• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Redgirraffe - HDFC charge category

tsj49

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had paid my rent through Redgirraffe on 20th Dec through DCB and it was marked as insurance spends.
Has anyone paid after HDFC changed T&C (1st Jan, 2023) through Redgirraffe and checked if it's still insurance category or rent category?

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had paid my rent through Redgirraffe on 20th Dec through DCB and it was marked as insurance spends.
Has anyone paid after HDFC changed T&C (1st Jan, 2023) through Redgirraffe and checked if it's still insurance category or rent category?
I saw atleast 2 folks saying it still comes under insurance category and you would get RP.

yashbhavnani

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
To be precise, I think what you really want to know is if you’d get points or not. YES! you ll still score points for RedGirraffe payments if you are paying through HDFC. (p.s. I use Infinia and not diners)

ghask

TF Buzz
@tsj49 Which platform did you use here, that categorised it as insurance? Did you pay through HDFC mobile app or their netbanking bill pay portal?