• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Thanks got it without closure request (on newly issued card 😉)

Timeline if it helps someone: (please note it depends on person to person, case to case).

Got sbi card 21-11-2023

Got charged joining fee in first statment in December 2023

Get Fee Reversal right after First statment.

Total time 35 days between card issue and fee reversal

Total time 10 days between fee charged and reversal.

Total Spends under 25k (little bit of total limit).
Guru Expert nikle yaaar..🫡

New Card me thok diya Reversal..
Thanks for letting us know...

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Timeline if it helps someone: (please note it depends on person to person, case to case).

Got sbi card 21-11-2023

Which card it is?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Got sbi card 21-11-2023

So did they make it LTF... Without closure request did you called them or sent an email?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
is thread me jo likha ja raha sab unko pura padhe bina LTF man lete

LTF likha hi nahi hai bande ne apni post me, Joining Fee reveral ki baat ki hai
That's why I asked question did they make it LTF... As op mentioned thanks got it without closure request.. although he have mentioned reversal of fee but as he mentioned got it.. it could be both LTF as well as getting back joining fees

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Without knowing the reason from customer by retention team, You card will not proceed for closure..

SBI Card is going very aggressive in card market ,,,giving tough fight to HDFC to reach at first spot..
their spending also increased this year, due to more people are paying bills on time.
So we can never be sure.

hedgehog2122

TF Premier
Trick didn't work for me on FBB and Simply click card and I eventually closed both. FBB anyways became useless after big bazaar closure.

• Sad
Reactions: Rkr