• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OneCard: Limit Enhancement possibilities and duration for the same?

akshayhs

TF Ace
I was just wondering if anyone with a OneCard has received a limit enhancement on their card, and if they have, how long did it take to get your limit increased?

It can be any financing partner. And also, please share your experience only if you have received an unsecured card.

I am also eligible for OneCard but not sure if it is worth having. The card will be issued in collaboration with CSB and a tentative limit of 11.55 lakhs (up from 10 lakhs couple of months back).

What do you guys think? Should I go ahead with the application? What could be the potential impact on my credit score - long term and short term?

I already hold:
HDFC Infinia (paid; limit of over 10 lakhs)
HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Rupay - LTF (limit is same as above)
Axis Magnus (paid; limit of about 10 lakhs)
Axis Ace (paid; separate limit of ~1.5 lakhs, confirmed by CC team on email) - don't have much use for this but have kept it for 2 reasons: likely to cancel Magnus and want to consolidated credit limit of Axis; currently using it when am not sure about the vendor
SCB Ultimate (paid; limit of about 10 lakhs) - renewal is due in March next year but inclined to keep it as the Visa variant looks great
IDFC Wealth (LTF; limit of over 10 lakhs) - not much use
Kotak PVR (paid; limit of about 8 lakhs) - use it for 10k to get 2 movie tickets of PVR
IndusInd Amex Iconia (LTF; limit of about 2 lakhs)
Yes First Exclusive (LTF; limit of about 4 lakhs)

Last edited:

BRB

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am also eligible for OneCard but not sure if it is worth having. The card will be issued in collaboration with CSB and a tentative limit of 11.55 lakhs (up from 10 lakhs couple of months back).

What do you guys think? Should I go ahead with the application? What could be the potential impact on my credit score - long term and short term?

I already hold:
Axis Ace (paid; separate limit of ~1.5 lakhs, confirmed by CC team on email) - don't have much use for this but have kept it for 2 reasons: likely to cancel Magnus and want to consolidated credit limit of Axis; currently using it when am not sure about the vendor
SCB Ultimate (paid; limit of about 10 lakhs) - renewal is due in March next year but inclined to keep it as the Visa variant looks great
Kotak PVR (paid; limit of about 8 lakhs) - use it for 10k to get 2 movie tickets of PVR
In my opinion, just go ahead and get the card since it is a LTF card. Also you'll be getting a good limit so your overall usage in Cibil would be less. Which in term can increase your cibil in the future. Hopefully*

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend

I already hold:
Tell us on what grounds you are thinking that u should not take this card with LTF with Metal with High limit ?

Tell us on what grounds you are thinking that u should not take this card with LTF with Metal with High limit ?
The only reason I have not yet jumped on that offer is my recent spring cleaning. Over the last 6 months, I downsized my credit card from 16 to 9 credit cards (target was to get it down to 7 cards with Yes and IndusInd on the line and have some cards in my wife's portfolio to complement mine. For instance, SBI, ICICI, etc.). It was getting tough to manage the cards alone and I was scared that I would miss CC payments.

I have now restricted my usage to Infinia, Neu and Ace (not using Magnus after the devaluation. I see no reason to hold it but am waiting for clarity from the Axis Bank for Burgundy customers for point redemption).

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
Federal Bank's OneCard is the worst in terms of LE. My mom and dad have the Fed Bank OneCard and they haven't received any LE since two years. While I have BoB ONECARD and I've got LE twice within one year. Got my Last LE yesterday. IMG_20230930_144215.jpg

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
The worst thing they're not allowing other federal cards as well.
Yes that's the biggest issue. I haven't seen such a policy with any other bank. Even if you have an unsecured loan with them you can't take their credit cards. They won't last long in the market with such policies.
Only neobank tieups like Fi Jupiter and Fintechs like OneCard Scapia are sustaining them. If all these neobanks and fintechs stop issuing Federal Bank cards they will learn their lessons.
Eventually OneCard may discontinue their partnership with Federal like they did with IDFC FIRST if customers keep closing Federal Bank cards.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
If you have one card lite...... You wil get nothing.... No enhancement.... No upgrade to one card unsecured..... I closed my account two days ago..... Due to this after getting confirmation from customer care
I'm in q dilemma whether to close it or not! I may be give it another year and then think about closing it.

Ok I have decided to ask for LE I don't see why I don't deserve an LE
how do I contact them? Through customer support chat that is available on the app? What should I say 🤭

I was just wondering if anyone with a OneCard has received a limit enhancement on their card, and if they have, how long did it take to get your limit increased?

It can be any financing partner. And also, please share your experience only if you have received an unsecured card.
just on 29-09 i have received msg from one card (bob) team for LE from 1.45-2.5L . it took exactly 14M28Days for LE. in my guess what the thing they consider is customer have to do random purchess across all categories which they listed for 5X rewards for a period of 6 months atleast and usage limit upto 90% on total CL.
this is because they wont limit u to struck for 30% UL/TL as they want grow in market rapidly.
I have also 3 CC of Bob OneCard, Select and HPCL
are these select nd hpcl have merged limit or individual limit??

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
just on 29-09 i have received msg from one card (bob) team for LE from 1.45-2.5L . it took exactly 14M28Days for LE. in my guess what the thing they consider is customer have to do random purchess across all categories which they listed for 5X rewards for a period of 6 months atleast and usage limit upto 90% on total CL.
this is because they wont limit u to struck for 30% UL/TL as they want grow in market rapidly.
My friend who is a student barely did one or two transactions max would be 2000 was issued with 15k limit got a le to 50k after 6 months with bob