• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paytm Rs4000 Add money method now closed through Zomato, Swiggy etc

Both Paytm and Swiggy have option to add money but now will take to paytm payment gateway, which will have convenience fee for adding with cc

Also it has option to add prepaid/debit/credit

But when you use PayZapp card it says it won't allow prepaid cards. Seems broken.

Screenshot_20230617_104254_Zomato.png Screenshot_20230617_104244_Zomato.png

saucy

TF Ace
Uber for me is specifically blocking Amex payments of over 1000

It's allowing 1500+ payments from icici cc
It's allowing 500 payment from amex

panu24

TF Ace
Mera bhi update nahi hai. Aise bhi woh log ekbar me gateway update nahi karte hai. Kuch weeks ya month me tumhara bhi ho jayega.
@Abhishek012 if you have spare time, can you explain this to me? I wonder if paytm gateway started charging fee now then why old version of zomato, swiggy apps not showing charges? I think in these apps, gateway interface should be same irrespective of old or new version of app. what thing makes this difference?

@Abhishek012 if you have spare time, can you explain this to me? I wonder if paytm gateway started charging fee now then why old version of zomato, swiggy apps not showing charges? I think in these apps, gateway interface should be same irrespective of old or new version of app. what thing makes this difference?

That I know but why same change not for old and new apps of Zomato and swiggy?? What technical thing is there that binds gateway to app specific version?
Idk I haven't tried, but the newer payment gateway only started after update, you can download the old version and try

I know this also. What I am asking what thing makes difference? why not same gateway same charges for all versions of app?
As I said try for yourself, the old one would open add money inside zomato itself, the new one loads and redirects to new payment page of paytm.

panu24

TF Ace
As I said try for yourself, the old one would open add money inside zomato itself, the new one loads and redirects to new payment page of paytm.
I tried older zomato app 17.4.1 version from 31st March but its showing me paytm convenience charges. Not sure then if all versions of zomato now started showing this paytm charges.

vikasbrb

TF Buzz
Now via Uber also paytm started charging convenience fees. So I guess all loopholes got closed. Please let me know if anyway still exists.