• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MRCC Milestone Dates?

arjun697

TF Premier
I received my Amex MRCC today (The last card for the trifecta after Plat Travel and Gold).
As the card was activated today on the 30th of November, should I finish off the milestones today for November (5k*4 Amazon Pay) with the hope of milestone benefit per month? Or would it anyway be clubbed as part of December month.

helloworld

TF Legend
What is the reward rate for doing 1500 X 4 transaction with reward points of 1000 ? I mean 0.30 paisa or more ?

Unless you're spending absolutely excluded category, based on your query, I suggest apply/use 'SBI CB' will give 5% for online spends.

MRCC benefits with some of the below categories:
- fuel
- offline spends
- online utilities on direct websites not like amzn or pytm.

Otherwise as mentioned by @4uziaul its 0.25p or more and you have to worry 1MR value, best way to extract most value, devaluation etc.

as of today, sure way 0.37p, so you'll get around 6.9% for 1500x4 on 18k MR points.

Last edited:

nickee007

TF Buzz
Unless you're spending absolutely excluded category, based on your query, I suggest apply/use 'SBI CB' will give 5% for online spends.

MRCC benefits with some of the below categories:
- fuel
- offline spends
- online utilities on direct websites not like amzn or pytm.

Otherwise as mentioned by @4uziaul its 0.25p or more and you have to worry 1MR value, best way to extract most value, devaluation etc.

as of today, sure way 0.37p, so you'll get around 6.9% for 1500x4.

I think there is not reward points for Fuel and utilities.

helloworld

TF Legend
I think there is not reward points for Fuel and utilities.

AMEX cards are meant to be milestone benefits. Without rewards, when you spend on these cards with milestones you'll get ~6%+.

Sometimes milestone cards are better for different purposes where you should focus on milestone benefits not regular rewards.

Last edited:

nickee007

TF Buzz
AMEX cards are meant to be milestone benefits. Without rewards, when you spend on these categories you'll get ~6%+.

Sometimes milestone cards are better for different purposes where you should focus on milestone benefits not regular rewards.

Spends are considered for milestones for MRCC and Platinum Travel but no MR is recieved for it.
But in case of Gold Charge we get 2 MR points for every 100 spent in fuel and utilities as well.

Reactions: SSV

helloworld

TF Legend
Spends are considered for milestones for MRCC and Platinum Travel but no MR is recieved for it.
But in case of Gold Charge we get 2 MR points for every 100 spent in fuel and utilities as well.

Even if you receive MR that is only 0.7%+* extra and as mentioned AMEX cards are meant to achieve milestone, without it you won't get much value.

Yes, MRCC and Plat Travel - 0 MR but same if you achieve milestone you'll get ~6%+*

Same with Gold card, here along milestone benefits you'll get 0.7%+* as regular rewards which unlike other bank cards you shouldn't focus much on AMEX. In AMEX, if you can't achieve milestone your reward rate only 0.7%+* and not recommended to take that card..

* reward value varies based on redemption.
--------

My point is focus less on regular MR and more on milestone benefits. Based on that pick a good AMEX card suits for you.

Btw, ~6%+ means "around 6% and above" depends on redemption amzn voucher to Taj voucher.

Last edited:

nickee007

TF Buzz
Even if you receive MR that is only 0.7%+* and as mentioned AMEX cards are meant to achieve milestone, without it you won't get much value.

Yes, MRCC and Plat Travel - 0 MR but same if you achieve milestone you'll get ~6%+*

Same with Gold card, here along milestone benefits you'll get 0.7%+* as regular rewards which unlike other bank cards you shouldn't focus much on AMEX. In AMEX, if you can't achieve milestone your reward rate only 0.7%+* and not recommended to take that card..

* reward value varies based on redemption.
--------

My point is focus less on regular MR and more on milestone benefits. Based on that pick a good AMEX card suits for you.
MRCC Math
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I spend 1500x4 = 6000 I get 1000 MR points
If this is spent on Reward multiplier I get 4 MR point for every 100, So its 60x4 which is 480

in total I get 1480 every month and 1480x12 yearly, 17760 MR for the spend of 6000x12, i.e 72000/-

If every MR is to be taken as 0.30 paisa value I am getting 5328 value out of 72000 spends which is around 7.40% return and it comes out to be more if instead of .30 paisa I take it as 0.50 paisa
If every MR is to be taken as 0.50 paisa (In case of Taj vouchers) value I am getting 8880 value out of 72000 spends which is around 12.33% return

Rate of return increases for 18k 24k gold collection

This is the best case and return reduces if I dont spend it on reward multiplier.

nickee007

TF Buzz
Platinum travel Math
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I spend 4L I get 40000 MR points
If this is spent on Reward multiplier I get 6 MR point for every 100, So its 4000x6 which is 24000

In total I get 64000 MR for the spend of 400000/-
Plus 10k Taj voucher (lets take value of taj voucher as 20k MR points as we did for MRCC)

Then final MR we get is 84000 MR for spends of 4L

I still think :
17760 MR for the spend of 72000/-, is better then
84000 MR for spends of 4L

@helloworld

helloworld

TF Legend
Platinum travel Math
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I spend 4L I get 40000 MR points
If this is spent on Reward multiplier I get 6 MR point for every 100, So its 4000x6 which is 24000

In total I get 64000 MR for the spend of 400000/-
Plus 10k Taj voucher (lets take value of taj voucher as 20k MR points as we did for MRCC)

Then final MR we get is 84000 MR for spends of 4L

I still think :
17760 MR for the spend of 72000/-, is better then
84000 MR for spends of 4L

@helloworld

https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/whats-your-gold-charge-retention-offer.14690/

https://www.technofino.in/community...-travel-vs-amex-gold-charge.19065/post-403324

https://www.technofino.in/community...vel-card-best-ways-to-spend.10632/post-412405

Thanks. I just gave lowest possible reward rate that anyone can get with MRCC.

Last edited:
MRCC Math
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I spend 1500x4 = 6000 I get 1000 MR points
If this is spent on Reward multiplier I get 4 MR point for every 100, So its 60x4 which is 480

in total I get 1480 every month and 1480x12 yearly, 17760 MR for the spend of 6000x12, i.e 72000/-

If every MR is to be taken as 0.30 paisa value I am getting 5328 value out of 72000 spends which is around 7.40% return and it comes out to be more if instead of .30 paisa I take it as 0.50 paisa
If every MR is to be taken as 0.50 paisa (In case of Taj vouchers) value I am getting 8880 value out of 72000 spends which is around 12.33% return

Rate of return increases for 18k 24k gold collection

This is the best case and return reduces if I dont spend it on reward multiplier.
Can I purchase Amazon Gift card to complete 1500 X 4 transaction criteria for MRCC? If yes, then directly from Amazon or any other portal?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

ak1423

TF Select
Yep! All correct itself. I got 1000 points for the 4*1500 from card activated on Nov 30th towards Nov milestone and another 1000 points on Dec 2 towards Dec milestone for another 4*1500. Another 14k more this week will cover for the 20k bonus.
So without 20k spend offer getting activated. These 4× 1500 don't count towards total spend/ 20k spend?

arjun697

TF Premier
Yep! All correct itself. I got 1000 points for the 4*1500 from card activated on Nov 30th towards Nov milestone and another 1000 points on Dec 2 towards Dec milestone for another 4*1500. Another 14k more this week will cover for the 20k bonus.
Another update. I completed the 20k for December around 12th and reached out to customer care to enquire why this isn't credited. So I enrolled on Nov 30th but as per their systems this got accepted only on Dec 4th. So I got the points for 4x1500 Dec 2nd milestones but after Dec 4th my spends on MRCC was 8500 only. So 21k spend this month but only 8500 counted towards 20k milestone. So guess its better to always wait out for confirmation that 20k enrollement is activated.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Another update. I completed the 20k for December around 12th and reached out to customer care to enquire why this isn't credited. So I enrolled on Nov 30th but as per their systems this got accepted only on Dec 4th. So I got the points for 4x1500 Dec 2nd milestones but after Dec 4th my spends on MRCC was 8500 only. So 21k spend this month but only 8500 counted towards 20k milestone. So guess its better to always wait out for confirmation that 20k enrollement is activated.
It takes generally 3 working days after the enrolment to become effective.. after those 3 days we can confirm the same with CC and start spending