• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI restriction on SBM bank

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Received a notification from Niyo global that international transactions are banned on niyo global sbm card due to latest ban on SBM
However domestic transaction will not be impacted.

It’s a big news for those currently travelling abroad and are using their niyo global card only

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Received a notification from Niyo global that international transactions are banned on niyo global sbm card due to latest ban on SBM
However domestic transaction will not be impacted.

It’s a big news for those currently travelling abroad and are using their niyo global card only
Fancy banks like SBM are prime example of 'Naam bade Darshan chote'. Most of the time transactions get stuck.
Fi Money powered by Federal bank is far better than this Niyo Global. Literally zero failure observed.

xiddy

TF Premier
I have used Niyo every day for two months outside India. Didn't face a single issue.
Time to get a Fi card I guess.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you please share the screenshot of the text? I recommended this card to my sister and she is waiting to board her flight right now. 🥲

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I have used Niyo every day for two months outside India. Didn't face a single issue.
Time to get a Fi card I guess.
True
For the last 1 year I have been using it for all my international trips , for a matter of fact I just used it day before yesterday in my Dubai trip. I also have FII and Jupiter both, but I think the User interface of niyo global is much better than FII with the currency converter and atm locator it is really handy in international trips

xiddy

TF Premier
True
For the last 1 year I have been using it for all my international trips , for a matter of fact I just used it day before yesterday in my Dubai trip. I also have FII and Jupiter both, but I think the User interface of niyo global is much better than FII with the currency converter and atm locator it is really handy in international trips
Does Jupiter have 0 forex markup as well?

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Remittances we can understand but what's rbi concern with int txn?
Obviously competition is problem who are lobbying govt via rbi. As most international txn share is taken by nio with every other travel YouTuber recommending it.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Remittances we can understand but what's rbi concern with int txn?
Obviously competition is problem who are lobbying govt via rbi. As most international txn share is taken by nio with every other travel YouTuber recommending it.
Niyo global is a perfect international card , the conversion rates I have been getting was also very good and the convenience of currency converter in app and ATM locator , it’s a petty they have to suffer because of SBM. Still I would prefer them over FII for international travel once RBI lifts the ban or they find any other banking partner. I also loved their card design

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The timing could not have been worse 🥲

Any other card that anyone can recommend for upcoming international travel with 0% forex fee?