• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
My SBI cashback card anniversary is in September and spends till now is around 80K. Last year I could meet the spend requirement but not sure if possible this year but don't want to risk closure of the card as of now.
1. Should I request for LTF request now or later after card anniversary?
2. Do I need to clear balance till date before calling ?
3. When is the best time to call - after monthly statement generation ?
4. Should I call customer care, ask for closure and same time ask them to transfer to retention time or waiting from call is only option?
5. Experts please suggest key points for negotiation which works.
6. As it's financial closing, will it be better to call now ?

Thanks in advance
For LTF you can ask/anytime even today but suggesting go via call to retention team.

For fee reversal, let the fee first charged then only it can be reversed.Simple logic..

Vineet_

TF Premier
For LTF you can ask/anytime even today but suggesting go via call to retention team.

For fee reversal, let the fee first charged then only it can be reversed.Simply logic..
It seems correct as @Rkr said only after charging only renewal fee sbi cashback card a/c hope fully reverse fee if fyf issued.

After this

I again placed call directly to sbi cc asked to connect retention team i need ltf card or i repeated several times to connect with retention team but he didn't agreed then he said only after charge in card fee we can do something.

Any how i disconnected call & after an hour i can see in track request section one request he raised for retail card closure - card a/c closure without any conversation & consent i accidently checked the tracked request section request still open any how i made 100 rs immediate transaction for keep due .

@Rkr any suggestion to avoid this mess in call as well . If i forget to see track request section then card will closed any day i feel without any consent or customer request.

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
It seems correct as @Rkr said only after charging only renewal fee sbi cashback card a/c hope fully reverse fee if fyf issued.
I again placed call directly to sbi cc asked to connect retention team i need ltf card or i repeated several times to connect with retention team but he didn't agreed then he said only after charge in card fee we can do something.

Any how i disconnected call & after an hour i can see in track request section one request he raised for retail card closure - card a/c closure without any conversation & consent i accidently checked the tracked request section request still open any how i made 100 rs immediate transaction for keep due .

@Rkr any suggestion to avoid this mess in call as well . If i forget to see track request section then card will closed any day i feel without any consent or customer request.
If they are taking request for LTF then request id will be PCT Id change request..If PCT id change request taken means LTF request taken....

If on call with retention team is not agreeing on LTF then poliety tell them like give me some time to decide what to do with this card and clearly tell the same.Dont proceed with closure of card.Drop the call after telling what i have told before and again try after week for LTF.

Tarun239

TF Premier

After this

Why was ur call not connected to retention team??

djrocky

TF Buzz

For fee reversal, let the fee first charged then only it can be reversed.Simple logic..
Thanks to you and community, was able to convince in the call to close or make it LTF.

Pct id request taken so hopefully no need to check further.
On the flip side, it seems devaluation may be coming.

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I wanted to reverse the reverse the annual charges levied on my card.
On 25th of March the charges were levied, whenever I try to reverse the charges I get this error

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-27-16-18-42-89_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-27-16-18-42-89_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 58

Vineet_

TF Premier
On 25th of March the charges were levied, whenever I try to reverse the charges I get this error
I am expecting kindly wait till next bill generation?

Kindly confirm you have paid renewal fee for following card

Anyhow what is card variant ?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
First pay then call customer care to reverse the charges via retention team...even you can try right now..

If inbetween you due date is falling then suggesting better pay and keep trying for reversal as well as LTF.

bhaveshS

TF Ace
First pay then call customer care to reverse the charges via retention team...even you can try right now..

If inbetween you due date is falling then suggesting better pay and keep trying for reversal as well as LTF.
If i spend 2 lakh + then i get reversal further i call retention for reversal to waived charges then i got 999 benefit

Profit?

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I paid the bill on 26th(annual charges was levied on 25th i.e end of the billing cycle.
I don't think I will be eligible for LTF since spends are very less rewarding around 70k(in which only 11k is being counted because when I applied for add on my primary card number aslo got changed)

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
tried to close my simplyclick, got annaul fee refund immediately. Customer care said that they raised request for LTF. Wrote a mail to confirm the same. Got a call saying, they can reverse fee but not make it ltf. Will try next year i guess.