• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI assistance after failed transaction with Mobikwik without refund

supperman

TF Select
I made a credit card payment involving a significant amount of money (> 20K) on Mobikwik. The payment went into "processing" and did not come out of it till 26 December, when it showed "failed".

I contacted Mobikwik on social media, raised a ticket on app, raised a concern by writing to grievances@Mobikwik.com L2 support within applicable time frames, but received only generic responses and none since 25 December. Despite calls, escalations and requests for callback, which did not happen, no progress has been made regarding a date or timeline for a refund. Even after payment has shown as Failed, customer care is resisting to give me a timeline for a refund.

Mobikwik lists a nodal authority of their own, but the phone number is a generic customer care number, and Nodal's email ID bounces as inactive.

Only RBI's Ombudsman is left as further support. I have not needed to reach out to Ombudsman for any concern till date and it'd be the first time.

Would the complaint be taken in by the Ombudsman? While it hasn't been 30 days, no other avenue of support exists with Mobikwik since nodal support is non-existent. Is there any other piece of advice I ought to have?

akshayhs

TF Ace
Go to your payment history. Do you see a record that says "Refund from Credit card" as SUCCESS? If so, wait for the refund to be credited. In my case it took < 72 hours to get back the amount.

supperman

TF Select
Go to your payment history. Do you see a record that says "Refund from Credit card" as SUCCESS? If so, wait for the refund to be credited. In my case it took < 72 hours to get back the amount.
No, not really. That transaction was in "processing" state. Payment never got passed on to the card. It changed to "failed" state 3 days ago. Clicking on that transaction doesn't do anything, just gives an error saying "No invoice is available for this transaction". This is on Mobikwik.

supperman

TF Select
You can also reach to Ombudsman if unsatisfied with the top authority response without waiting for 30 days.
The problem is that there is no such accessible authority in Mobikwik. They've listed a phone number and email, but the former is a generic customer care number while the other is inactive. Under the circumstances, generic customer care is the highest level of escalation accessible, and they're just sitting around.

Since the actual complaint was only opened 10 days ago, would it get auto rejected by the Ombudsman process?

Jeba M

TF Select
I made a credit card payment involving a significant amount of money (> 20K) on Mobikwik. The payment went into "processing" and did not come out of it till 26 December, when it showed "failed".

I contacted Mobikwik on social media, raised a ticket on app, raised a concern by writing to grievances@Mobikwik.com L2 support within applicable time frames, but received only generic responses and none since 25 December. Despite calls, escalations and requests for callback, which did not happen, no progress has been made regarding a date or timeline for a refund. Even after payment has shown as Failed, customer care is resisting to give me a timeline for a refund.

Mobikwik lists a nodal authority of their own, but the phone number is a generic customer care number, and Nodal's email ID bounces as inactive.

Only RBI's Ombudsman is left as further support. I have not needed to reach out to Ombudsman for any concern till date and it'd be the first time.

Would the complaint be taken in by the Ombudsman? While it hasn't been 30 days, no other avenue of support exists with Mobikwik since nodal support is non-existent. Is there any other piece of advice I ought to have?
Arrange to pay the bill amount from other sources. Leave that amount for 60 day and follow up with Mobikwik regularly and make it as a evidence. After that you approach to the ombudsman they will impose penalty to Mobikwik for non adhering of regulations. In my cases for Rs.30000 failure I lodged the ombudsman complaint after 30 days. But ombudsman not penalized a single penny and for RS.1000 failure I lodged the ombudsman complaint after 60 days, luckily ombudsman penalized RS.6000 on Mobikwik for the ignorance.

supperman

TF Select
Arrange to pay the bill amount from other sources. Leave that amount for 60 day and follow up with Mobikwik regularly and make it as a evidence. After that you approach to the ombudsman they will impose penalty to Mobikwik for non adhering of regulations. In my cases for Rs.30000 failure I lodged the ombudsman complaint after 30 days. But ombudsman not penalized a single penny and for RS.1000 failure I lodged the ombudsman complaint after 60 days, luckily ombudsman penalized RS.6000 on Mobikwik for the ignorance.
I've already paid the bill. Had to, since payment date was near. Thanks for your advice on follow-ups. I do it almost daily, with responses collected as evidence.