• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus My 1st Metal Credit Card

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
MAJOR UPDATE

The story continues....
Read on to know more on the updates.

As you guys might already know before opening this thread. Yes, its my 1st metal credit card. And Magnus.

I know I am a little late in this game. And after the recent devalue of this card, I was going to skip it. But the thought of owning my 1st metal card was too much, so I went ahead and got it.

This is a paid card, so nothing new that everybody have not seen before. I just want to share the news and some unboxing pix with my fellow TFians.

I applied on 30th Nov 23. I already own axis airtel cc, so the process was easy and quick. Within 3 to 4 min, the virtual card was showing in my account. Its on Mastercard World platform.

As of today 3rd Dec 23, I got the card in my hand, with the Priority Pass card as well.

I have read all about this card for sometime now. But I would request fellow magnus card users, to let me know some tips on using this card efficiently. Like, best ways to max earn reward points, and best ways to max redeem the points as well.

Thank you for reading !
Here are some unboxing pics.

Attachments

• 20231203_121005.jpg
    20231203_121005.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 20231203_121238.jpg
    20231203_121238.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 346
  • 20231203_121358.jpg
    20231203_121358.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got this email today

"
At the outset, kindly accept our sincere gratitude for the time taken and efforts made by you, in sharing your concerns with us.

Please be informed, we had initiated request vide reference number "XXXXXXXX" the same has been closed by stating as follows, we apologize for the inconvenience caused from our service regarding print error. However, please note that while applying for the card the you had consented and agreed to pay Rs. 12.5k Joining fee and annual fee for Magnus card.

"

gg123

TF Premier
Got this email today

"
At the outset, kindly accept our sincere gratitude for the time taken and efforts made by you, in sharing your concerns with us.

Please be informed, we had initiated request vide reference number "XXXXXXXX" the same has been closed by stating as follows, we apologize for the inconvenience caused from our service regarding print error. However, please note that while applying for the card the you had consented and agreed to pay Rs. 12.5k Joining fee and annual fee for Magnus card.

"
Makes sense.
When the time of application.
You'll get the application submitted text message with 12.5K + GST joining fee and 12.5K + GST renewal fee. I think that should be followed.
but hey RBI ombudsman can help you get it LTF. most likely

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got this email today

"

You emailed Pno ?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Discussed this with BM, and SM CC, (both were surprised) and decided to let this go. As I am going out of country this month. No time for me to pursue the burgundy acc either.

Got the above email from nodal.desk.

Ombudsman..dont really want to go that way. It will take time. And yes, I did accept to pay both the joining and annual fees.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got this email today

"

"
Why did you say you saw a 12.5k annual fee while applying?
for my case, I am still waiting for their reply. I am not in the mood to take it as a printing mistake. They gave me something in writing and now they cannot back out whether it's a printing mistake or not.

Last edited:

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
for my case, I am still waiting for their reply. I am not in the mood to take it as a printing mistake. They gave me something in writing and now they can back out whether it's a printing mistake or not.
Wow so u got LTF Magnus sir?

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
for my case, I am still waiting for their reply. I am not in the mood to take it as a printing mistake. They gave me something in writing and now they cannot back out whether it's a printing mistake or not.
I didnt say anything. They can see the application form. I tick on accept TnCs.

My BM was surprised. Told me to email again and say that I want to close my card. I said No - I want this card, thats why I got it.

And I dont think axis cares. They may close my card if I ask for it LOL.

I think they said printing error to few others here in TF as well. And now me. So they might do the same with you. What's your next step if they said the same to you ?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I think they said printing error to few others here in TF as well. And now me. So they might do the same with you. What's your next step if they said the same to you ?
One template is this before further escalation:

Dear [Bank Representative's Name],

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to address an inconsistency I have encountered regarding the fees associated with my Axis Magnus Credit Card (Card Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx).

Upon applying for this credit card, I was informed of a joining fee of INR 12,500. However, I recently received my welcome letter, which clearly states that while the joining fee is INR 12,500, the annual charges are waived (0 INR). This was a pleasant surprise and a significant factor in my decision to continue using this card.

However, I am now being informed by your team that this was a printing error and that annual fees are applicable. I must express my concern and disappointment regarding this discrepancy. As the welcome letter is an official document provided by Axis Bank, it holds considerable weight in outlining the terms of my credit card agreement.

In light of this, I kindly request that Axis Bank honors the terms as stated in the welcome letter. It is crucial for a financial institution of your repute to maintain trust and transparency with its customers. I believe that adhering to the commitments made in official correspondence is a fundamental aspect of customer service and trust.

I am hoping for an amicable resolution to this situation and am willing to discuss this further if needed. Please let me know how we can proceed to ensure that the terms outlined in the welcome letter are respected.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]

H2O

TF Premier
Just a small question, how many days it will take for the card to appear in the app after receiving the mails/sms for updation of email and phone number details.

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
One template is this before further escalation:
The bank will copy paste the same email -

----
You will reply with your copy paste template again ? They will not listen. If they get annoyed, they will close your card, and account etc, and might barred you have any banking relation with them (which they have 100% permission to do so, as you accept THEIR TnCs).

Then what ?

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The bank will copy paste the same email -

----
You will reply with your copy paste template again ? They will not listen. If they get annoyed, they will close your card, and account etc, and might barred you have any banking relation with them (which they have 100% permission to do so, as you accept THEIR TnCs).

Then what ?
I guess you are overprotective for magnus maybe because it's your first metal card. Nothing will happen. Do mail and threat them to complain to RBI and surely you'll get it ltf.