• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Queries | DCB LTF and Upgrade

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Hi All,

I tried my best to convert My DCB to LTF but i was rejected
1) Any criteria to get DCB LTF?
2) My RM is asking me to put request for infinia upgrade after cooling period ,What is cooling period ? Will it be approved ? i don't have So much ITR

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi anish Im sorry. I meant to say an upgrade from Regalia to Infinia. (Slip of tongue/ finger rather)

I reiterate my question.

I applied for Diner's privelege once 2m back ( & it got rejected likely reason I hold one Regalia credit card)

But according to this article I fulfil criteria for Diner's black. But can I get Diners black really lifetime free?
That sounds too good to be true
If institute is recognised by HDFC then you do get it LTG, I am holding it and so are many others here. Hope you get yours too :)

Sachs

TF Select
This was complicated and embarrassing (for both HDFC and myself, ha ha) but in case it helps:
Grievance Redressal would not convert my paid Diners Black to a LTF card (under the alumni program). They did not say why - only that the card came with an annual fee. Instead they offered me an upgrade to a FYF metal Infinia (my credit limit is 8L). I took this upgrade because - in my opinion - a paid DCB no longer makes sense (given the devaluation + some limitations in acceptance; and no points against renewal fees).

I was uncomfortable with the Infinia because I am not a particularly high spender or a frequent traveler. So I wrote to them asking for clarification on their alumni-LTF program. To my surprise, they replied offering me a DCB LTF as a downgrade from the metal Infinia. Again, no explanation was provided about why this had become possible (just a few weeks after their previous email).

I took the downgrade to the LTF DCB but then, within ten days, faced two rejections of the Diners card in a tier-1 city. I realized that the DCB could not be my primary card since it could fail on important occasions (I have 3 credit cards and plan to close one so my primary card needs to 'work').

I therefore went back to a FYF Infinia (Visa). The card works everywhere and their support team is prompt and helpful so...
Paying annual fee for INFINIA should not feel like squandering, you will get 10,000 reward points. GST of 2000 rupees however needs to be recovered.

Does NIT Warangal come under Alumni DCB LTF?
NITW Alumni here. On 11th, Requested them to upgrade my 'LTF Regalia' to 'LTF DCB'. They acknowledged my request the same day and informed me about getting back by 14th. Fingers Crossed !

Will keep updating you & the community.

Last edited:
NITW Alumni here. On 11th, Requested them to upgrade my 'LTF Regalia' to 'LTF DCB'. They acknowledged my request same day and informed me about getting back by 14th. Fingers Crossed !

Please do provide the end result. Thanks :). In the list which is floating around, I didn't find NITW in it but hope they consider it.
Yesterday, They asked for my 'Degree Certificate' & 'Upgrade Consent Form'. When I mailed those documents, Bank told me that they will reply by 18th.

Yogi24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Anyone received LTF DCB annual memberships welcome benefit on 1.5 lakhs spend with in 90 days??
Is it available on alumni program LTF DCB credit card?

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
NITW Alumni here. On 11th, Requested them to upgrade my 'LTF Regalia' to 'LTF DCB'. They acknowledged my request the same day and informed me about getting back by 14th. Fingers Crossed !

Where to email? and what all documents are required? pay slip and other stuff also required. Please tell