• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus chargining rent fee on society maintenance and electricity bil payments through nobrokerhood app

HOME_CARDER

TF Select
Hello Everyone ! This month while trying to meet my magnus milestone, I decided to pay my flat's ELECTRICITY BILL of Rs 3000 and QUARTERLY SOCIETY MAINTENANCE of Rs 18,000 through NOBROKERHOOD APP using Magnus card.

However to my utter disbelief both the transactions have been charged a rent fee along with GST, which means both the transaction won't be eligible for milestone benefits or receive edge points. I do have the receipts of the electricity and society maintenance bill to prove that the transactions aren't related to rent payment.

However I wonder who should I contact for support, axis card support or Nobrokerhood support. Also will it be worth mailing axis support team with the payment receipts.

If anyone of you has faced such a problem, kindly let me me know what's the best way to resolve it.

( P.S. My society has a tie-up with NOBROKERHOOD APP because of which the flat's electricity and maintenance bill payment can be done only through NOBROKERHOOD app. )

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone ! This month while trying to meet my magnus milestone, I decided to pay my flat's ELECTRICITY BILL of Rs 3000 and QUARTERLY SOCIETY MAINTENANCE of Rs 18,000 through NOBROKERHOOD APP using Magnus card.

However to my utter disbelief both the transactions have been charged a rent fee along with GST, which means both the transaction won't be eligible for milestone benefits or receive edge points. I do have the receipts of the electricity and society maintenance bill to prove that the transactions aren't related to rent payment.

However I wonder who should I contact for support, axis card support or Nobrokerhood support. Also will it be worth mailing axis support team with the payment receipts.

If anyone of you has faced such a problem, kindly let me me know what's the best way to resolve it.

( P.S. My society has a tie-up with NOBROKERHOOD APP because of which the flat's electricity and maintenance bill payment can be done only through NOBROKERHOOD app. )

You can't do anything. Axis classifies on the basis of MCC. NoBrokerHood has an MCC that translates to "Rent and allied services". So it is treated as "Rent"

phildunphy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I mean what is wrong in this? Axis sent multiple notices about this, here in this forum people spoke about this in length.

dileep

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Did any one received edge rewards for rent transaction of March below 5th transactions raised complaint with axis 10 days back they r still processing.

HOME_CARDER

TF Select
I mean what is wrong in this? Axis sent multiple notices about this, here in this forum people spoke about this in length.
As per the notice rent and wallet payments won't be eligible for milestone benefits and Insurance payments won't earn edge reward points. However I didn't use my magnus for rent payment, I own my flat and I used magnus to pay for its electricity bill and society maintenance. Just because the transaction was done on NoBrokerHood app doesn't mean its a rent payment.

slongani

TF Select
As per the notice rent and wallet payments won't be eligible for milestone benefits and Insurance payments won't earn edge reward points. However I didn't use my magnus for rent payment, I own my flat and I used magnus to pay for its electricity bill and society maintenance. Just because the transaction was done on NoBrokerHood app doesn't mean its a rent payment.
As said by others earlier, it is MCC based.

You go to a liquor shop & buy soft drinks from there, bank wont classify it as grocery, as per them it is a liquor purchase.

PS: Insurance does earn points.

Last edited:

Itsrajeev

TF Buzz
As said by others earlier, it is MCC based.

You go to a liquor shop & buy soft drinks from there, bank wont classify it as grocery, as per them it is a liquor purchase.

PS: Insurance does earn points.
if i done utility payment MCC 4814 than it will count for milestones or not??? plz clearify it

Would like to confirm payments through ADDA app is also considered as Rent. MyGate is not being considered as Rent. That is fetching reward points.
ADDA and NoBroker are an issue.
Raised this with Axis, Awaiting response. Let me know what options are there to circumvent this. Society Maintenance is legitimate expense and nowhere close to a Rental Payment. Its unfortunate that these transactions are not distinguished.
Paying the BharatNxt is an option. Any other options?

Itsrajeev

TF Buzz
Would like to confirm payments through ADDA app is also considered as Rent. MyGate is not being considered as Rent. That is fetching reward points.
ADDA and NoBroker are an issue.
Raised this with Axis, Awaiting response. Let me know what options are there to circumvent this. Society Maintenance is legitimate expense and nowhere close to a Rental Payment. Its unfortunate that these transactions are not distinguished.
Paying the BharatNxt is an option. Any other options?
this is axis flipkart statement..there is no rewards against bharatnxt transactions..

Attachments

• IMG-20230412-WA0003(1).jpg
    IMG-20230412-WA0003(1).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 64

rohitnsync

TF Select
Guys...is it possible to pay the society maintenance charges manually by credit card via any app/website (which would be eligible for Magnus' milestones)
By manually I mean - Simply adding the bank details of the society and paying via credit card. I believe "PayZapp + Redgiraffe" and "MyGate" aren't counted as Rent (MCC 6513) but I don't think that we can manually transfer the maintenance amount with these apps either. Please help.

HOME_CARDER

TF Select
Guys...is it possible to pay the society maintenance charges manually by credit card via any app/website (which would be eligible for Magnus' milestones)
By manually I mean - Simply adding the bank details of the society and paying via credit card. I believe "PayZapp + Redgiraffe" and "MyGate" aren't counted as Rent (MCC 6513) but I don't think that we can manually transfer the maintenance amount with these apps either. Please help.
You can try paying via BharatNxt or Snapay app, both are reliable. Last time I used Magnus in BharatNxt it came under utility category.