• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Optimizing the Billing Cycles

knight

TF Ace
Most of us hold multiple credit cards with their Billing cycles spread across the month. This causes some stress and makes it harder to manage timely payments.

Though some people use Excel or apps like CRED to track credit card bills, having the due dates spread around is still an inconvenience.

I'm planning to change billing dates on a few of my cards and would love to know how you guys have aligned them to manage cards efficiently.

Currently, my billing dates are 13 - APay, 16 - Primary Card, 25 - Least used, and 30 - Rupay card.

I've seen two popular strategies:
1. Billing all cards at 30, so the bills can be paid off easily when the salary gets credited.
2. Spread out billing dates in 2 clusters, 15 and 30, to ensure the longest interest-free period on spends at any time of the month.

Personally, the length of the interest-free period doesn't matter to me that much, except maybe in emergencies. Peace of mind matters more.

My plan is to align 3 cards in mid-month and leave the least used card at 25 for financial emergencies. I'm open to tips and suggestions if you guys have useful insights/experiences.

How do you manage your billing cycles and ensure all payments are on time?

Also, I've never used HDFC autopay. Can we choose our own date for CC Auto Pay or does it have a default setting?
Does it have any feature that would auto-pay the bill - 'Only If' - I've not already paid it by a certain date? Example. - Auto pay it if there's any outstanding on 30th of the month, but don't do anything if bill is already paid by other apps.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Most of us hold multiple credit cards with their Billing cycles spread across the month. This causes some stress and makes it harder to manage timely payments.

Though some people use Excel or apps like CRED to track credit card bills, having the due dates spread around is still an inconvenience.

I'm planning to change billing dates on a few of my cards and would love to know how you guys have aligned them to manage cards efficiently.

Currently, my billing dates are 13 - APay, 16 - Primary Card, 25 - Least used, and 30 - Rupay card.

I've seen two popular strategies:
1. Billing all cards at 30, so the bills can be paid off easily when the salary gets credited.
2. Spread out billing dates in 2 clusters, 15 and 30, to ensure the longest interest-free period on spends at any time of the month.

Personally, the length of the interest-free period doesn't matter to me that much, except maybe in emergencies. Peace of mind matters more.

My plan is to align 3 cards in mid-month and leave the least used card at 25 for financial emergencies. I'm open to tips and suggestions if you guys have useful insights/experiences.

How do you manage your billing cycles and ensure all payments are on time?

Also, I've never used HDFC autopay. Can we choose our own date for CC Auto Pay or does it have a default setting?
Does it have any feature that would auto-pay the bill - 'Only If' - I've not already paid it by a certain date? Example. - Auto pay it if there's any outstanding on 30th of the month, but don't do anything if bill is already paid by other apps.
Bank give you usually 18-20days pay the bill(due date). So plan accordingly..

Ex- i change my all card bill generate date between 17-20. So my due date is 5-7 in the next month. I usually pay after on 2nd.

For tracking there is lot of options, i personal use paytm.

knight

TF Ace
Bank give you usually 18-20days pay the bill(due date). So plan accordingly..

Ex- i change my all card bill generate date between 17-20. So my due date is 5-7 in the next month. I usually pay after on 2nd.

For tracking there is lot of options, i personal use paytm.
I used to rely on CRED tracking.. but this month both HDFC and ICICI didn't send automatic statement emails.
Which was quite weird, so I decided to optimize dates and not rely on apps and reminders.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Unless you are Credit Card guru who can track everything in Excel, it is beneficial to have all billing dates after 4-5 days of Salary Credit so that you can manage without having to forget paying and screwing up your credit score.