastercard World in its Mastercard edition and Visa Infinite in its Visa edition. Perhaps World Elite requires banks to pay more to the network than Visa Infinite.

arjun

TF Select
Visa Infinite DC does not have unlimited lounge access and MC World has 2 per quarter, not per year.

Private Banking Visa Infinite DC has 6 per quarter (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/private-banking-visa-infinite-debit-card)
Wealth Select Visa Infinite DC has 4 per quarter (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/wealth-select-visa-infinite-debit-card)
Mastercard World DC has 2 per quarter (https://www.icicibank.com/personal-banking/cards/debit-card/world-debitcard)

Do you actually use lounge access when flying domestic? I find them a pain to use, given the queues and the crowds inside lounges. It's more cattle class inside the lounge than outside. I prefer staying in the boarding area or eating at a restaurant if the restaurant is decent, like Carnatic Cafe at T3 IGIA DEL. In smaller airports everything is bad, from food to lounges. The only lounge I use is when I fly Vistara from BOM because as an Axis Vistara Infinite holder I get Vistara Gold status and that gives access to the Adani Business Class lounge at CSMIA BOM T2.
What is the best DC privilege banking customers can get and does it even get Lounge access ? I was told the best I can get is Titanium DC

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
What is the best DC privilege banking customers can get and does it even get Lounge access ? I was told the best I can get is Titanium DC
Earlier coral had
1 year Card protection plan with it hence it was the best paid dc in icici
Now every dc has spend based for lounge.

Get rupay dc & get 1200 per year ..
1st year it would be free .

Lounge access is in titanium family debit card

jonamdhar

TF Select
By tracking the courier. Mine got delivered on 25th April. Still waiting for their response/upgrade.
But how would thier response come? Would it be by mail? Or we need to keep checking the app? Wold they send a response if they reject the application?

Gaurav_96

TF Select
But how would thier response come? Would it be by mail? Or we need to keep checking the app? Wold they send a response if they reject the application?
I think mail would come at a later stage. You should be able to see the card in net banking much sooner.

For rejection, they'll surely send an email.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think mail would come at a later stage. You should be able to see the card in net banking much sooner.

For rejection, they'll surely send an email.

You know its approved when you get a virtual card by email. But incidentally, the email will not mention its an Infinia card (see screenshot below). And all virtual card PDFs (from basic to Infinia Metal) look the same for HDFC. You can check with your RM then by providing card ending number to confirm its an Infinia.

1714653316843.png

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You know its approved when you get a virtual card by email. But incidentally, the email will not mention its an Infinia card (see screenshot below). And all virtual card PDFs (from basic to Infinia Metal) look the same for HDFC. You can check with your RM then by providing card ending number to confirm its an Infinia.

1714653316843.png
Or call Infinia team, they will tell you.

Gaurav_96

TF Select
I had a word with my RM today. She said my upgrade was pending with the Chennai team, and she has shared the approval obtained for my application. The card should be upgraded this week.

let's see.