• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL is now giving away LTF World Safari/ICON from Shoprite if you are upgraded from Zomato Edition

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Guys,

One big news I wanted to share with all of you.
Currently RBL is upgrading LTF Shoprite to LTF World Safari if you got LTF Shoprite from Zomato Edition.

Whoever has it, just call RBL & say that the Reward Rate is very poor with Shoprite & I don't want to continue with it.
Also ask if there is any upgrade offer for World Safari/ICON.
Based on your profile there is 99% probability that you will be offered either one of them. Many people has got it.

Go try your luck now!!

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Not required, because it is kind of a transfer of all the balances, outstanding, EMI's from one card to another.
You need to follow up with then for closing the shoprite & Zomato account in Cibil because for every upgradation they open a new account so earlier one has to be closed.
As they are creating a new account in CIBIL that the reason I am asking for noc

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
got a call today, simply to say that it will take 75 days
someone please share where I can escalate to get it done quickly?
so we each need to email them? or it by default, rbl would close rbl zomato and shoprite card on it own? in 75 days from rbl work safari/icon depend what was approved for them or once you send them email then from that date?

krishc

TF Ace
so we each need to email them? or it by default, rbl would close rbl zomato and shoprite card on it own? in 75 days from rbl work safari/icon depend what was approved for them or once you send them email then from that date?
they say it will be closed after 75 days by default
but I want to escalate for closure earlier than that

funatlearn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have edition to shoprite. Have called few times for world safari Ltd, denied every time. Raised request for cancellation. Let's see what retention team does.
I have no need of this card , asking only as it is ltf.
So retention team offered ltf world safari and I gladly accepted. Card is dispatched in 4 days. Got whatsapp message your card is life time free.

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Called up the CC.

The executive was really helpful upgraded to a lifetime free World Safari on Mastercard. Will see where the Golf benefits can be used. All thanks to the TF Community.

rojajimmy

TF Select
I have been lurking here for more than a month coming daily and checking posts religiously BUT FInally registered today as I had to comment. Thank you for all the tips and tricks.
I tried this too but it has been 1 hell of a saga.
So i never got Shoprite as I saw that its a useless card and called CC to get World Safri before the Zomato Classic was even discontinued. They said it will be 3k + GST and I was like "cool".
I mean its one of the ONLY credit cards with Zero Forex, which is easily available without any FD or being a super rich person.
When I read this thread, I tried my luck. 7th July, a lady confirmed my card is LTF on call and I was about to tell her "Please send me a proof as a SMS/email" but I had to hang up as she was not audible and I called again and they said It is not free, it is chargeable only.
I escalated the matter to PNO, even CEO and they kept tellling me new SR nos and new dates to resolve this and I called again on 14th July where the CC confimred 3 things. (I recorded this call)

1. The existing RBL World Safari card will be cancelled and I will be issued a New World Safari card as Life Time Free.

2. The Charges levied on the existing card will be reversed in the next statement.

3. The card will be issued by 19th July, 2023.

However, nothing happened and finally I got an email from PNO saying we wont give you a LTF card as its a paid card. We will waive the charges though.

Yesterday after that reply, I escalated this to RBI ombudsman and I should be getting the LTF safari as I have a recording where it is clearly mentioned and I could not submit that as proof because you can just upload docs on the RBI CMS portal but I did send that as an email attaching the same.
lets see what happens.

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is there any requirement/ elegibility criteria, for the upgrade to world safari cc, I had Zomato classic card they converted it to shoprite it's been lying unused since then I've not yet done anything with it.

sankar7000

TF Buzz
Is there any requirement/ elegibility criteria, for the upgrade to world safari cc, I had Zomato classic card they converted it to shoprite it's been lying unused since then I've not yet done anything with it.
Which RBL card gives points for income tax payments, NPS payments and rent?

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Which RBL card gives points for income tax payments, NPS payments and rent?
I guess you've misquoted my post, I'm not aware about reward points on nps/tax/rent payments,

My post was to ask whether they'll reject or approve or my upgrade, if the bank has some criteria don't want unnecessary rejection.