• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Opinion/Feedback about Yes Premia & Yes First Salary account

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
Hello Technofino Community,

What are your views on Yes Premia or Yes First as a salary account at Yes Bank?

To provide some context, I am confused between Yes Bank and HDFC Bank for a salary account, earlier I had a salary account with Citibank and now with HSBC. I don't find HSBC to be any good in terms of rewards.

My salary : > 2L pm but < 3L pm net.

I have a home loan with HDFC but don't hold any savings account or credit cards with HDFC. I have had no relationship with Yes Bank. I was told that if you open a savings account with HDFC, they do reduce the rate of interest of the home loan, and the credit card(HDFC Infinia along with millenia debit card) looks lucrative however I don't want to get into the hassle of trying and retrying and waste time as I have heard getting Infinia requires a lot of persistence. I can do away with Yes MARQUEE credit card which is newly launched.

I basically need a credit card which can be used for international transactions, having less foreign currency markup and the rewards are good(at least more than 1.5%).

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

helloworld

TF Legend
None of them need bank accounts, can easily apply online.

Salary account doesn't provide any benefits in both banks like HSBC or even CITI.

IMO, CITI they didn't give you their premium cards LTF, right? only basic cards like rewards or IndianOil, other than that lowest interest rate, no locker facility because limited branches etc.

Its just lying side and ran till now without any issues ans easy to use app and customer support.

linking salary with credit works only some banks otherwise you can apply normal way without account.

as for your international card recommendation:

Post in thread 'Zero Forex + Reward Points = Net gain card for forex spends' https://www.technofino.in/community...-gain-card-for-forex-spends.20246/post-451027

anyway, I do not understand your post clearly, you need opinion on Yes salary account for credit card to get better benefits than HDFC, which all looks irrelevant and not comparable.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
None of them need bank accounts, can easily apply online.

Salary account doesn't provide any benefits in both banks like HSBC or even CITI.

IMO, CITI they didn't give you their premium cards LTF, right? only basic cards like rewards or IndianOil, other than that lowest interest rate, no locker facility because limited branches etc.

Its just lying side and ran till now without any issues ans easy to use app and customer support.

linking salary with credit works only some banks otherwise you can apply normal way without account.

as for your international card recommendation:

Post in thread 'Zero Forex + Reward Points = Net gain card for forex spends' https://www.technofino.in/community...-gain-card-for-forex-spends.20246/post-451027

anyway, I do not understand your post clearly, you need opinion on Yes salary account for credit card to get better benefits than HDFC, which all looks irrelevant and not comparable.
Thanks for your reply.
No, Citi never gave the premium cards. I had the rewards platinum, which I still have, in order to utilize on some Citi only offers during sale period or on eazydiner.

HSBC premier is SHIT after the first year, because in the first year you do get Taj Epicure membership, but after that, the reward rate is real bad. Only highlight is the 0.99% forex markup and wherever you go internationally, HSBC cards are going to work seamlessly.

I am trying to see if
1. HDFC provides better benefits in terms of decreasing home loan interest, if I add a salary account. Also if I do add a salary account, would it fetch me some of the best credit cards which HDFC has(Infinia, Diner's Club).
2. My concern is, I have heard the customer support at HDFC isn't great. On the contrary, Yes Bank has a better support from the branch at least. Also, it's new Marquee credit card may work for me, because most of the time my expenses go beyond 5L in a year is when I travel abroad.

helloworld

TF Legend
no, hdfc salary alone wont provide theirbsuper premium cards, you need good rapo with BM or RM.

yes cards can be applied without bank account, no salary account needed.

TBH, realistically all are same except like Axis where salary provide ltf card other than that all bank cards can be obtained even ltf without any relationship (some persistance required though).

HDFC salary = Citi Salary = HSBC Salary .. all are more or like same, somewhat HSBC better for premier but that seems not useful to you, otherwise none of them provide LTF cards with salary account only.

Be prepared whatever you got from Citi, getting from HSBC, will get same from these banks.

Salary depend banks for credit card: Axis, Indus try once but support not upto the level you experienced.

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
no, hdfc salary alone wont provide theirbsuper premium cards, you need good rapo with BM or RM.

yes cards can be applied without bank account, no salary account needed.

TBH, realistically all are same except like Axis where salary provide ltf card other than that all bank cards can be obtained even ltf without any relationship (some persistance required though).

HDFC salary = Citi Salary = HSBC Salary .. all are more or like same, somewhat HSBC better for premier but that seems not useful to you, otherwise none of them provide LTF cards with salary account only.

Be prepared whatever you got from Citi, getting from HSBC, will get same from these banks.

Salary depend banks for credit card: Axis, Indus try once but support not upto the level you experienced.
Thanks a ton for this help.

Yes, Axis is too bad in terms of customer support. I am going to compare Axis and InudsInd by branch visits then.

Have a good evening!