• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Cashback SBI card launched!

pjain2712

TF Premier
Last edited:
I think sbi cb card was in inclusion list from beginning for amazon GIF. Even many offline sbi cards offers are not applicable to that card. But if sbi is reverting the 5% cashback, which is a basic feature of that card then it's certainly a big issue.
There are several threads in DD mentioning the reversal of CB used during the sale in Amazon and Flikart
According to their notice, "Reward Points accrued on transactions eligible for Instant Discount and Cashback offers will be forfeited, for offers as per Program T&C. Reward Points will be forfeited for all transactions done during offer period and considered for Offer computation. In case cardholder does not have adequate Reward Points balance at the time of forfeiture, an amount equal to the deficit in the Reward Points will be debited from the card account. T&C"

This means we cannot use it anyplace where a discount is provided, that makes all the GVs in Gyftr comes under this purview. I hope they don't revert the cashback for that too..!

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There are several threads in DD mentioning the reversal of CB used during the sale in Amazon and Flikart
According to their notice, "Reward Points accrued on transactions eligible for Instant Discount and Cashback offers will be forfeited, for offers as per Program T&C. Reward Points will be forfeited for all transactions done during offer period and considered for Offer computation. In case cardholder does not have adequate Reward Points balance at the time of forfeiture, an amount equal to the deficit in the Reward Points will be debited from the card account. T&C"

This means we cannot use it anyplace where a discount is provided, that makes all the GVs in Gyftr comes under this purview. I hope they don't revert the cashback for that too..!
No the reversal is observed only for the orders where they got both - instant discount and cashback. If that's not the case then there is no reversal.

Those who got 1% cashback and instant discount are not affected.

Those who only got 5% cashback and no instant discount are not affected either.

No the reversal is observed only for the orders where they got both - instant discount and cashback. If that's not the case then there is no reversal.

Gyftr gives instant discount and we get 5% CB as well, so, it means there will be reversal for this too?

Strange

TF Legend

They reversed my cashback for Amazon order placed in September month.

Although I got 10% instant discount on this order. So, It doesn't matter.

H2O

TF Premier
I am in need of 20K amazon vouchers, I can't directly buy from amazon as it's not showing cashback cc at the checkout, Is any other site where I can avail 5% cashback for amazon vouchers?

bugmenot

TF Ace
I am in need of 20K amazon vouchers, I can't directly buy from amazon as it's not showing cashback cc at the checkout, Is any other site where I can avail 5% cashback for amazon vouchers?

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
Just proceed with caution using SBI cashback card on Gyftr. It gets blocked on proceeding with transaction and only a few have managed to get the gv after getting it unblocked. Mine got blocked twice and after that never tried gyftr. Nothing to scare you..it can be unblocked but just unnecessary hassle.

• Sad
Reactions: H2O

H2O

TF Premier
Just proceed with caution using SBI cashback card on Gyftr. It gets blocked on proceeding with transaction and only a few have managed to get the gv after getting it unblocked. Mine got blocked twice and after that never tried gyftr. Nothing to scare you..it can be unblocked but just unnecessary hassle.
Man, that's still scary. :LOL:

Pujaari

TF Premier
Contributor
I have had quite a few issues with gift cards/gv recently so bit wary.. first got blocked on gyftr and without waiting for 24 hrs after getting it unblocked tried again to hv it blocked again😂..I guess should have waited for 24hrs before attempting the 2nd time as suggested.
Then after getting it unblocked I thought of buying swiggy coupons at a discount on Amazon, and there the money got deducted and the coupon codes never arrived on my mail. Waited for a few days to attempt another time on amazon and same thing happened...still the issue is unresolved and ₹1500 down.(though am sure eventually will get a refund from amazon)...got to know later that swiggy gift card on Amazon are through gyftr!😡..no wonder.
The adventurous me tried Flipkart this time around to get swiggy coupons at a discount and to my delight got ₹100 coupon successfully!(at 95 plus the cashback)...tried to stretch my luck and almost immediately tried to buy another coupon(₹1000 one) only to get the card blocked yet again!...so only first time around it gets blocked is not a certainty..it can still get blocked the second time around..I guess should have waited for the second order or have just ordered one of a higher amount.
Next tried zingoy and card got blocked again...Neve tried for anymore gv post that🙏😂...quite happy n content with 5% cashback the card provides🙂

Last edited: