• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Made booking on Accor but was not charged

SteelSh0t

TF Premier
Hi,
I made 3 bookings from Accor using points using the prepaid method where I selected the amount of points to be redeemed and the rest amount to be paid using card. I entered my card details and proceeded to buy and the booking was done. But strangely I have not been charged any amount and my international transaction is also off for Magnus.
Any idea when do they charge for the booking and also, do I need to keep the international txn settings on?

Hotels booked were in Thailand

yaathran

TF Select
Hi,
I made 3 bookings from Accor using points using the prepaid method where I selected the amount of points to be redeemed and the rest amount to be paid using card. I entered my card details and proceeded to buy and the booking was done. But strangely I have not been charged any amount and my international transaction is also off for Magnus.
Any idea when do they charge for the booking and also, do I need to keep the international txn settings on?

Hotels booked were in Thailand
Sometimes hotels may do via PreAuth in case of non refundable bookings and sometimes they let you pay at the time of check in or check out. No need to worry at the moment. Mostly it won't get charged immediately.

huimeow

TF Neo
May I know how is your case in the end? I booked ibis hotel bangkok yesterday, i received a confirmation email but I didnt got any charged on my (debit card).
And I wonder how it charge my card because i only provide my card number + exp date, without entering any CVV or OTP received.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
May I know how is your case in the end? I booked ibis hotel bangkok yesterday, i received a confirmation email but I didnt got any charged on my (debit card).
And I wonder how it charge my card because i only provide my card number + exp date, without entering any CVV or OTP received.
In one booking for Bangkok, hotel sent us a payment link as they did not receive the amount and in another one we paid the balance during checkin even though both were prepaid bookings and amount was not debited.. Safe option is to always email the hotel before hand so that there’s no issue after reaching there..

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hotel dont charge you immediately .the card number and exp is for security,to guarantee the booking.

SteelSh0t

TF Premier

Some hotels charged me after 2-3 days and some didn't and was asked to pay at the hotel reception for the balance