• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MCC for Airbnb bookings

CP24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Right. This is all we get in the otp sms and on this payment screen. Difficult to differentiate solely on the basis of OTP.

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
IMG-20230730-WA0002.jpg
Something on the lines of this.
The merchant acc gets reflected here
Yeah understood, I thought you had something specific to Airbnb. Here they are writing Airbnb.

In my experience all the payments through adyen gateway comes under hotel, but I don't see that gateway anymore

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yeah understood, I thought you had something specific to Airbnb. Here they are writing Airbnb.

In my experience all the payments through adyen gateway comes under hotel, but I don't see that gateway anymore
dont know axis might have changed this specific to airbnb maybe.
but usually this is where you get to know the merchant acc name which would help you

It's a hit-and-miss even on the app. I got 5EMs for some and 2EMs for others. All these transactions were through the app. It's like taking a chance with Atlas.
Checking in on this - was a solution found to decipher 5 v/s 2 EM at the booking stage? I will be making some reservations in Sep for a future trip, and had the exact same question as I usually opt for Airbnb v/s hotels in Europe. Thanks!

It appears that now Airbnb is only allowing booking in INR if the cards selected is India. So Reserve card option disappears and Atlas (whether at 2 per 100 or 5 per 100) is the best option left.

Sure. I have already raised a complaint with Axis. But we all know how Axis operates, so I am not expecting much from that complaint.

I'll use the app for my next booking. Like you mentioned, the payment gateway might be the difference.

By the way, MCC for my airbnb transaction was 4722 which is for travel agencies and tour operators.
Are you aware of the MCC for your airbnb transactions?
Did you hear back from Axis regarding being awarded 2EM?
I did 1 transaction from website and 1 from app, and both fetched me 2EM.

CP24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you hear back from Axis regarding being awarded 2EM?
I did 1 transaction from website and 1 from app, and both fetched me 2EM.
No, they closed the complaint saying the MCC wasn't eligible for 5EMs.
Airbnb is a hit-and-miss with Atlas, more miss than hit. I would suggest to avoid using Atlas or not expect 5EMs if used for Airbnb transactions.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have got to known that Airbnb has two MCC'S one is for Hotel and other is for an online travel agent.

WWWAIRBNBCOM,GURGAON,IN - This one fetches 5% miles and its a hotel MCC

Airbnb Payments India PVT,GURGAON,IN- This one fetches 2% miles and its a online travel agent MCC.

I haven't been able to decode how to identify when which mcc is being used while paying because nowadays all the payments just show the Airbnb as merchants name in the payment gateway

In past all the transactions done on adyen gateway (can't see this gateway anymore) fetched 5% miles.
sadly for me it was india mrcc :( for indian booking via website