• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not able to get Amex credit card

tanmeet

TF Buzz
Sorry for the long post. I would be glad if u read it full and give your valuable input.

I have been trying to get an Amex Credit card. I applied for Smart Earn Credit card 3 months ago but got rejected. Then after 3 weeks I applied for MRCC and again got rejected due to income criteria.
Met an Amex agent a few days ago, told him the entire story and he said he would get me the Platinum Travel Credit Card ( I am doubtful because I already got rejected for two lower variants ) and he would get me value of joining fees( i.e. Rs 3500) back in the form of points( which makes sense and can be believed) and also if I happen to pay my bills timely he would also get the annual charges( i.e. Rs 5000) reversed in the statement (I highly doubt him, but he showed all the proofs of annual charges reversed of his two own cards in the statements). Morever, in case, I don't find the Platinum Travel useful, I may call the customer care and get this card downgraded to Smart Earn or MRCC , Now, I want to ask the following questions.

1. Can I really get the Platinum Travel Card after getting rejected for lower variants( i.e Smart Earn and MRCC)

2. In case I get the Platinum Travel Card can I get the annual charges reversed?

3. Does Amex allow downgrade of the cards (like from Platinum Travel to Smart Earn or MRCC)?

4. If the answer to all the questions is NO, then how can I get a basic Amex Card? ( Smart Earn or MRCC)

PS: Necessary details

1.Annual income: 5.33L ( salary + side income). I file ITR of 5.33L

2. Have multiple cards from different banks and have always applied as salaried individual.

3. CIBIL is 776 and have never defaulted ever.

sumeet

TF Buzz
@BestBanker Is there any way to get through unserviceable pin code for amex application. 713203 is my office pin code. 768216 my aadhar pin code. I tried around more than a year ago but couldn't succeed. What can be done

borg

TF Buzz
@BestBanker , i am not able to DM, can you please message me so that i can reply, i am trying to get amex , i have hdfc regalia 11lakh limit, citibank card 9.8, axis atlas ,among others, cibil 793, with 20 year history, had applied through an aiprort lounge agent but got rejected

igormk38

TF Buzz
Hey! @BestBanker I tried applying for AmEx platinum travel card but got rejected. Reason was "After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application."

I applied for first time and it got rejected during KYC as my aadhaar address was different. Second time, I made efforts to correct my aadhaar address and re-apply. I made sure to enter all details correctly but still got rejected. I called customer service and they said that the bank statement pdf format was incorrect and hence it got rejected by the system.

I used a 3rd party website to remove the encryption before uploading to AmEx portal. Is there anything that I have done wrong? They are asking me to wait another 90 days before re-applying. What do I do?

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
Hey! @BestBanker I tried applying for AmEx platinum travel card but got rejected. Reason was "After reviewing your application, it has come to our notice that the details provided in your application do not meet our internal requirements for Card issuance. As a result, we are not able to process your application."

I applied for first time and it got rejected during KYC as my aadhaar address was different. Second time, I made efforts to correct my aadhaar address and re-apply. I made sure to enter all details correctly but still got rejected. I called customer service and they said that the bank statement pdf format was incorrect and hence it got rejected by the system.

I used a 3rd party website to remove the encryption before uploading to AmEx portal. Is there anything that I have done wrong? They are asking me to wait another 90 days before re-applying. What do I do?
Wait for 90 days

Finoash

TF Buzz
Wait for 90 days
Sorry to hijack this comment I am not able to post or get a dm done. @BestBanker could you please dm me I was applying for the mrcc card and have issues with the income eligibility part. Was trying to get this done via referral could you please give some insight as they’ve mentioned if there’s a change in income then they would be happy to review the application as it’s not even processed. Basically the application never got processed so I’m sure you could help me out here. Again sorry for the hijack.

Last edited:

Finoash

TF Buzz
I am not able to get a dm done.
@BestBanker could you please dm me

My application didn’t get processed so thought I’ll ask you before further actions. I was applying for the mrcc card and have issues with the income eligibility part. Was trying to get this done via referral could you please give some insight as they’ve mentioned if there’s a change in income then they would be happy to review the application as it’s not even processed.
Basically the application never got processed so I’m sure you could help me out here. The Mrcc or the plat card either of them is something I could go for.

Attachments

• IMG_3182.png
    IMG_3182.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: