• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One card transaction Declined - Escalation?

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Last night I was making a purchase over Amazon using one card and my transaction was declined saying suspicious activity.
So I raised a query with support and today I received the response saying that "you are a new customer and you can only utilize 60% of the assigned limit. If you want to spend, we request you to make some payment to release your limit"

In reality, I have been using onecard for 1 year and utilization is 25% only. looking at such a response I would like to escalate this, does anyone know any contact for escalation?

Thinking about closing this card due to shitty policy and responses.

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Seems like typical SBI Cashback experience. They used to block first few transactions on GyfTR and people had to call customer care to unlock, but after couple of incidences it used to be smooth ride. I can understand if they block / cancel transaction for security purpose, by use only 60% limit is odd.

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Seems like typical SBI Cashback experience. They used to block first few transactions on GyfTR and people had to call customer care to unlock, but after couple of incidences it used to be smooth ride. I can understand if they block / cancel transaction for security purpose, by use only 60% limit is odd.
but the utilization is 25% only, then how can it jump to 60% with one transaction of 10k on the limit of 1.5L? pretty bad experience.

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Last night I was making a purchase over Amazon using one card and my transaction was declined saying suspicious activity.
So I raised a query with support and today I received the response saying that "you are a new customer and you can only utilize 60% of the assigned limit. If you want to spend, we request you to make some payment to release your limit"

In reality, I have been using onecard for 1 year and utilization is 25% only. looking at such a response I would like to escalate this, does anyone know any contact for escalation?

It happens with Icici too.

Why close the card when you can get it sorted easily?

I would talk to customer care and say that I am trying to make a transaction of xxxxx Rupees and it is not going through. Please release the limit so that I can complete the transaction.

They will do it for you. Wait time is just 15 minutes or almost instant after they release the limit.

Thanks!!

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It happens with Icici too.

Why close the card when you can get it sorted easily?

I would talk to customer care and say that I am trying to make a transaction of xxxxx Rupees and it is not going through. Please release the limit so that I can complete the transaction.

They will do it for you. Wait time is just 15 minutes or almost instant after they release the limit.

Thanks!!
Agree brother but they didn't release and my second trx also failed even though they said, hence I raised the ticket and got a useless answer with meaningless calculation and policy.

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Agree brother but they didn't release and my second trx also failed even though they said, hence I raised the ticket and got a useless answer with meaningless calculation and policy.
Well, then escalate to Principal Nodal Officer and if he also gives the same answer, escalate to topmost level.

But it all depends on how much energy and time you are willing to put into it.

If you have other options and cards offering the same benefits, then maybe retaining the card is not worth the hassle.

It also varies from person to person and how lucky you get!!

Thanks!!

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Well, then escalate to Principal Nodal Officer and if he also gives the same answer, escalate to topmost level.

But it all depends on how much energy and time you are willing to put into it.

If you have other options and cards offering the same benefits, then maybe retaining the card is not worth the hassle.

It also varies from person to person and how lucky you get!!

Thanks!!
i couldn't find any source which mentioned these details like escalation metrix. They only put 1 call number and 1 email, that why asking here if anyone knows any details about escalation.

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
I don't hold One card, but check the reply from customer care. It should give you the options.

If there is an app, then the app mailbox will show Escalate button.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-07-23-20-02-25_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-07-23-20-02-25_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2023-07-07-23-20-23-36_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-07-23-20-23-36_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 22

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
The customer support for OneCard is literally to the extent one can simply assume they don't exist at all. None of their employees are trained to be customer support reps.
It is the same everywhere sbi, axis, icici and the like.

Hdfc, I would exclude from the above list though.

You have to get pushy with the first level of customer care. Resolution generally comes after escalation so never hesitate to escalate.

:LOL:

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

That's strange. Never faced that till now 😶

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had to face them for disputing mere 99rs. of failed transaction. And then a transaction of around 10k.
Seeing their incompetent nature and tendency to close the tasks in hurry, I decide to close my card whereas this card was the most rewarding card I have ever used based on my daily transactions behaviour.

Just to give a glimpse, even RBI ombudsman complaint didn't help.

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
unfortunately, No such thing in the app.
I had to face them for disputing mere 99rs. of failed transaction. And then a transaction of around 10k.
Seeing their incompetent nature and tendency to close the tasks in hurry, I decide to close my card whereas this card was the most rewarding card I have ever used based on my daily transactions behaviour.

Just to give a glimpse, even RBI ombudsman complaint didn't help.
yeah thinking about closing it. it gives occasional discounts on amazon and swiggy and a few more places. But i can move those trx to Magnus

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
They have one of the most weird and lousy cs.
When my card was generated online it kep sending sms that it’s active for online use, I could not make any transaction.
Cs told me to make payment to be able to use, I said card is new there’s no outstanding or dues. Then said wait a day try another merchant. Same issue.
However, when I recieved the physical card and activated using the qr did it start working. Cs could have informed that the card will be active after verifying address (from the activation qr)

Second time emailed them to change mail id, have to send selfie holding PAN Card 😒
Then they say sorry iCloud is not on our systems please provide any other mail id.

Just retaining it since it’s my first card after few years and looks good. They aren’t even allowing wallet loads.