• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold denied

akash2401

TF Buzz
Here's my story: I have applied for regalia gold paid card from hdfc online portal while closing tata neu + (25k limit ) simultaneously on 01st Feb 24. It showed me approximate limit of 3 lacs. After about 13 days home verification was done but still no approval. On 15th I complained them on Twitter regarding the application. After 10 to and fro msgs the told that application is rejected and I should apply again via branch or online. But on checking application status it shows in process. So I have below doubts:
1. Is there any lag in website or what is the time frame of cc approval ?
2. What is the cool off period if I apply again via branch ?
3. I have an account of HDFC which I haven't used since 1.5 years and is still active with 0 balance. Does this impacted my cc approval chances?

I have multiple cards already like Mrcc 3.5 lacs, idfc 2.5 lacs and Axis 3 lacs limit. I have an salaried ITR of 12 lacs.

Can anyone guide me how to get regalia gold or any better card from hdfc?
Thanks in advance for any leads.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. Is there any lag in website or what is the time frame of cc approval ?

So many times. Often, the application shows rejected and then you get surprised by the card getting delivered 2 weeks later.

I would suggest hold on for a bit and keep communicating with the bank to know the real reason why it was rejected. There have been multiple stories where the application went from rejected to approved and card dispatched.

Re-applying will only complicate this process further.

3. I have an account of HDFC which I haven't used since 1.5 years and is still active with 0 balance. Does this impacted my cc approval chances?
Holding an account with good balance improves your chances but not having an account or holding a dormant account shouldn't make any difference.

akash2401

TF Buzz
So many times. Often, the application shows rejected and then you get surprised by the card getting delivered 2 weeks later.

I would suggest hold on for a bit and keep communicating with the bank to know the real reason why it was rejected. There have been multiple stories where the application went from rejected to approved and card dispatched.

Re-applying will only complicate this process further.

Holding an account with good balance improves your chances but not having an account or holding a dormant account shouldn't make any difference.
Got an update from their Kolkata team
They are willing to provide money-back+ plus but not regalia. Should I take it or not?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got an update from their Kolkata team
They are willing to provide money-back+ plus but not regalia. Should I take it or not?
Once a money-backer(er) always a money-back(er).

Do not that crappy card and ask them to give you a Regalia if they want more of your business or there are better banks out there.
Try negotiating otherwise, don't take any other card.

There are much better cards out there with way better rewards instead of taking their silly entry-level cards.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
#update
They have issued moneyback instead of regalia gold even after approving regalia gold.
Any help how to proceed further?
1) Never ever activate the legendary money back card
2) Fight with higher authorities via email citing the whole saga. Our comrades will give you email addresses to continue your fight. Because I never had to fight I don't know the email addresses..

Best wishes

Last edited:

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
#update
They have issued moneyback instead of regalia gold even after approving regalia gold.
Any help how to proceed further?
Mail to the PNO and grievance readdressal your application and ask them for replacement.

But most of the time HDFC approves a lower variant card if you are not eligible for the card you have applied for instead of rejecting you. So, that might be the case with you.

Reactions: SSV

Akashn

TF Ace

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1) Never ever activate the legendary money back card
2) Fight with higher authorities via email citing the whole saga. Our comrades will give you email addresses to continue your fight. Because I never had to fight I don't know the email addresses..

Best wishes
Ty bro for the help
He ( @Akashn )is the expert HDFC warrior,
Now, you need his blessings badly…
All the best