• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reason CITI application from Kolkata got rejected?

CITI always rejects the credit card applications from Kolkata now-a-days. Only Delhi applications are getting approved. Can anyone confirm this?

prc1990

TF Ace
CITI always rejects the credit card applications from Kolkata now-a-days. Only Delhi applications are getting approved. Can anyone confirm this?
I'm from Kolkata and applied at the end Feb this year. I received the card on 31st March. In Person Verification took place for me as that time VKYC was not available due to some technical difficulties.

kejriwal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
After the sell off to Axis, they've become reluctant. I had applied for a Citi Rewards Credit card in the name of my wife. After a week or so, application status showed up that document will be collected. Someone had called me to say that document collection will be done but then he confirmed that no executive in Kolkata is free for KYC documents and someone will call me after 3-4 days. No further calls came. Then after 8-10 days, an email was sent by Citi saying the application has been rejected. It's so cruel on the part of Citi to do a hard enquiry in CIBIL and rejecting the application for having manpower issues and stating that the rejection is due to internal policies. Please let me know what to do?

After the sell off to Axis, they've become reluctant. I had applied for a Citi Rewards Credit card in the name of my wife. After a week or so, application status showed up that document will be collected. Someone had called me to say that document collection will be done but then he confirmed that no executive in Kolkata is free for KYC documents and someone will call me after 3-4 days. No further calls came. Then after 8-10 days, an email was sent by Citi saying the application has been rejected. It's so cruel on the part of Citi to do a hard enquiry in CIBIL and rejecting the application for having manpower issues and stating that the rejection is due to internal policies. Please let me know what to do?
Better you raise this issue to RBI Ombudsman.

krishc

TF Ace
Same happening with me.
I applied last week.
They hit the CIBIL with a really big amount.
Now this week they're saying they cannot do kyc in Kolkata, although in their tnc Kolkata is a covered city.
I want to raise the issue to Citi PNO and then if possible to RBI ombudsman.
Anyone got their mail ids?

krishc

TF Ace
not only kolkatta.. applications are even getting rejected in delhi/ncr too without any justified reason.. seems like they had achieved their targets
then why are they still calling people to apply for their cards ?
I suspect some kind of foul play here due to Axis involvement, maybe they only want customers who doesn't have Axis relationship already.

prc1990

TF Ace
Same happening with me.
I applied last week.
They hit the CIBIL with a really big amount.
Now this week they're saying they cannot do kyc in Kolkata, although in their tnc Kolkata is a covered city.
I want to raise the issue to Citi PNO and then if possible to RBI ombudsman.
Anyone got their mail ids?
head.customercare@citi.com

I'm from Kolkata as well and got the card back in March this year. Please read here Thread 'Unnecessary Delay in Video KYC for CITI Credit Card' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/unnecessary-delay-in-video-kyc-for-citi-credit-card.238/