• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Online SBI home branch name not changing after CIF transfer

RevEng

TF Premier
Transferred CIF to another branch but onlinesbi still shows the older home branch name.

The home branch is updated in all other places (passbook, e-statement, UPI apps etc)

Trust Me

TF Ace
Transferred CIF to another branch but onlinesbi still shows the older home branch name.

The home branch is updated in all other places (passbook, e-statement, UPI apps etc)

Does it really matter? Obviously in the Bank's records the correct home branch name is already there, so you won't miss out on your home branch entitlements. If it gets updated on netbanking too, well and good. Otherwise just ignore it. There is no point in wasting your time fretting over it.

My Axis Bank monthly statements still show Bangalore as my home branch (from their UTI Bank days)! I had moved out of Bangalore 15 years back! Doesn't make any difference.

TechVin

TF Buzz
Same here. I transferred the SBI CIF to another branch a year ago, but still, the onlinesbi shows the old branch, even in the statement downloaded through it. However, the IFSC code is of the new branch in the statement. Also, on the YONO SBI app, it is correct.
Due to this, I'm facing an issue while opening an FD account via onlinesbi.

amitkumar759875

TF Select
Same here. I transferred the SBI CIF to another branch a year ago, but still, the onlinesbi shows the old branch, even in the statement downloaded through it. However, the IFSC code is of the new branch in the statement. Also, on the YONO SBI app, it is correct.
Due to this, I'm facing an issue while opening an FD account via onlinesbi.
This is the problem with SBI, you have to visit the branch and than write an application, and ask them to transfer the cif but there is a chance that they will say first you have transfer the cif from your old branch to new branch and cannot happen from the new branch, so you would have to visit your old branch, samething happened to me.

TechVin

TF Buzz
This is the problem with SBI, you have to visit the branch and than write an application, and ask them to transfer the cif but there is a chance that they will say first you have transfer the cif from your old branch to new branch and cannot happen from the new branch, so you would have to visit your old branch, samething happened to me.
I already did that.
I transferred my account from old to new branch by visiting old branch in Feb 2023.
After 2 months, onlinesbi still showing old branch. So I visited new branch and discussed with new branch manager in April 2023. He in front of me checked everything and confirmed CIF is transferred and he did some other things too.
I was told it will reflect in onlinesbi in 2-3 days.

Till today it's not happened. Last week my dad visited the same branch for other work (my dad & mom has account in same branch), when he talked about it they asked for me to come again and get it fixed 🙃

Come on, the SBI is slow and lazy 😑, they even want to do Aadhaar KYC to change SBI CC address 🥲 that's not the case with other banks, atleast from my experience with HDFC and ICICI CCs

amitkumar759875

TF Select
I already did that.
I transferred my account from old to new branch by visiting old branch in Feb 2023.
After 2 months, onlinesbi still showing old branch. So I visited new branch and discussed with new branch manager in April 2023. He in front of me checked everything and confirmed CIF is transferred and he did some other things too.
I was told it will reflect in onlinesbi in 2-3 days.

Till today it's not happened. Last week my dad visited the same branch for other work (my dad & mom has account in same branch), when he talked about it they asked for me to come again and get it fixed 🙃

Come on, the SBI is slow and lazy 😑, they even want to do Aadhaar KYC to change SBI CC address 🥲 that's not the case with other banks, atleast from my experience with HDFC and ICICI CCs
Yes, SBI is always branch based, too much offline process, you have to visit home branch too often for small things and that also again and again and visiting branch again and again will lead you encounter the SBI bank employees who think that they are civilized people and the customers are uncivilized.