• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Purchasing Amex Points

AakashCJB

TF Select
Hello all,

This is in regards with purchasing/buying AMEX MR POINTS.

1) Is it possible to purchase AMEX MR POINTS? If yes is there any monthly/quarterly limit!

2) Can I use that purchased points for Transfer to BONVOY, and other airline partners?

Thank you!

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

1) Is it possible to purchase AMEX MR POINTS? If yes is there any monthly/quarterly limit!

2) Can I use that purchased points for Transfer to BONVOY, and other airline partners?

Thank you!
+1

I am also looking for the same.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think there was some thread in which it was discussed that Amex allows you to buy MR points if you are short for some redemption etc. Better to call Amex customer care and check. I don’t know the upper limit on no of points or cost of buying the points.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can anyone please let us know?
Hello all,

Thank you!

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

Thank you!
1. YES, max 10K points per year per card at 4K rupees. You can not purchase points if you have 0 points in amex account. you can buy points equal to points available in amex account max 10K.

vinrey287

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Also, are these purchase considered for Plat Travel milestone?
1. YES, max 10K points per year per card at 4K rupees. You can not purchase points if you have 0 points in amex account. you can buy points equal to points available in amex account max 10K.

I have the AMEX trifecta cards and I also (un)luckily have a pooled MR account. Points of all 3 cards get pooled into the same MR pool. I was happy about this till now, but when I tried buying 10000 MR points per card to a total of 30000 points, I was told that they can only raise a request for 10k points as the limit is actually per MR account and not per card :(

Is anyone in a similar situation? Any chance the CS rep was just confused?

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have the AMEX trifecta cards and I also (un)luckily have a pooled MR account. Points of all 3 cards get pooled into the same MR pool. I was happy about this till now, but when I tried buying 10000 MR points per card to a total of 30000 points, I was told that they can only raise a request for 10k points as the limit is actually per MR account and not per card :(

I bought 30k points last week, 10k each on 3 three cards. Try another executive. s/he may be ignorant.

I have 2 cards and I purchased 20k points recently. Wait for the first 10k to be credited and then chat with them again, they will let us purchase another 10k. Also I was specifically told that the points are per card. So I am sure you will be able to get 30k points.

I have 2 cards and I purchased 20k points recently. Wait for the first 10k to be credited and then chat with them again, they will let us purchase another 10k. Also I was specifically told that the points are per card. So I am sure you will be able to get 30k points.
thanks for sharing your experience. will ask them again after the first 10k are credited. I just want to get them before Dec-15 for MB transfer lol