• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help regarding SBI Credit Card Upgrade

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Hi Guys,
I am holding SBI BPCL Credit Card and trying to upgrade it to SBI BPCL Octane Credit Card. First I wrote to Customer care through interaction option in SBI Cards and they said, I am eligible for upgrade and they have initiated upgrade request from their end.
2 cibil hits and 2 weeks later, I got a response stating that upgrade request is denied and If I want octane, I can apply afresh.
Escalated to nodal officer and PNO, and got the same response. Got the same response to the twitter thread.
Note: this is the only SBI card I am holding. Also, I know these bpcl and bpcl octane cards are pain in the *** when it comes to both collecting points and redeeming and sometimes makes you go crazy. But after lot of research I found a pump to fuel for points very close to home and another to redeem. Note redeeming pump is 25kms away and I can redeem whenever I go these for some work, so it isn't an issue. And both can stop working anytime. So I am not sure whether this is all worth it. But that's fight for another day.

Coming back to card upgrade, the way I see it i have 2 choices now.
1. Apply for BPCL Octane afresh - I think they will reject the application as I am already holding BPCL card. Cust Care, Nodal officer and pno, all are asking me to take this route, but I think it will result in another unwanted cibil hit only. Am I right here?
2. Close the BPCL card, wait for cool off period and then apply for octane few months later. This is what I am leaning towards. Anyone know what is the cooling off period.

Can experts here suggest the best approach among these 2 choices I have?

Tejo

TF Legend
2. Close the BPCL card, wait for cool off period and then apply for octane few months later. This is what I am leaning towards. Anyone know what is the cooling off period.
I think you have already predicted what to do ....

SBI simply will prove second card, But somemight seeing your bpcl can reject bpcl octane.