• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Niyo Global CC no longer allowing to extend credit by paying extra

bing1309

TF Premier
The card is slowly degrading its status
1. The card comes with Visa infinte and none of the Visa Infinite offers cannot be used
2. The custom amount to pay or add extra money is blocked by the Niyo app to load to an FD-based card their new intention is to make an FD increase where their SBM debit doesn't work internationally. whereas to load this card 3rd party or other banks don't support says invalid credit card only via cred we can pay for this useless card.
3. lounge programs internationally are downgraded by 90% free use in India is removed (the card has been devalued) spend based criteria are induced
4. The app malfunctions a lot for unlocking the app. multiple log outs and spending multiple SMS as charged based to reactivate the app
recommendations for a few more months niyo might hold higger later when other banks and cards take the market as there are good non-FD unsecured credit cards in the market if a real-time money calculator etc added to their portfolio this Niyo won't be of any use (customer support nowadays are useless either they blame the banking partner or other division they are least bothered)

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I
The card is slowly degrading its status
1. The card comes with Visa infinte and none of the Visa Infinite offers cannot be used
2. The custom amount to pay or add extra money is blocked by the Niyo app to load to an FD-based card their new intention is to make an FD increase where their SBM debit doesn't work internationally. whereas to load this card 3rd party or other banks don't support says invalid credit card only via cred we can pay for this useless card.
3. lounge programs internationally are downgraded by 90% free use in India is removed (the card has been devalued) spend based criteria are induced
4. The app malfunctions a lot for unlocking the app. multiple log outs and spending multiple SMS as charged based to reactivate the app
recommendations for a few more months niyo might hold higger later when other banks and cards take the market as there are good non-FD unsecured credit cards in the market if a real-time money calculator etc added to their portfolio this Niyo won't be of any use (customer support nowadays are useless either they blame the banking partner or other division they are least bothered)
Completely agree.i used to rely on thos cc for my international travel. Will switch to rbl signature plus dc from now on. The reason i didnt eant to use dc was to stay away from the rbi Liberalised Remittance Scheme since cc are exception in it (till date)

bing1309

TF Premier
I

Completely agree.i used to rely on thos cc for my international travel. Will switch to rbl signature plus dc from now on. The reason i didnt eant to use dc was to stay away from the rbi Liberalised Remittance Scheme since cc are exception in it (till date)
It's hardly a matter of time LRS scheme will also close for this credit card or else niyo wouldn't have put dcb and other cards to order or shift to other banks in niyo app. best is have a proper visa infinite credit card where forex is 0 or if forex charges are 1% need to have good reward rate card. Either way have to have a proper merchant card (visa, master etc)

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It's hardly a matter of time LRS scheme will also close for this credit card or else niyo wouldn't have put dcb and other cards to order or shift to other banks in niyo app. best is have a proper visa infinite credit card where forex is 0 or if forex charges are 1% need to have good reward rate card. Either way have to have a proper merchant card (visa, master etc)
Ya.. had applied for rbl world safari cc, but those idiots have put it on hold for no reason. Have been following up, still no response from them