• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Suggestions for Credit Cards Closure

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
Well, I am new to this community but not to the community world. So, first of all, my greetings to everyone.

Coming to the point, I have the following credit cards which were pre-approved and sent to my address upon video kyc verification. Income proof wasn't even asked once. Though, I have ITR of previous 5 years.

As of 29/11/2022, I have

SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card : Limit - 2.4L, Age - 1 Y 6 M, Paid (annual fees reversal easily achieved)
BPCL SBI Credit Card : Limit - 34K, Age - 6 M, Paid (annual fees reversal easily achieved)
IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card : Limit - 22K, Age - 1 Y 11 M, Paid
Federal Bank OneCard Credit Card : Limit - 1.8L, Age - 1 Y 2M, LTF
RBL Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card : Limit - 96K (shared with DUET), Age - 6 M, LTF
RBL Bank Paisabazaar Duet Credit Card : Age - 2 M, LTF
Kotak League Platinum Credit Card : Approved, will be dispatched in 3-5 days. LTF

I first got IRCTC SBI CC with 1.2L limit. Then after a few months, I was offered a limit increase along with an additional SimplyCLICK CC. So, while getting SimplyCLICK CC, I kept IRCTC SBI CC limit at 22K because I was shifting all my spends to SimplyCLICK CC. Meanwhile, I also got OneCard CC. 6 Months ago, I was again offered a limit increase along with BPCL SBI CC. I took the card for its welcome benefits offered for me (Rs.1000 Amazon Gift Voucher + 2000 reward points).

Now, its renewal time for the IRCTC SBI CC. So, I would like to close it because I already have 2 other SBI credit cards. Also, the rewards IRCTC SBI CC provides has no use for me. If I close this card, will the limit gets transferred to one of the other cards? And also what about credit age? Effect on CIBIL?

Should I close BPCL SBI CC too? BPCL SBI CC gives slightly better rewards at departmental stores than SimplyCLICK CC.

Also, need suggestions on Zomato CC. Now, it has zero value for me after devaluation. Swiggy gives more discounts on OneCard/SBI CC/Federal CC etc. Even Zomato have offers on OneCard/SBI CC/Federal CC etc. Although, Zomato CC is LTF for me. Anyhow I have LTF Duet CC from RBL that gives direct 1% unlimited cashback (not capped at 250 anymore) in statement.

I am planning to apply for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card, Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card and one from HDFC as well in coming month(s). Any suggestion will be of much helpful.

Patil007

TF Ace
Well, I am new to this community but not to the community world. So, first of all, my greetings to everyone.

Coming to the point, I have the following credit cards which were pre-approved and sent to my address upon video kyc verification. Income proof wasn't even asked once. Though, I have ITR of previous 5 years.

As of 29/11/2022, I have

SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card : Limit - 2.4L, Age - 1 Y 6 M, Paid (annual fees reversal easily achieved)
BPCL SBI Credit Card : Limit - 34K, Age - 6 M, Paid (annual fees reversal easily achieved)
RBL Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card : Limit - 96K (shared with DUET), Age - 6 M, LTF
Kotak League Platinum Credit Card : Approved, will be dispatched in 3-5 days. LTF

I first got IRCTC SBI CC with 1.2L limit. Then after a few months, I was offered a limit increase along with an additional SimplyCLICK CC. So, while getting SimplyCLICK CC, I kept IRCTC SBI CC limit at 22K because I was shifting all my spends to SimplyCLICK CC. Meanwhile, I also got OneCard CC. 6 Months ago, I was again offered a limit increase along with BPCL SBI CC. I took the card for its welcome benefits offered for me (Rs.1000 Amazon Gift Voucher + 2000 reward points).

Now, its renewal time for the IRCTC SBI CC. So, I would like to close it because I already have 2 other SBI credit cards. Also, the rewards IRCTC SBI CC provides has no use for me. If I close this card, will the limit gets transferred to one of the other cards? And also what about credit age? Effect on CIBIL?

Should I close BPCL SBI CC too? BPCL SBI CC gives slightly better rewards at departmental stores than SimplyCLICK CC.

Also, need suggestions on Zomato CC. Now, it has zero value for me after devaluation. Swiggy gives more discounts on OneCard/SBI CC/Federal CC etc. Even Zomato have offers on OneCard/SBI CC/Federal CC etc. Although, Zomato CC is LTF for me. Anyhow I have LTF Duet CC from RBL that gives direct 1% unlimited cashback (not capped at 250 anymore) in statement.

I am planning to apply for Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card, Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card and one from HDFC as well in coming month(s). Any suggestion will be of much helpful.
Are you getting 10% instant discount during online offer on SBI BPCL card?

Patil007

TF Ace

As of 29/11/2022, I have

You have Three SBI cards.

If you just want instant discount then keep BPCL only close rest.

If you are planning to take APay, Flipkart and HDFC millennia then close SBI cards. Keep one only.

Patil007

TF Ace

As of 29/11/2022, I have

You have two RBL cards, So if Zomato is no use then close it and keep other card for RBL instant discount offer.

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
Are you getting 10% instant discount during online offer on SBI BPCL card?
Never used BPCL for 10% instant discount. I use SimplyCLICK for instant discounts and online spends. Specially on Amazon and Apollo Pharmacy. 10x reward points.

If you are planning to take APay, Flipkart and HDFC millennia then close SBI cards. Keep one only.
BPCL gives better reward points compared to SimplyCLICK only on groceries and departmental stores. BPCL is better in online spends too? Correct me if I am wrong.
You have two RBL cards, So if Zomato is no use then close it and keep other card for RBL instant discount offer.
Thanks. Was considering the same.

Patil007

TF Ace
Never used BPCL for 10% instant discount. I use SimplyCLICK for instant discounts and online spends. Specially on Amazon and Apollo Pharmacy. 10x reward points.

BPCL gives better reward points compared to SimplyCLICK only on groceries and departmental stores. BPCL is better in online spends too? Correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks. Was considering the same.
BPCL not for regular online spend. For regular online spend Simply click is better.

You need good card for offline department, grocery spend then take SBI Simply Save card. It is good.

Close BPCL then.

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
BPCL not for regular online spend. For regular online spend Simply click is better.

You need good card for offline department, grocery spend then take SBI Simply Save card. It is good.

Close BPCL then.
I was also hoping for simplysave. Got BPCL instead. Will close all SBI cards once I get pre-approved cashback credit card.

Bhaskar

TF Premier

As of 29/11/2022, I have

After how many months you got LE in IRCTC card? I also got it 3 months ago. When can i expect LE?