• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My experience of closing idfc select card and applying for wealth card - A big fail converted to success

RockyBond

TF Premier
So I closed my Idfc select card having 1,80,000 limit as Idfc didn't upgrade it to wealth.

Closed wealth card 2 weeks ago. Today applied on idfc portal two times using a different number.

1. First time
Put real monthly income as 1,40,000 and existing card of amex limit 6,30,000.
Showed I am eligible for select card of limit 3,00,000. Cancelled the application.

2. Second time
After 30 mins again applied on portal. This time put higher monthly income of 8,00,000 and didn't select existing card option. Showed i am eligible for select card again but this time less limit of 2,22,000. Again cancelled the application.

Seems wealth card not in my luck even after having amex with 6.3 lakhs limit.

What am I doing wrong?

Update :-
3. Third time

With lot of thinking I thought of trying again. This time I put monthly income of 4,00,000 and selected existing card of amex limit 6,30,000 . And guess what Idfc showed wealth card with limit of 10,00,000. Just now did video kyc and waiting for approval/rejection

Final update 29th January :-
Application approved without any home or office verification.

From failure to success. What a journey 😂 IMG_20240129_142229.jpg

Last edited:

kartikk

TF Buzz
It's not about salary. They are analysing many factors such as cibil , previous history, highest variant of cards hold and limit and many more
Hmm yes But they should've atleast suggested Millenia 😑as I am eligible for Sbi elite and hdfc regalia and many more. Cibil is 783. The only thing bad is Sbi SimplySave credit card which I got preapproved with 92000 limit highest limit yet trying to get Sbi elite but they are not agreeing for ltf . Also Sbi is not agreeing for limit increase.

techt

TF Legend
@S S V @Tensor @RockyBond
What is the chance of idfc office verification.
Heard it does for many .
Unlike sbi ,kotak ,yes bank etc
They didn't do any verification for me. Just vkyc. Are you planning to apply for this too?
Bw GIF

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
99% no verification is needed.. but why do you want this card..
If you wait for 6 months, you can get Wealth CC mostly ..
Nah just agent girl spamming call from so many numbers .whatspp
I guess i m done applying this season.
Will apply in march april
Till then m happy .going back to hard-core studying..

See you Soon
@S S V @techt @varun__goel_ @#aniket 🙂
If i have break-up expect me soon else will come in march 😅

#aniket

TF Ace
Nah just agent girl spamming call from so many numbers .whatspp
I guess i m done applying this season.
Will apply in march april
Till then m happy .going back to hard-core studying..

See you Soon
@S S V @techt @varun__goel_ @#aniket 🙂
If i have break-up expect me soon else will come in march 😅
WoW 😳 such a bold decision, anyway respect your decision bro. Wish you all the best, come on DM, have to ask sth personal.