• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No more spam SMS from companies!

Companies which send promotional SMS will have to take your consent before sending you any SMS.

You can now check which companies can/cannot send you an SMS.
20231108_112625.jpg
Earlier, your service provider (eg- Airtel) would not know which companies are allowed to send you a message.

So any random company could send you a promotional message and you could not do anything but get annoyed.
With the implementation of Digital Consent Acquisition (DCA) process, the companies will ask for your consent for any promotional messages.

You will get an SMS with common short code "127xxx" with the company name and other details asking for your consent.
Only upon receiving consent, service provider (eg- Airtel) will allow these companies to send you any further SMS and calls.

You can check all the blocked/unblocked companies from your service provider app.
Yesterday companies from banking, insurance, finance and trading sectors were instructed to onboard the process.

We should expect companies from other sectors to be onboarded by 30th Nov, 2023.

Trust Me

TF Ace

Companies which send promotional SMS will have to take your consent before sending you any SMS.

You can now check which companies can/cannot send you an SMS.

Good news as long as it helps.

The problem is, marketing SMS are only a subset of all spam SMS!

Examples:

1. Jio sends me SMS in 2 languages! One set may or may not be spam, but the duplicate messages in the second language are 100% spam. Their CC claims, they don't have a way to stop them!

2. Informative or "Public awareness" messages once in a while are fine, but repeated too frequently constitute spam in my view. There should be some rule that the same message can't be sent to the same number more than a couple of times within a reasonably long time period.

There are others....

Spam emails are another menace. e.g. Flipkart floods me with marketing emails everyday. Following the "unsubscribe" link tells me that my email address does not exist in their records! -- In order to get even, I stopped buying from them altogether.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
I haven't really explored it, since I didn't want to make my filters independent of the built-in spam filtering. I'm not sure I can specify my own filters on top of the spam filter.
You can.

You can override your filters too, or you can let the Spam filters and your filters run at the same time to your mails too. It's very easy to go through. Have at it once.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is great news if it also involves calls. I used to get 5+ spam calls a day.

After months of reporting in DND and directly to the companies, it has come down to a call once a day every other day

They should really punish the harassment of some of these callers mainly for loans and CC

mukesh01

TF Select
This is great news if it also involves calls. I used to get 5+ spam calls a day.

After months of reporting in DND and directly to the companies, it has come down to a call once a day every other day

They should really punish the harassment of some of these callers mainly for loans and CC
IndiaLends, BankBazaar, PaisaBazaar, Credit Mantri, Bajaj Finance.
See we don't get spam messages from banks, UPI apps.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family

How are you doing that? Reporting? I get calls from private numbers

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How are you doing that? Reporting? I get calls from private numbers
After a while I noticed that with DND app reports you will eventually get rid of most callers.

The problem is the ones calling from private numbers the sketchy agents, that'd be a job only for Truecaller. Even if you report these numbers and their number gets restricted they'll prob call from different numbers. I'm surprised how come they never run out of numbers...

mukesh01

TF Select
Same with me,
I have hundreds of numbers and not a single personal number.
Mostly IndiaLends, Finbud.
Can anyone tell me how to stop FinBud, I have emailed them but that is not working.
I hate automated calls.