• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Amazon Pay Fastag linked to Amazon Pay account

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So if I summarise,
  1. In old version, you can recharge fastag via 3rd party and amount goes to ICICI wallet and not amazon wallet
  2. In the new version, need some clarity:
    1. Recharge not possible via 3rd party websites?
    2. What if recharge is done via netc.vehiclenumber@icici? This mode has to work in my opinion. If it works, where will the amount go? Apay wallet UPI?

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I mapped the Amazon ICICI FASTAG on HPpay, received msg for successful mapping of FASTag, but not sure how to proceed with paying the fuel.

VHARIA

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I mapped the Amazon ICICI FASTAG on HPpay, received msg for successful mapping of FASTag, but not sure how to proceed with paying the fuel.
You have to scan the HP Pay QR and then select Fastag as payment option

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah Scanned HP Pay QR, it shows HP Pay wallet, Paytm Wallet & Zillion coins as payment option. No Fastag.
Then I think you have new version of fastag. It uses Amazon Pay GV balance for fastag payments but does not get used for Fuel payments.

Earlier version of fastag was not using Amazon pay GV balance, but was usable for Fuel payments since it was mapped to ICICI wallet

Check Faq here

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 3.59.09 PM.png

Ravindra

TF Buzz
I have used the new version of Amazon Pay Fastag today. I had balance in gift cards and added some money to my wallet as well. Toll deducted from gift cards instead of wallet. I suppose the logic is the same, use whatever is expiring first. Good 7-8% off using DCB.

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have used the new version of Amazon Pay Fastag today. I had balance in gift cards and added some money to my wallet as well. Toll deducted from gift cards instead of wallet. I suppose the logic is the same, use whatever is expiring first. Good 7-8% off using DCB.
The fastag comes with a customer ID as well & that links to E-toll App, can you try loading e-toll wallet & see if fuel payment works?

Ravindra

TF Buzz
The fastag comes with a customer ID as well & that links to E-toll App, can you try loading e-toll wallet & see if fuel payment works?
My Fastag does not work with the e-toll app. It says KYC pending and does not show security deposit as well. I am happy that I don't have to deal with ICICI bank.

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Newer tag doesn't support fuel payment. Etoll app is useless for latest tag
Amazon FAQ says fuel payments not supported as of now, hoping this means it will get enabled in near future given using same ICICI bank.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you want to use for fuel, take ICICI tag via ICICI link. If you want to use only for Fastag then new Amazon pay tag is better

Although fuel expenses are far more than Toll expenses. So take the tag that benefits the most to you based on recharge cashbacks and usage

If using Tag for fuel payments frequently, then taking ICICI tag is better

pinki

TF Ace
The fastag is being provided for free via rewards so watch out for it

NOTE: Fastag charges of 99.12 were reverted. 200 is deposit.
Screenshot from 2024-04-28 00-15-21.png Screenshot from 2024-04-28 00-16-03.png
I dont have any icici fastag against my car, but still its throwing an error, that i am already having icici tag. 😐

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.