• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Maintaining high MAB in Salary Account

rogerthat

TF Ace
Hi all,
I was wondering if there's any benefit of maintaining high MAB in Salary account. Would banks (HDFC) consider high MAB in salary accounts to offer better benefits/cards etc.?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi all,
I was wondering if there's any benefit of maintaining high MAB in Salary account. Would banks (HDFC) consider high MAB in salary accounts to offer better benefits/cards etc.?
No o
Better manage high mab in another account for benefits.
What benefits u r looking will decide the next hni banks

Don't put all your eggs in one basket

Salary account is enough to get u everything in hdfc

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi all,
For salary accounts, MAB doesn't matter much. If you have a high salary, some banks, for example Axis/HSBC/SBI offer you premium credit and debit cards and HNI Banking services without the need of parking funds with them.

rogerthat

TF Ace
No o
Better manage high mab in another account for benefits.
What benefits u r looking will decide the next hni banks

Don't put all your eggs in one basket

Salary account is enough to get u everything in hdfc
Nah, HDFC doesn't give shit. Have a salary account with them with 1.5L monthly credit and buggers don't even waive off debit card fees (Platinum card). RM only want me to give them stuff and when I ask for something it's like "sorry that's not possible".

Infinia of course. I spend easily more than the required 7.5L per 6 months but not on any HDFC cards. Don't want to miss out on benefits by being stuck spending money using useless Regalia Gold. In fact I recently closed both my HDFC cards (Regalia Gold and Tata Neu Infinity) because they are absolute shit when it comes to returns.

shan

TF Buzz
Nah, HDFC doesn't give shit. Have a salary account with them with 1.5L monthly credit and buggers don't even waive off debit card fees (Platinum card). RM only want me to give them stuff and when I ask for something it's like "sorry that's not possible".

Infinia of course. I spend easily more than the required 7.5L per 6 months but not on any HDFC cards. Don't want to miss out on benefits by being stuck spending money using useless Regalia Gold. In fact I recently closed both my HDFC cards (Regalia Gold and Tata Neu Infinity) because they are absolute shit when it comes to returns.
Your RM is fooling you. For 1.5 monthly credit, you will be definitely part of classic program. And there is no annual debit card charges for platinum debit card. Check whether you are part of classic program or not.

_amit_

TF Premier
At 1.5, you should have Preferred which has nil AMC for debit card as I remember.

Regarding RM, they are same everywhere. Better to connect with corporate RM or BM for any needs.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Your RM is fooling you. For 1.5 monthly credit, you will be definitely part of classic program. And there is no annual debit card charges for platinum debit card. Check whether you are part of classic program or not.
Nope, just regular salary account. RM had never mentioned or suggested Classic program. I think this is because it is a HNI branch full of ultra-rich customers (think politicians, film stars, senior bureaucrats et al) so she can't be bothered with small fry like me.

I think I better shift my branch to a more "aam aadmi" location.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Salary acc is 0 balance for a reason, Banks dont give a shit to it :D if you like the bank services, better open a new savings account with them and transfer money there

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Nope, just regular salary account. RM had never mentioned or suggested Classic program. I think this is because it is a HNI branch full of ultra-rich customers (think politicians, film stars, senior bureaucrats et al) so she can't be bothered with small fry like me.

Go to branch & tell them to send consent for classic / preferred program
They will do that .if they don't complaint on Twitter with rough language because that's what they understand

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I guess you didn't convert you account to salary account. Simply salary being credited doesn't make it salary account, you have to change account type by giving your consent for it.

Check Eligibility Criteria for Preferred Banking in India at HDFC Bank

If you see the criteria here, you are eligible for preferred banking, go to the bank and submit the upgrade form. If your company name pops up in their database they will do it without a question.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I guess you didn't convert you account to salary account. Simply salary being credited doesn't make it salary account, you have to change account type by giving your consent for it.

Check Eligibility Criteria for Preferred Banking in India at HDFC Bank

If you see the criteria here, you are eligible for preferred banking, go to the bank and submit the upgrade form. If your company name pops up in their database they will do it without a question.
T r u e .

cardy

TF Ace
You have to ask what you want bro.
And make sure it's written.
Write an email to customer care. Your RM or BM will surely call you. Visit branch and have premium banking facilities.

My branch peoples were saying that these premium banking programs are not running now.
One mail
and they were crying like cat , sir please come to the branch it will be processed on priority basis sir.

ronakshah

TF Premier
I have imperia banking relationship with hdfc but its not that great. I don't see any benefit except for getting free locker facility which I'm still unable to get it. Rm only calls for selling ulips or similar products.