• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI asks Federal and South Indian Bank to stop issuing co-brand cards

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Huge blow to Scapia/OneCard/Fi and other fintechs.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

jhakaas.... saare ghar ko saaf kar dunga... RBI

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
finally some good news, now scapia will partner with new bank :D

Why would any new bank partner with them and also invite RBI’s wrath? This is a far serious blow to their core business models and it’s possible they may never recover.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I guess the Fintech will have to fix the issue and clearly mention that they are offering a co-branded credit card, like how normal banks do and they will be back in business.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I guess the Fintech will have to fix the issue and clearly mention that they are offering a co-branded credit card, like how normal banks do and they will be back in business.
RBI has a problem with financial data being shared by the banks with the brand partners..

sjmajumder

TF Ace

And I cancelled One Card to apply for Scapia...still waiting for cool down period to get over :(

AZ7

TF Buzz
Once federal bank complies with data sharing regulations of RBI, they can start giving cards again. Scapia was also in talks with South India Bank on issuing cards through them. Both their banking partners have been hit by this regulation

MusicalMind

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
According to RBI, it's ok to have Neo banks like Fi parterened with Federal Bank shares data with Fi but can't have co- branded cc that shares data with third party