Infinia Question re: upgrade through email route

bombayduckling

Hi guys,
I currently hold a DCB metal card with a CL of over 16L, and inspired by all the Infinia upgrade posts on Technofino, I decided to focus all my spends on DCB in the hope of meeting all the upgrade criteria.
Before starting this process, I decided to play it safe and get a confirmation in writing from HDFC regarding upgrade criteria.
I wrote to infinia.services@hdfcbank.com and they confirmed what many Technofino members have said, namely:

1. Existing credit card limit should be minimum 10 lakhs.
2. Last 6 months spend should be minimum 7.5 lakhs.
3. Last card upgrade has to be more than 6 months (upgrade of card will be done only once in 6 months

Thanks to extensive travel in the past 6 months or so, I was able to increase my spends to over 10L (what helped me a lot is using my Diners card to load my Forexplus card!)

My last card upgrade (DCB to DCB Metal) happened end of October 2023.

Anyway, I then wrote back and I was told that I was now eligible for Infinia and I should send a scanned signed copy of the attached upgrade form along with a confirmation that I have understood the terms and conditions regarding existing reward points transfer.

Very excited, I did all this only to receive another email saying:

On receipt of your email, we would like to take this opportunity to bring to your notice that as per internal norms, we cannot process requests received through channels like PhoneBanking, e-mail, or facsimile. This is to ensure that your security is not compromised, and we can carry out the necessary verification and authentication.
We request you to forward the upgrade form along with the confirmation to the following address to assist you further in this regard:
HDFC Bank Cards Division.
PO BOX # 8654.
Thiruvanmiyur P.O.
Chennai 600 041

I was really irritated because in the previous email I was clearly told to send a SCANNED copy. How does one send a scanned copy by post lol

My question to Technofino members is:
Is this usually the case? Did you have to send the upgrade form by post after emailing the concerned persons?
Please help! Tagging some succesful Infinia upgraders @Sisyphus @sanzz @Pravas

Firewing224

Hi guys,
I currently hold a DCB metal card with a CL of over 16L, and inspired by all the Infinia upgrade posts on Technofino, I decided to focus all my spends on DCB in the hope of meeting all the upgrade criteria.
Before starting this process, I decided to play it safe and get a confirmation in writing from HDFC regarding upgrade criteria.
I wrote to infinia.services@hdfcbank.com and they confirmed what many Technofino members have said, namely:

3. Last card upgrade has to be more than 6 months (upgrade of card will be done only once in 6 months

Thanks to extensive travel in the past 6 months or so, I was able to increase my spends to over 10L (what helped me a lot is using my Diners card to load my Forexplus card!)

Anyway, I then wrote back and I was told that I was now eligible for Infinia and I should send a scanned signed copy of the attached upgrade form along with a confirmation that I have understood the terms and conditions regarding existing reward points transfer.

On receipt of your email, we would like to take this opportunity to bring to your notice that as per internal norms, we cannot process requests received through channels like PhoneBanking, e-mail, or facsimile. This is to ensure that your security is not compromised, and we can carry out the necessary verification and authentication.
We request you to forward the upgrade form along with the confirmation to the following address to assist you further in this regard:
PO BOX # 8654.
Thiruvanmiyur P.O.
Chennai 600 041

I was really irritated because in the previous email I was clearly told to send a SCANNED copy. How does one send a scanned copy by post lol

Is this usually the case? Did you have to send the upgrade form by post after emailing the concerned persons?
They don't like you. HOW CAN YOU GET INFINIA SO EASILY? Thoda escalate karo, thoda Intezaar karo. Chennai office se milo. MD ko email karo. This isn't the right way. If they had accepted, you wouldn't get a sense of accomplishment of getting Infinia.

I sent scan copy to PNO. They upgraded instantly within 3 days.

Googix

I upgraded from DCB to FYF Infinia Metal. I quite couldn't achieve 7.5L in exact 6 months. I did like 9L in 8-9 months. So I sent mail to PNO and complained about Diners not getting accepted at many places and my credit limit is 15L so why am I not still not getting Infinia. Well they finally accepted my request for a FYF Infinia, they asked me to download and fill out a form and re-upload again. Received main and 2 add-on Infinias in same package.

bombayduckling

They don't like you. HOW CAN YOU GET INFINIA SO EASILY? Thoda escalate karo, thoda Intezaar karo. Chennai office se milo. MD ko email karo. This isn't the right way. If they had accepted, you wouldn't get a sense of accomplishment of getting Infinia.

I sent scan copy to PNO. They upgraded instantly within 3 days.
Sooo true!! If upgrade story is not filled with obstacles and setbacks and rona-dhona how will I be able to write a lamba-chauda megapost on Twitter?! 😁😁
But let me try sending a scan copy to PNO. Thanks for the tip.

elite34700

Hi guys,

PO BOX # 8654.
Thiruvanmiyur P.O.
Chennai 600 041

Send the scanned copy to your BM and ask him to take a approval from the circle head to process the application on a scan basis alternatively drop the upgrade form at the branch to send it physically. Kindly DM if theres still a challenge.

bombayduckling

Send the scanned copy to your BM and ask him to take a approval from the circle head to process the application on a scan basis alternatively drop the upgrade form at the branch to send it physically. Kindly DM if theres still a challenge.
Thank you. I finally decided to drop the upgrade form at my branch. The person who handles cards said that if you have sufficient spending in last 6 months, you won't have a problem. But of course he will throw his hands up if my upgrade is rejected. I will DM you if this happens 🙂

bombayduckling

I upgraded from DCB to FYF Infinia Metal. I quite couldn't achieve 7.5L in exact 6 months. I did like 9L in 8-9 months. So I sent mail to PNO and complained about Diners not getting accepted at many places and my credit limit is 15L so why am I not still not getting Infinia. Well they finally accepted my request for a FYF Infinia, they asked me to download and fill out a form and re-upload again. Received main and 2 add-on Infinias in same package.
I mentioned this in my reply to the email from HDFC Bank (that others are allowed to send soft copies of upgrade forms). And I said that I should have escalated to PNO and MD desk but won't for now because the person I was communicating with had been quite helpful so far..

bombayduckling

How do I get my limit increased? I have more than 7.5L spends on my Regalia Gold. Current Limit 5L
Nobody has yet been able to figure out HDFC Bank's mysterious upgrade/CL increase algorithm! My brother never uses his Regalia and he has a higher CL than mine. Some suggestions that seem to have worked for others:
If you have funds lying in another bank savings account, move them to your HDFC account and keep them for a few months.

If you have a good salary, share your salary docs with the bank and request an increase.

Hi guys,

PO BOX # 8654.
Thiruvanmiyur P.O.
Chennai 600 041

yes.. i had the similar experience.. slight difference is that they confirmed that they could give me infinia on email and then asked me to send the forms formally

Alex292929

Nobody has yet been able to figure out HDFC Bank's mysterious upgrade/CL increase algorithm! My brother never uses his Regalia and he has a higher CL than mine. Some suggestions that seem to have worked for others:
If you have funds lying in another bank savings account, move them to your HDFC account and keep them for a few months.

If you have a good salary, share your salary docs with the bank and request an increase.
My average balance for last one year is more than 5L

an0nym0us

Regalia Buisness with enough limit+spends just needed an email sent to priorityredressal and then an acknowledgement that it would be FYF (got the card 2 laters after acknowledgement). (First was trying through RM but no help without income docs - directly emailing worked without any documents or form).

bombayduckling

Hi guys,

PO BOX # 8654.
Thiruvanmiyur P.O.
Chennai 600 041

UPDATE: I received my Infinia today. Thanks everyone for your support 🙏 🙏 🙏