Talkcharge Fraud, asking customer to repay cashback or they will send legal notice as per RBI guidelines

SpidySpider

I don't think you have any liability to refund. Users should have spent the money by now. Very strange, how can they expect users to have the cashback present which was given in the past.

I believe you don't need to worry.

They are vaguely actually requesting you to pay back, not even mentioning amount due.
Let them send demand letter which they can not because you don't owe them any amount.

Also legal notice is not a general notice that they are sending to everyone. To be legally abidable it needs to be in the name of individual.

Quick question - Do they have your aadhar or PAN? and when did you receive the cashback amount?
1000053575.jpg
DD se copy Kiya na?🤣🤣

deepakj687

I don't think you have any liability to refund. Users should have spent the money by now. Very strange, how can they expect users to have the cashback present which was given in the past.

They are vaguely actually requesting you to pay back, not even mentioning amount due.
Let them send demand letter which they can not because you don't owe them any amount.

Also legal notice is not a general notice that they are sending to everyone. To be legally abidable it needs to be in the name of individual.

Quick question - Do they have your aadhar or PAN? and when did you receive the cashback amount?
No adhaar or pan. I used the wallet amount before 8 to 9 months back

Many of us have heard of a app few months back namely talkcharge. It is a app where you can load wallet and keep theoney in few months it would give x2 or x3 .... cashback.
I was also one of them . I loaded it in around 25k but used all my amount in doing electricity or mobile recharge before this news. For keeping the money for some time. I also got cashback as now a days cashkero gives. When u redirect to Flipkart or Amazon before shopping on them.
But today I got this message that I would have to give all the cashback by recharging my wallet back to the amount how much cashback I have received till date. So I would like to your views on it. Never faced this kind of situation before. Kindly guide me.
I am ready to give the received cashback which is around rs. 3045 & rs 800.
@TechnoFino kindly guide us. Because I have not found any post on our forum about this.

One of friend @rp0703 has given me the vedio in comments to attaching the link
Post in thread 'Talkcharge Fraud, asking customer to repay cashback or they will send legal notice as per RBI guidelines' https://www.technofino.in/community...otice-as-per-rbi-guidelines.25517/post-608756
all these fly by night apps are v risky.. long term pain for very small short term gain.. whyy even go to these apps.. dangerous.. avoid...

Many of us have heard of a app few months back namely talkcharge. It is a app where you can load wallet and keep theoney in few months it would give x2 or x3 .... cashback.
I was also one of them . I loaded it in around 25k but used all my amount in doing electricity or mobile recharge before this news. For keeping the money for some time. I also got cashback as now a days cashkero gives. When u redirect to Flipkart or Amazon before shopping on them.
But today I got this message that I would have to give all the cashback by recharging my wallet back to the amount how much cashback I have received till date. So I would like to your views on it. Never faced this kind of situation before. Kindly guide me.
@TechnoFino kindly guide us. Because I have not found any post on our forum about this.

Post in thread 'Talkcharge Fraud, asking customer to repay cashback or they will send legal notice as per RBI guidelines' https://www.technofino.in/community...otice-as-per-rbi-guidelines.25517/post-608756
15000 added and 5k cashback.. really.. wow.. no wonder they are now under scrutiny.. legally they can recover as it is rbi asking them to do it..they are not doing on their own.... however very unlikely that many will payback.. they will show these notices to rbi to say we tried no one paid back.. its fine for now... wait and watch!!

There are so many people whose money is stuck in this app. They were running so many absurd offers and people fell for it.
1000034759.png

Vishal N

Yeah exactly lol. This is a request worded in strong legalese. They are hoping users get scared and send it back.

xfactcc

Read the stop operation order by RBI, I can bet blindly nowhere in the document RBI mentions additional money offered by the company as cashback must be returned by the customer. When it voluntarily offered you such scheme, it voluntarily made a contract to disburse the same and you agreed.

The liability is on it not you, it is on them. It is just using blank thread to recover the losses.

It will make a poor case even I were to take their legal notice as valid, it isn't.

Just preserve evidence that the amount was offered as 'cashback' by them under relevant offers run by them.

Middle finger to them for being offensive though.