• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL is now giving away LTF World Safari/ICON from Shoprite if you are upgraded from Zomato Edition

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

One big news I wanted to share with all of you.
Currently RBL is upgrading LTF Shoprite to LTF World Safari if you got LTF Shoprite from Zomato Edition.

Whoever has it, just call RBL & say that the Reward Rate is very poor with Shoprite & I don't want to continue with it.
Also ask if there is any upgrade offer for World Safari/ICON.
Based on your profile there is 99% probability that you will be offered either one of them. Many people has got it.

Go try your luck now!!

jimmypappachan

TF Premier
The priority pass that comes with world safari card is of 1 year validity isn't it! Does it get auto renewed?
And it is to be swiped at the INTL lounges right?(I meant to ask that it has no relation with dreamfolks/loungekey like online registrable portals)

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Has anyone tried to flip LTF RBL World Safari card from Visa to mastercard?
Th ey won't.

telescope

TF Ace
I hold LTF shoprite. Got a call and they are offering platinum delight FYF as upgrade. I asked that fellow to call me tomorrow and he was like "what are you thinking sir, this is the best card for you, take it right now, no need to think, this is best".

I asked him for LTF and not FYF, but he was persistent and said "you'll save a lot by getting 1000 points every month on 5k spends".

then, I asked for world safari LTF and he said, world safari is high-level card only for travellers otherwise it's bad card. I was adamant that any upgrade should be LTF, as my existing card is LTF.

Last edited:

krishc

TF Ace
Anyone availed the Multi-Trip insurance coverage by CARE, that comes with the World Safari cafd ?
I've received a mail in this regard but they're asking to enroll on Care site which I'm a bit skeptical about !!

balpreet.singh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

RBL World Safari card, what is the benefit apart from Priority Pass. I tried to go thru this thread, but couldn't get any other point apart from this.
I do have the RBL shoprite in lieu of Zomato card which was sent. Never used it

Regards,
Balpreet

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

RBL World Safari card, what is the benefit apart from Priority Pass. I tried to go thru this thread, but couldn't get any other point apart from this.
I do have the RBL shoprite in lieu of Zomato card which was sent. Never used it

Regards,
Balpreet
Good if you do not have any cards that has rewards rate>forex charge on international trips

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
My story of failed upgrade -
1. Raised RBL Zomato Closure request from Zomato App after migration to shoprite got announced. Card closed without any callback.
2. After 5-6 months, Applied and Got immediately approved for RBL Play card. The card announced devaluation just the next day. Used it for 2 months, as devaluation didn't kick in by that time and raised closure request. Got callback this time, but again denied for LTF Safari card. The best she offered is FYF Safari card. But I didn't had much interest in that. So denied and asked to close.

TF Select
Got my RBL Shoprite (from Zomato Classic) upgraded to RBL World Safari LTF by mailing to cardcancellation@rblbank.com. The retention team had called after 5 days and I explained to them that Shoprite is useless for me and since I travel extensively, I want Safari LTF (otherwise I am closing my Shoprite). They promptly upgraded my card to Safari LTF.

Anyone managed to successfully upgrade their Paisabazaar Duet to any other card? I have that card which is of no use to me. Will this same strategy work? Any views
Please share draft email you sent to RBL Bank. :)

TF Select
I have a RBL Shoprite LTF (converted from Zomato Classic LTF).

I called up RBL Bank and requested to close the card and also asked them to check if there is any upgrade offer. She said no upgrade offer and started asking details to close the card like mother's name and are pincode.

I disconnected the call.

Am I missing something or I am too late?

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a RBL Shoprite LTF (converted from Zomato Classic LTF).

I called up RBL Bank and requested to close the card and also asked them to check if there is any upgrade offer. She said no upgrade offer and started asking details to close the card like mother's name and are pincode.

I disconnected the call.

Am I missing something or I am too late?
Yeah you have to give those details and there is always a risk factor. After this step they will connect you with cancellation department who will upgrade your card. First person who picks up your call isn't going to help. After getting connected with retention team just tell them you wanted to close the card but could keep the relation if they could provide another card variant and with LTF conditions. And after that 99% chances are they're going to process the request.

TF Select
Yeah you have to give those details and there is always a risk factor. After this step they will connect you with cancellation department who will upgrade your card. First person who picks up your call isn't going to help. After getting connected with retention team just tell them you wanted to close the card but could keep the relation if they could provide another card variant and with LTF conditions. And after that 99% chances are they're going to process the request.
Thanks.

Called them again and gave closure request. Let's see.

I understand there is a bit of risk but I hardly use this card anyway. My last use was in Nov'22 (it was zomato card then) except a trial transaction of Rs.20 in May'23 to test this converted card.

So, no regrets even if they close it. If they convert, it will be good (upcoming trip outside India in Jan'24), else I will manage with Fi DC and OneCard (1.18% markup but will use as backup).

magneto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks.

Called them again and gave closure request. Let's see.

I understand there is a bit of risk but I hardly use this card anyway. My last use was in Nov'22 (it was zomato card then) except a trial transaction of Rs.20 in May'23 to test this converted card.

So, no regrets even if they close it. If they convert, it will be good (upcoming trip outside India in Jan'24), else I will manage with Fi DC and OneCard (1.18% markup but will use as backup).
Gave closure request? They didn't connect you to retention team??

TF Select
Gave closure request? They didn't connect you to retention team??
No, she didn't connect me to retention team. I think someone from retention team will call back on a working day. What do you think?

It's ok even if they close the card. Have 12-13 CCs and I am thinking to close the CCs which rarely have 10% discount offers on Amazon/Flipkart.