• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My AU Bank LIT Credit Card to AU Bank Zenith Credit Card Upgrade Journey

trixter

TF Buzz
In December last year I applied for AU LIT credit card, at that time I didn't know about the LTF offering on employeer list here. I applied through Swipe-Up program, as my existing card limit was 5L they matched it and I got AU Lit Credit card with 5L limit.

Just after applying I saw the post here in which it was stated that AU gives LTF credit cards to Gov employees and Certain MNC employees (post link above).

I called CC and asked about upgrade, they denied it back then.

After Six months of card issuence i.e. 1 month back I called then again and raised a request for upgrade to Zenith. The CC Guy said that Zenith has charges 7999 + gst, I said I work in a company in your LTF list, he asked for the company name. told me to send an email containing my employee ID as attachment and he has raised a request for card upgrade aswell.

After a week I called them again they said they have not recieved any request, raised a request again and told me that they will revert back in 1 week. After this I forgot about it for a while.
Then after 2 more weeks I called them again and my tone was a little angry. I told them I have already raised request multiple times and you guys always say that after 1 week I will get a resolution but nothing happens. This time he gave me a SR(Service Request) number and again said within 1 week my upgrade will be done.

After 7-8 days I recieved an SMS WhatsApp Image 2023-07-22 at 8.08.00 PM.jpeg

And next day the Beast Arrived.
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-22 at 8.09.43 PM.jpeg

P.S. I know it's not a great card but as it is issued LTF to me it is a beast. I can use it for Bank offers, Lounge access and Visa Infinite.

Sreebhargava

TF Buzz
I am eligible for zenith + with 5.6 lakh limit but my company doesnt fall under LTF category i guess, any way to get it LTF I tried applying online and gave all the details and in card selection i am eligible for Zenith +, vetta and LIT.

Sreebhargava

TF Buzz
You can buy Amazon GV of 5K with the 5000 welcome rewards points. But then you will have to pay joining fees of 4999 + 900 (GST)
They are saying I will get gift points immediately, through which i can buy a gift card. I have too many credit cards and most of them are LTF and mostly entry level, so looking for premium cards and is it worth to take. please advice

thegame

TF Premier
for Grocery/Dining/Offline/Online - LIT is the best not only among AU but overall if your spends are around 7500-10k per month as you can easily net 8.5% CB with the respective features on OR HSBC CB card if its Grocery/Dining/Food Delivery spends are 10k per month which would fetch 9% CB after 1k+GST renewal charges if total spends per year are below 2L

Last edited:

sjmajumder

TF Ace
for Grocery/Dining/Offline/Online - LIT is the best not only among AU but overall if your spends are around 7500-10k per month as you can easily net 8.5% CB with the respective features on OR HSBC CB card if its Grocery/Dining/Food Delivery spends are 10k per month which would fetch 9% CB after 1k+GST renewal charges if total spends per year are below 2L

I prefer using IndusInd DC for 20% discount in Bigbasket, Axis Airtel for food delivery - 10% cashback, for dining - card specific offers in EazyDiner/DineOut/Zomato.

Only reason I use Lit is for 500 per month cash back. Use it to pay kids school fees. Normally get some free money in wallet like 79/99 from time to time which I use to activate the feature by paying the rest.

techt

TF Legend
1RP = Re. 1.00
  • 20 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done on Dining at standalone restaurants.
  • 10 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done on International transactions, Grocery and Departmental stores.
  • 5 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done across other merchant categories.
  • 1 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done on BBPS and Utility & Telecom categories.
So does the above mean, 20%, 10%, 5%, 1% respectively in terms of cashback ?

sjmajumder

TF Ace
  • 20 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done on Dining at standalone restaurants.
  • 10 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done on International transactions, Grocery and Departmental stores.
  • 5 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done across other merchant categories.
  • 1 Reward Points per INR 100 retail spends done on BBPS and Utility & Telecom categories.
Sorry you asked for Zenith. I thought you asked for Zenith+...My Bad

Zenith 1RP=Re 0.25

sjmajumder

TF Ace

See below thread for difference between Zenith and Zenith+

ccent

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Not sure why there was so much fuss in your case. I wrote to them, got a call back within 24 hours. They said Zenith + is not offered LTF any other card I am free to chose. I said, I just activated 500 cashback for 3 months on my AU LIT, can I have both cards? To that they said no and asked me to write back whenever I am ready for the upgrade.
even my card got upgraded recently (Vetta to Zenith). checked my cibil report today and observed that there are 2 active accounts of AU SFB. ideally it should be only 1 as the existing card was upgraded. surprised to see both the accounts (Vetta and Zenith) active in Cibil report. is it the same in your case?
or they will get the older account (Vetta) removed after some time? thanks

sjmajumder

TF Ace
even my card got upgraded recently (Vetta to Zenith). checked my cibil report today and observed that there are 2 active accounts of AU SFB. ideally it should be only 1 as the existing card was upgraded. surprised to see both the accounts (Vetta and Zenith) active in Cibil report. is it the same in your case?
or they will get the older account (Vetta) removed after some time? thanks
In my case only Lit is showing till now. Vetta is not shown yet.

How did you get upgrade to Zenith as they clearly told me Zenith is available only through swipe up.

ccent

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
In my case only Lit is showing till now. Vetta is not shown yet.

How did you get upgrade to Zenith as they clearly told me Zenith is available only through swipe up.
in my case both the accounts are visible as active. regarding upgrade:

i have AU Royale account > asked for upgrade from Vetta to Zenith LTF > request got rejected > placed request for closure of Royale account with existing Vetta card > retention team offered Zenith