• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay UPI merchant via Sodexo Flexi-Benefits Pass

bugmenot

TF Ace
My employer deposits Rs 417/month in Sodexo Flexi-Benefits Pass (previously known as Gift Card) which is issued by IDFC First Bank. It's actually a prepaid card which can be used online or on POS machine. Is it possible to pay UPI merchant via this card?

Being obsessed with credit card cashbacks and point, I don't like to pay via UPI or Debit Card or Prepaid Card. Suggest me the optimized way to use such Sodexo prepaid cards.

bugmenot

TF Ace
Swiggy, Zomato and few Grocery apps & Offline stores. AFAIK, no way to consider this as Cash and can be used only for Food related apps/stores.

FYI, in terms of cashback this one provides you 10%-30% cashback - depends on income slab, no credit card provides this much reward rate.

Note: There are some ways to get as cashback but that eats the tax saving amount and provide no benefit.
I am not asking for Sodexo meal card. I am asking for Sodexo gift card.

Gift card aka multi/flexi benefit card https://www.sodexo.in/solutions/other-benefits/sodexo-multi-benefit-pass/

bugmenot

TF Ace
Thanks Abhishek, that Uber path worked. The gift card is on RuPay network.

Transferred a token amount to Amazon wallet via Uber. It got credited and then transfered via UPI. It gave me an option to enable transfer from wallet.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Thanks Abhishek, that Uber path worked. The gift card is on RuPay network.

Transferred a token amount to Amazon wallet via Uber. It got credited and then transfered via UPI. It gave me an option to enable transfer from wallet.
Great. you can also use same pay for credit card to bank transfer via Amazon wallet UPI or pay credit card to credit card bill pay. Use manually entering your Amazon wallet UPI on Amazon cc bill pay page and accept the payment from Amazon app.

bugmenot

TF Ace
Great. you can also use same pay for credit card to bank transfer via Amazon wallet UPI or pay credit card to credit card bill pay. Use manually entering your Amazon wallet UPI on Amazon cc bill pay page and accept the payment from Amazon app.
If credit card A's bill is paid via credit card B and vice versa, then there will be never an actual payment from bank account and every spend is kind of free? Is it possible?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
This trick is now gone, any other way available to use the balance for cc bill payment or pay via UPI?
Direct Amazon wallet load is not supported your Sodexo RuPay gift card ?

Share your card BIN number (first 6 digit number), i will check.

or you can transfer via Pencilton wallet.

Load to pencilton wallet via Freecharge/OLA wallet and then use Pencilton RuPay card to load money on Amazon wallet via Amazon app.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Bin number is 608368. Directly not supported on amazon pay, paytm or mobikwik.
Directly supported bro, i just checked with this BIN number 608368.

Open your Amazon app >> Amazon wallet add money option >> enter amount >> choose card enter option >> enter your sodexo RuPay gift card details >> enter CVV >> now proceed to pay.