• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest me my 10th credit card

Hi,

I am looking to get my 10th credit card. Here are the current cards which I have & their credit limit:

1. STANDARD CHARTERED Platinum Rewards (LTF)
  2. ICICI Amazon Pay (LTF)
  3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
  9. KOTAK Platinum League Rupay (LTF)
  10. ICICI Coral Rupay
  11. TATA Neu Plus
My Monthly Salary is ~50k, and the card with the highest limit is ICICI Amazon Pay with Rs 4,60,000.
Any card that you would suggest that I should get for sure apart from Amex cards, preferably LTF. There are so many cards available in the market I am not sure which one should I go for. I am though looking for a premium credit card.

Last edited:

sahil1033

TF Premier
I'll suggest Axis Ace for flat 2% cashback and you may even get Rs. 500 cashback on applying, could be user specific but worth a try checking Google Pay app once.

Hi,

I am looking to get my 10th credit card. Here are the current cards which I have & their credit limit:

3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
  10. ICICI Coral Rupay
  11. TATA Neu Plus
My Monthly Salary is ~50k, and the card with the highest limit is ICICI Amazon Pay with Rs 4,60,000.
Any card that you would suggest that I should get for sure apart from Amex cards, preferably LTF. There are so many cards available in the market I am not sure which one should I go for. I am though looking for a premium credit card.
I have recently got limit enhancement on my Amazon Card so any card that you can suggest I can get using C2C basis for LTF or is there any way to upgrade any of these cards to higher variant based on credit limit of my Amazon Credit Card

harsh1387

TF Ace
I have recently got limit enhancement on my Amazon Card so any card that you can suggest I can get using C2C basis for LTF or is there any way to upgrade any of these cards to higher variant based on credit limit of my Amazon Credit Card
As you already have Amazon pay. Drop a DM on twitter to icici care and ask them to issue you a Platinum card with the shared limit of Amazon pay card . It's ltf.

sahil1033

TF Premier
if you can disclose, how much was your previous credit limit on Amazon Pay ICICI CC and how much is it now after credit limit enhancement? if not in absolute terms, even in % is fine

there are 2 cards I know of, which one can get via C2C ... since you already hold IDFC First Millennia CC, can't say if you can get another card from them or not but I got IDFC First Wealth CC on the basis of HDFC Regalia CC having 5.5L credit limit and IDFC First Bank matched the same credit limit and gave me Wealth CC with 5.5L credit limit

Another one I tried was AU Zenith via SwipeUp portal, there as well I was getting Zenith CC (LTF) based on HDFC Regalia CC but unfortunately my permanent address, which is also mentioned in Aadhaar didn't come under their serviceable area and my application was rejected. Since you already hold AU Excite Ace CC already, again can't say if you'll be allowed another CC from AU Small Finance Bank or not

I've experience with these 2 credit card issuing organizations only which asked for another bank CC along with limit and were ready to match the offer

binno

TF Premier
RML Group
Hi,

3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
  10. ICICI Coral Rupay
  11. TATA Neu Plus
if u have 150k plus hdfc limit .. request them to make neu plus ltf and then upgrade to infinity

gigachad

TF Premier
Hi,

3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
  10. ICICI Coral Rupay
  11. TATA Neu Plus
Bob snapdeal & Airtel axis..

if you can disclose, how much was your previous credit limit on Amazon Pay ICICI CC and how much is it now after credit limit enhancement? if not in absolute terms, even in % is fine

there are 2 cards I know of, which one can get via C2C ... since you already hold IDFC First Millennia CC, can't say if you can get another card from them or not but I got IDFC First Wealth CC on the basis of HDFC Regalia CC having 5.5L credit limit and IDFC First Bank matched the same credit limit and gave me Wealth CC with 5.5L credit limit

Another one I tried was AU Zenith via SwipeUp portal, there as well I was getting Zenith CC (LTF) based on HDFC Regalia CC but unfortunately my permanent address, which is also mentioned in Aadhaar didn't come under their serviceable area and my application was rejected. Since you already hold AU Excite Ace CC already, again can't say if you'll be allowed another CC from AU Small Finance Bank or not

I've experience with these 2 credit card issuing organizations only which asked for another bank CC along with limit and were ready to match the offer
Initially, the limit was 110,000 and now it's 4,60,000. I don't know if they would be able to provide upgrade based on amazon card. I even wanted to upgrade AU Xcite Ace card not sure what's the process of upgrading the Xcite card variants. Any idea if I can use the limit on Amazon for upgrading card with these bank or getting other card LTF it would be great

if u have 150k plus hdfc limit .. request them to make neu plus ltf and then upgrade to infinity
I have a limit of 1,20,000. I asked RM to convert Neu plus to LTF at least they denied it and said it was available only till August. Anyone who has recently converted Neu Plus to LTF. Can you please share how were you able to do it. I am preferred customer of HDFC Bank but its of no use.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Initially, the limit was 110,000 and now it's 4,60,000. I don't know if they would be able to provide upgrade based on amazon card. I even wanted to upgrade AU Xcite Ace card not sure what's the process of upgrading the Xcite card variants. Any idea if I can use the limit on Amazon for upgrading card with these bank or getting other card LTF it would be great
Wow, that's some crazy credit limit enhancement ... even I got limit enhancement on both ICICI CCs - Amazon Pay & Platinum

For your other query, I guess C2C only works in an easy way while applying for a fresh card. For upgrading CC based on credit limit of another CC, I would depend on how you can negotiate but it's a tough path and I don't know if anyone has been able to achieve this ... in this regard, let's see what others reply

ME_55

TF Buzz
FYI: TL; and Irrelavant

Credit cards mainly to purchase things and we should & must settle before due date provided by respective banks.

- provides credit score (based on our repayment it varies from bad to excellent)
- gives some returns which we don't usually get if we use debit card*

And as per my knowledge, spends for most people* generally,

^ Online
  • Amzn/FK/Myntra
  • Shopping sites (AJIO, TataCliq, Max etc. Gyftr available sites)
  • Food and grocery spends (Swiggy, zomato, BB)
  • Commute apps (Uber, Ola)
  • Bill payments
  • Flight/hotel bookings
  • Other online spends (where you won't swipe the card or might use vouchers available in Gyftr)

^ Offline
  • Grocery/Supermarket
  • Shopping (where vouchers not available or better offers)
  • Dining
  • Other offline spends

And people generally choose the card based on the return they received from these cards
  • Cashback / Vouchers
  • Miles or something help to book their flights and hotels

Also, most of the time*
  • higher fee card doesn't provide much benefits compared to lower fee card (because of return requirement*)
  • fee based cards provide much value compare to LTF cards (because of benefits*)

And having many cards
  • provides more offers (10% instant discount)
  • gives confusion if not maintained properly and headache
  • increases chances to miss the payment (only 1 rule every credit card user IMO should follow that is highlited in bold at the beginning)
  • looses the return or milestones in best card* and reduces its chances to upgrade
  • increases credit score (because CIBIL algorithm)
  • decreases credit score (because CIBIL algorithm)

Before providing an answer to your question, it would be really helpful if you share the following
  • Do you really need 10th card? Can you manage without any trouble (have plan on how not to miss payment)?
  • Which categories you're not getting proper return?
  • How do you spend monthly (categories and apprx. amount)?
Because there are so many cards available in the market and I am not sure which one should you go for without knowing your purpose or anything.

I know its sound against to the most people here but 'you don't have to go for all LTF cards available in the market', what's good it serve if we do not use them especially occasional usage reduces the spend amount in most used card and reduces its milestone or chances to upgrade to higher variant.

If possible, earn something like super-premium cards range (not UHNI), and try to get them as LTF otherwise basic cards LTF without usage, not much useful.

If possible, share above 3 questions someone will help you here with best card (preferably LTF) and if I assume some spends based on 50k monthly salary , you're getting best return with 'Millennia/Cashback/XCite' and it helps you to upgrade their super premium cards if used consistently.

*TnCs (lot of Ifs)
Why you shared this msg link to me ?

chandra.prakash

TF Premier
Hi,

3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
  10. ICICI Coral Rupay
  11. TATA Neu Plus
Upgrade neu plus to neu infinity