• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Premier to Eterna Upgrade

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I've recently emailed to eterna@bobfinancial.com for upgrading my Premier card to Eterna.
They have asked me to do the process online but since I already hold 1 BOB card, there is no option to apply for 2nd card.

How do I do it? Offline? or with conversions@bobfinancial.com.

Conversions team will send a form to fill and sign but that form has BOB Fees and not LTF

How to proceed?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Sent first mail on 30th July for LTF upgrade.

Filled conversions form and attached ITR on 3rd August.

Sent follow up mails on 8th, 12th and 22nd August.

Got below reply on 13th and 23rd August.
We would like to inform you that your request is under reviewing we will revert you shortly after receiving confirmation from higher authorities.

Got below reply on 26th August.
We refer to your trail mail and write to inform you that we have taken up matter with higher authority , after receiving approval from higher authority we will revert you shortly.

In between, got a few more automated replies saying new ticket number every time.

Going by others timeline, it will probably take 1-2 weeks more.
Today (29th August) got approval message with same limit as current.

We are upgrading your card into ETERNA with LTF & limit of xxxx. You will receive the card shortly.

Tarunch

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I re
Today (29th August) got approval message with same limit as current.

We are upgrading your card into ETERNA with LTF & limit of xxxx. You will receive the card shortly.
I received same reply today. But they sent a paid eterna on August 5th. Will I get a new eterna which is LTF?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
30th August - I can see new card starting with 4531 now in portal.
congrats!

trying to summarise the process as i would be needing it soon:
1) which card did you upgrade from?
2) how much time did you wait after getting this card before applying for eterna?
3) did you keep a high usage on this card? i want to know if they also consider the spend on existing card or just itr criteria suffices.
4) which email ids finally worked for you?
5) did you have to send repeat emails to them because any of them rejected your request?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
congrats!

trying to summarise the process as i would be needing it soon:
1) which card did you upgrade from?
2) how much time did you wait after getting this card before applying for eterna?
3) did you keep a high usage on this card? i want to know if they also consider the spend on existing card or just itr criteria suffices.
4) which email ids finally worked for you?
5) did you have to send repeat emails to them because any of them rejected your request?
1. Premier
2. I think I got premier visa in February, converted to premier rupay in April and now converted to Eterna in August. Don't think they have any cooldown.
3. I had very limited usage - maybe around 30k total in these 6 months. Out of that majority was Paytm wallet load for the 2% cb offer itself.
4. I don't know about email ids. I always sent on all mails simultaneously - conversions, Eterna and escalations. Most replies were from conversions and few from Eterna.
5. You can see my previous post, i sent a few times just for follow up. None rejected this time, none confirmed LTF either until 2 days back.

I had asked earlier during February also after applying for Eterna LTF based on 30L criterion. At that time, they rejected any 30L criterion. Probably it was known to very few people at that time.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I asked BOB for an LTF upgrade and they denied but they upgraded to paid Eterna without consent.

Can they do that?
I never told them to upgrade the care without LTF.
they can't.

The issue of unsolicited cards/upgradation is strictly prohibited. In case, an unsolicited card is issued/existing card upgraded and activated without the explicit consent of the recipient and the latter is billed for the same, the card-issuer shall not only reverse the charges forthwith, but also pay a penalty without demur to the recipient amounting to twice the value of the charges reversed. In addition, the person in whose name the card is issued can also approach the RBI Ombudsman who would determine the amount of compensation payable by the card-issuer to the recipient of the unsolicited card as per the provisions of the Ombudsman Scheme, i.e., for loss of complainant’s time, expenses incurred, harassment and mental anguish suffered by him/her.