• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

KrisFlyer Miles Need suggestions for planning a trip to Australia in Oct 2023

explorer_972

TF Buzz
My parents are planning on visiting a relative in Brisbane in Oct 2023 and coming back in Dec 2023. Our dates are flexible, so planning to book award flights. I have ~1.25L in Axis ER, ~1.85L in Club Vistara, 20k in Marriot Bonvoy points, and ~60k in Amex Points. Will also receive ~1L more edge rewards in the coming couple of months.
I am looking to book business flights, though okay with economy if can't find a good deals on miles.

So far I have found that a Singapore Airline business flight from Delhi to Brisbane costs ~1.85L KF miles round trip per pax. But Delhi to Perth is ~1.39L, we can do another round trip flight from Perth to Brisbane for ~20K saving ~25K per person. Is there something I am missing here?
For economy round trip cost is 85K miles for Brisbane and 65k for Perth, which seems more in the budget considering my edge rewards at the moment.

Qatar Airways seem to have similar rates and are running 30% bonus offer as well but their flights are much longer due to a stop in Doha.

I also checked other programs but I am new to international flight booking through miles so unable to find a better deal. Please let me know if there is a better way for us to book these flights using some other program or through some bonus offers.

Last edited:

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
My parents are planning on visiting a relative in Brisbane in Oct 2023 and coming back in Dec 2023. Our dates are flexible, so planning to book award flights. I have ~1.25L in Axis ER, ~1.85L in Club Vistara, 20k in Marriot Bonvoy points, and ~60k in Amex Points. Will also receive ~1L more edge rewards in the coming couple of months.
I am looking to book business flights, though okay with economy if can't find a good deals on miles.

So far I have found that a Singapore Airline business flight from Delhi to Brisbane costs ~1.85L KF miles round trip per pax. But Delhi to Perth is ~1.39L, we can do another round trip flight from Perth to Brisbane for ~20K saving ~25K per person. Is there something I am missing here?
For economy round trip cost is 85K miles for Brisbane and 65k for Perth, which seems more in the budget considering my edge rewards at the moment.

Qatar Airways seem to have similar rates and are running 30% bonus offer as well but their flights are much longer due to a stop in Doha.

I also checked other programs but I am new to international flight booking through miles so unable to find a better deal. Please let me know if there is a better way for us to book these flights using some other program or through some bonus offers.
If you don't mind the hassle, you could book your SIN-AUS leg through SE program. And find a round-trip flight from IND-SIN. But considering you are booking for your parents, it wouldn't be such a good idea

explorer_972

TF Buzz
If you don't mind the hassle, you could book your SIN-AUS leg through SE program. And find a round-trip flight from IND-SIN. But considering you are booking for your parents, it wouldn't be such a good idea
Thanks for the response. In general my parents are savvy so changing flights etc won't be that much hassle.
What's SE program?(please excuse my ignorance)

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
This will warrant a Singapore Visa even if his parents have onward ticket. Avoid giving such suggestions of booking separate flights without considering Visa Rules.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
This will warrant a Singapore Visa even if his parents have onward ticket. Avoid giving such suggestions of booking separate flights without considering Visa Rules.
I know. I said it would be a hassle. I would've suggested a halt in Singapore if the OP was okay with this. But I guess I should specify that splitting itineraries would have visa implications.

Last edited:

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace

I guess ANA offers the best value. But it's up to you how you want to transfer your points for that.

alphapiper

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
afaik, SE tickets can be booked only 1 month prior, and availability could be an issue at that point. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also looking to book tickets for 2 to Australia from Blr in Sept (dates are flexible). I have ~2L points on HDFC and ~30k points on AMEX.
I'm new to the airmiles game, so don't know a lot here. Would like to know what all loyalty programs should i enrol in advance (and buy memberships for) for both flights and stays.
Thanks in advance :)

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Thanks for the suggestion. How can I transfer miles to ANA? And what is the surcharge / booking fee?
You can transfer from MB. The ratio is 3:1 though. I urge you to first go through ANA's Award redemption page and see if you are getting a good deal. Finding Singapore Airlines flights(through ANA) to redeem your award seats will be worthwhile. Otherwise, the tax can be on the higher side.

alphapiper

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I'm seeing Thai airways flight with 45k redemption. 90k for 2.
MB conversion seems poor, anyway to transfer for a star alliance partner and book through it or transfer from there?

Namans

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Can you explain when visa becomes mandatory and when it is not required? I’m confused and would like to learn the intricacies for future bookings

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

If you think you can save by flying your parents to Perth vs Brisbane, you may want to consider Etihad and Singapore Miles on Virgin Australia for domestic travel.

They potentially are a good deal.

S&M

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Can you explain when visa becomes mandatory and when it is not required? I’m confused and would like to learn the intricacies for future bookings
There is no simple way. Each Country has their own set of rules.

Visit TIMATIC Website and try different travel combinations.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
afaik, SE tickets can be booked only 1 month prior, and availability could be an issue at that point. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also looking to book tickets for 2 to Australia from Blr in Sept (dates are flexible). I have ~2L points on HDFC and ~30k points on AMEX.
I'm new to the airmiles game, so don't know a lot here. Would like to know what all loyalty programs should i enrol in advance (and buy memberships for) for both flights and stays.
Thanks in advance :)
Can you update on this? How did u book ur flight and hotels?