• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Plat Travel milestone points

Post number 2 has been selected as best answer.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had recently procured a Plat Travel card via referral. Based on the terms mentioned in the site, one will receive 15K points on 1.9L and 25K points on 4L spends.

I was exploring the Amex app and I came across this tracker. (I have spent about 3K so far)

Screenshot_2023-10-29-22-33-26-33_7ffa40242ada1153d691fec7df42eb44.jpg

This suggests 7.5K and 10K for the two milestones. Bit confused here as to what is the correct MR points.

Van_neuman

TF Buzz
Abhi tum mujhe TF Neo ki bhi guarantee lene lagaoge :mad:
I am new to this community and going through the posts .

Getting to know about these badges that the community has lately .

Being a TF Neo doesn’t mean you are not trust worthy to guarantee.

Thank you and please don’t look someone down just by their badge.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes. IMO the rationale is to save points (and consequently money) from those Amex Users who are not aware of this rule. Moreso, since working individuals usually have a busy schedule, Amex has this "hope against hope" that some of their customers might forget asking for the Reward points altogether which too would save them a lot of money!!

Others please share your POV too..
trust me 20-30% people must definetely forgot. This is like white collar dacoity with sophisticated english

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I will be receiving my first Amex CC Plat Travel soon, have 5 other banks CCs with usage of around 20-30% of the limit on one of them (my main card) and less than that on others. I am planning to use the new Plat travel for tax payment but it is a high amount (>4L) and if the limit on the new card allows it, is it advisable to pay the tax via this card? I am not sure if Amex would decline it and reduce my limit due to a high payment on a new card.

I believe I would not get MR points for it but it would cross the milestone. But then again, I need to check extra charges/GST on a cc payment to see if it's worth it.
Tax portals don't accept Amex credit cards.

For a very small time, Phonepe might start accepting Amex on their app with a slight premium fee.
Keep an eye around the end of the month.