• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Expert Advice on Club Marriott + Accor Plus + ITC + Bonvoy

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear Friends,

As you can see from the subject line, I got these through AXIS RESERVE.
All the 3 memberships got activated yesterday.

I also have an FYF HDFC INFINIA card that comes with Club Marriott but I have not activated it yet.

I have accumulated 1.5L & 1L Edge Points in my and my wife's account respectively.

Please advise me on the following:

1. What to do with the spare Club Marriott Membership (HDFC INFINIA)?
  2. I am a noob when it comes to Hotel Memberships. How to maximize the benefit. Any online resource will be of great help.
  3. Club Marriott is asking for a Favourite hotel. I don't have a Marriott in my city. so if I pick a random hotel can I change it later?
  4. Club Marriott and Marriott Bonvoy ... any additional benefit when u have both?
  5. Marriott Bonvoy - How book Award rooms with breakfast?
  6. Best way to transfer Edge Points to Hotel Partners?
  7. Can I transfer Egde Point from my wife's axis account to my bonvoy or ITC account?
  8. Anything else I should know before transferring points for my upcoming Domestic Trip? (Want to burn some points and experience 5-star stay)

Sorry for such a long query ....

Regards,
Avijeet

RajBlr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear Friends,

I also have an FYF HDFC INFINIA card that comes with Club Marriott but I have not activated it yet.

I have accumulated 1.5L & 1L Edge Points in my and my wife's account respectively.

2. I am a noob when it comes to Hotel Memberships. How to maximize the benefit. Any online resource will be of great help.
  3. Club Marriott is asking for a Favourite hotel. I don't have a Marriott in my city. so if I pick a random hotel can I change it later?
  4. Club Marriott and Marriott Bonvoy ... any additional benefit when u have both?
  7. Can I transfer Egde Point from my wife's axis account to my bonvoy or ITC account?
  8. Anything else I should know before transferring points for my upcoming Domestic Trip? (Want to burn some points and experience 5-star stay)

Regards,
Avijeet
@Tejas @Subhankar @TechnoFino - Please help

Adding the admin + experts, though multiple threads are there which talks on Macro, he is looking for Micro of the listed stuff.

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear Friends,

Regards,
Avijeet
This is a very long question. No one has answered yet, so I shall give you a glimpse of some of the answers you want to have.
1 & 4 Club Marriott membership & Marriott Bonvoy membership are different. Its better to have both of them. Point accruals and redemptions are via Bonvoy. Also for Club Marriott memberships, you get a couple of vouchers that you can use to your benefit- (Some of them are celebration table, Room upgrades and Happy stay over).
2. Best way to learn about hotel memberships is to use google. What I know I learnt online reading a lot of stuff. Some of the high-end places people would love to redeem points for Bonvoy would be Over Water villa places in Maldives.
3. I was able to change them in the app. It's just to make that hotel your default on the app sign in page (at least what I have seen till date)
5. Marriott Bonvoy Platinum elite and titanium status is typically required for free breakfast. Otherwise they charge you. There are some hotels which gives complimentary b/f (but rare)
6. IME, the better ones will be ITC and Bonvoy. But you should know ITC hotels can also booked via Bonvoy program. Some ITC hotels will benefit better through Bonvoy (For example: check this out- https://www.marriott.com/offers/roo...y-collection-hotel-chennai?propertycode=maalc). Also if you want to transfer points to Bonvoy, you can take the route through ITC since you will get more points.
7. It is against the TnC to transfer from your Axis ER account to someone else's account. If they close your account and confiscate your miles, it may not be worth the risk. You can transfer to your own Marriott Bonvoy or ITC account from your Axis ER account, and then transfer it to your wife's Marriott Bonvoy or ITC account. This is allowed as per TnC ( See the following links- https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22159 ; https://www.clubitc.in/cmspage.aspx...an transfer,Member accounts per calendar year.)
8. Always have a redemption in mind before you transfer your points.

Also, to each their own. A redemption worth to you may not be worth my time (and vice versa).

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@churn Thanks a ton
I missed the Accor part. So I shall add the following too. The accor plus with Reserve gives you nights that you can use in Asia pacific, but HDFC is a transfer partner for Accor. IME, Accor has some interesting properties in Europe. But irrespective of the location you can redeem Accor points for a fixed rate- Every 2000 Reward points = €40

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
You can call me though or dm I have played around hotels and airlines for a long time, Don't have time to write a long post as this is very complex and deep.

To tell you how people maximize it .
In Maldives, there is a villa that cost $6000 USD per night it's called something Retiz Fairy Island.
Whereas on point it costs 92 Minimum in off-peak

If you want to figure out how you can get maximum value
6000*100/92000= 6.52 cents that's an insane value.

We consider Marriot as 0.8 Cent.

Last edited:

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Dear Friends,

Regards,
Avijeet

1. Nothing. Ignore & Move On. If you are not a regular @ Marriott Properties, then the Club Marriott Membership that comes with HDFC Infinia is of no use.

2. FlyerTalk, ThePointsGuy, UpgradedPoints, OneMileAtATime and many others. Google is your best Research place.

3. That's a Paid Program you are referring too. The Favourite hotel is where you would get your free night & some other complimentary things' vouchers. Again, no point going for a paid Club Marriott Membership if you are not a regular traveler or not into Marriott Properties.

4. Club Marriott is a Paid Membership Program. Marriott Bonvoy is a Loyalty Program free for all to register. You earn Points in the latter as you stay in Marriott Properties. These points can later be redeemed for free stays, food etc.

5. Not Possible. MB Redemption Stays are always Room only. You need to be Platinum Status or Above for Guaranteed Complimentary Breakfast

6. Marriott Bonvoy, ITC & IHG are the options. Best one depends on your requirements.

7. No. Card Account & Loyalty Accounts needs to be on the same name.

8. That would depend on what you are redeeming for & how.

pate

TF Select
I missed the Accor part. So I shall add the following too. The accor plus with Reserve gives you nights that you can use in Asia pacific, but HDFC is a transfer partner for Accor. IME, Accor has some interesting properties in Europe. But irrespective of the location you can redeem Accor points for a fixed rate- Every 2000 Reward points = €40
Can I redeem points against all my expenses towards stay, dining, spa etc in India @ the same 40 euro rate?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you are staying, charge everything to the room and pay with points. You should get that value. There was a DP of someone who tried to redeem points on just dining (he wasn’t staying) and the point value was halved.

pate

TF Select
Anyone has an experience of booking MyGlass package with Accor hotels along with the status? What's all does it include?

pate

TF Select
If you are staying, charge everything to the room and pay with points. You should get that value. There was a DP of someone who tried to redeem points on just dining (he wasn’t staying) and the point value was halved.
Do we earn points of we pay via points? 😉

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For 5 nights in Goa, which is a good option, for a descent 4 star property? ITC or Marriot bonvoy ? Which will give more value per ponts? I think marriot gives 5th night free but no free breakfast

pate

TF Select
On accor app, it's only allowing me to redeem 70% of room cost to redeem via points. Is there a limit only online or at the check out time as well?

If I have paid for 5 nights marriot booking completely using points , do I need to pay tax extra at hotel ? or taxes is 0 if we pay fully by points.. I heard taxes are 0 when we pay fully by points .. but I also see below .. is this generic statement for those who pay by money ?"
Room rate excludes goods and services tax of 12 pct on rates INR 7500 or below and 18 pct on rates INR 7501 and above."​

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
If I have paid for 5 nights marriot booking completely using points , do I need to pay tax extra at hotel ? or taxes is 0 if we pay fully by points.. I heard taxes are 0 when we pay fully by points .. but I also see below .. is this generic statement for those who pay by money ?"
Room rate excludes goods and services tax of 12 pct on rates INR 7500 or below and 18 pct on rates INR 7501 and above."​
App shows tax but at property when booked fully with points there was no tax charged since they won’t bill.
It’s my experience with a courtyard in January