• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I applied for cashback card 2 weeks back...now i see ..that my card is rejected due to internal policies....what to do now?
do u have ny other sbi card..whats ur cibil while applying...also any other cards....how many verification calls u received...applied as self employed or salaried...?????

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
for all people who confused about verification calls.. let me clear one thing
call from landline no starting with 120 is the most important one..

sbi agents will call from normal numbers for scheduling kyc and all
till now i received calls from 5 multiple agents.. some are genuie others looks like fraud type as they are asking me details like they are applying again so i cut their call..
agents will call you regarding your application and for scheduling kyc.. don't worry if you miss the call.. call them back, also mostly one agent is assaigned for one person but sometimes some other agents will also try to contact you like in my case..

krishc

TF Ace
Learning new things about SBI cards everyday. Seeing all the mess I've decided to wait till October before I give this card a shot. I already hold Aurum and Prime with them 😁
same here
will wait longer till November
this mess will take a lot of time to stabilize

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Received my virtual card yesterday. Had applied on the 10th Sep. through sprint. Physical KYC took place on the 13th and the two telephonic verification happened 2-3 days after that. The limit assigned is good enough and the physical card should be delivered sometime next week. Also yesterday itself got a call from their sales team for an annual card protection plan worth Rs 2499 which I politely refused.
My question to SBI card users - has anyone of you used NACH mandate for automatic credit card monthly bill payment? How many days prior to the due date does the auto debit takes place? Is it reliable for us to sit back and relax and let the NACH clear all the dues?
auto debit kicks in on the last day of your due date. Yes, it's reliable but I suggest not to go for it. Sometimes it leads to duplication of payment if you pay within 5 days before the due date and if auto-debit is not honored then they charge penalty of around Rs 600

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
auto debit kicks in on the last day of your due date. Yes, it's reliable but I suggest not to go for it. Sometimes it leads to duplication of payment if you pay within 5 days before the due date and if auto-debit is not honored then they charge penalty of around Rs 600
Depends on the auto debit mode selected if someone's comfortable with due date -3 days i think it's perfectly fine

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Does SBI do KYC twice? Physical kyc already done on 13.09.22. Status is showing KYC scheduled and got sms too.
No... If u have the number of person who came for kyc.. Call him... He might not have updated or misplaced the form.... They are in heavy load currently... That is why its advisable to push for vkyc and esign of form... I pushed for it and got it done.

Saul Goodman

TF Select
I applied for Cashback card on 3rd Sept. 1 physical KYC and 3 times tele KYC was done. 4th time they called for asking how much limit should they move from my existing SBI BPCL card to this new card. Then I came to know that my card got approved, but no SMS or email confirmation yet. Website is still showing - "Your SBI Card Application is in progress. We will get back to you soon."

UPDATE: I have received a SMS now that my card is dispatched. And a Cashback card number is also showing in the android app. 🕺:)

Last edited:

Vishnu

TF Select
Hi,

I was interested in this credit card and to get higher limit I applied for the card via branch as applying on your own through SBI sprint gets you low initial credit limit.

However, the problem is SBI’s application software used by both agents and the bank’s staff is not updated with the latest card’s information as of now, so they won't be able to help you regarding the same.

Today I received confirmation call from SBI’s central office and I even tried asking them whether they have the option to change my card to SBI Cashback credit card as the bank had applied for a simply save credit card on my behalf to process the application, even they didn't have such an option in their software and I was informed that the software is yet to be updated incorporating the new card.

So, people who want to immediately obtain the card my apply on their own by visiting the SBI cards website.

This post is just for information purpose, I shall provide an update if I get the card changed as my application is now again forwarded to the branch.

kskds

TF Buzz
I believe that they are purposely delaying the approval process due to the upcoming Amazon sale. They will save a lot if not too many people are able to use the card offers during the sale as the volume will be higher. Also, one thing I have noticed, I have started to receive so many spam calls post I have applied for the Cash Back card, even though I have DND enabled. I believe the agents must be shared the number to multiple people. Anyone else facing the same?

rteja26

TF Buzz
I had a SBI Simply save card,but after devaluation and i getting other cards, I find it difficult to spend the yearly amount to get fee waiver. So i asked them for fee waiver which they refused. Later i asked them to flip to SBI cashback card which they refused. So i lastly asked them to flip into another basic card, SBI BPCL card which they have refused again!! Any idea as to what could be the issue or should i escalate?
Call them and say you wanna close the card, as some other bank is offering. You better card and you won't be using the card.

They'll try to convince you to keep using and waive off your annual fees.

I did it, not intentionally but they made my irctc premium & prime card lifetime free.
Like they debit your fees but then you can call again and say your card was made life te free, they'll credit back.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How many verifications do they do? It feels like there is no end to it. So far, there's been two verification calls, physical KYC, address verification, and 11 working days msg. Please tell me I am at least halfway through the process.

I know there is still at least one call left from the Head office. (starting with 120) as someone pointed out, yet to get that one, but besides that, are there any more steps involved?

rjsudeep

TF Premier
I believe that they are purposely delaying the approval process due to the upcoming Amazon sale. They will save a lot if not too many people are able to use the card offers during the sale as the volume will be higher. Also, one thing I have noticed, I have started to receive so many spam calls post I have applied for the Cash Back card, even though I have DND enabled. I believe the agents must be shared the number to multiple people. Anyone else facing the same?

Yes, I've been getting around 8-10 calls a day asking about Personal Loans and EMI and what not. Most of them from SBI, a few others from ICICI and HDFC. Such a pain!