• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ALL Accor VOYAGEUR plan

I have purchased this membership recently. Have not had the chance to use it much. Only 1 sta
20 status nights were credited after 20 days or so.
Provides the benefits it promises.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have purchased this membership recently. Have not had the chance to use it much. Only 1 sta
20 status nights were credited after 20 days or so.
Provides the benefits it promises.
Nice, I was trying to figure out if it gives 20% off even when there is a sale on top of the sale prices? Like there should be a black friday sale coming up next month. I am planning to book Sofitel and Movenpick properties abroad worth about €2000 for Dec. So 20% should be about net €200 savings (after considering €200 membership cost). Are the membership benefits and discounted rates reflected in your account immediately after purchase or you have to wait for delivery of the card? Booking for Dec so the status nights would expire at the end of the year itself and wondering if its worth it overall. Thanks a ton.

Nice, I was trying to figure out if it gives 20% off even when there is a sale on top of the sale prices? Like there should be a black friday sale coming up next month. I am planning to book Sofitel and Movenpick properties abroad worth about €2000 for Dec. So 20% should be about net €200 savings (after considering €200 membership cost). Are the membership benefits and discounted rates reflected in your account immediately after purchase or you have to wait for delivery of the card? Booking for Dec so the status nights would expire at the end of the year itself and wondering if its worth it overall. Thanks a ton.
I am not sure about the sale thing.
But the benefits and discounts are immediately available after purchase. Infact I still haven't received the physical cards. I am also not sure when the status nights expire. Are you sure they will expire at the end of year?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am not sure about the sale thing.
But the benefits and discounts are immediately available after purchase. Infact I still haven't received the physical cards. I am also not sure when the status nights expire. Are you sure they will expire at the end of year?
Yes, per their FAQ status nights expire on 31DEC of each year. They even give an example of a stay in dec...

Status points and Status Nights are earned at the end of an eligible stay or after payment of an event (in the context of the ALL Meeting Planner offer). They are valid until the 31st December of the year of the credit of the event or the stay.
As an example, if you make a stay from December 5 to December 7, your Status points and Nights will be valid until December 31st of the same year.

https://help.accor.com/s/article/what-is-the-validity-period-of-my-points?language=en_US
https://help.accorplus.com/hc/en-au...-my-Status-points-expire-How-does-status-work

This rather weird and unfair(?) status points expiry is the only thing holding me back from purchasing VOYAGEUR right now. So much more beneficial to wait till the start of a new year.

UKJ

TF Buzz
I'm considering buying the Voyageur membership, and have a query. As ALL member we get 10% discount on rates of hotels in Europe. Will the Voyageur membership provide 20% discount over and above the ALL rate?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm considering buying the Voyageur membership, and have a query. As ALL member we get 10% discount on rates of hotels in Europe. Will the Voyageur membership provide 20% discount over and above the ALL rate?
No. 20/15 instead of 5/10 as applicable.

UKJ

TF Buzz
No. 20/15 instead of 5/10 as applicable.
So the cost of membership should be evaluated against the incremental benefit only? If ALL membership gives 10% discount and the Voyageur provides 15% discount for Mercure hotels, then the actual benefit is only 5% and not really 15%?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So the cost of membership should be evaluated against the incremental benefit only? If ALL membership gives 10% discount and the Voyageur provides 15% discount for Mercure hotels, then the actual benefit is only 5% and not really 15%?
You don't always get 10% off all available rates at all times.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, possibly. However I have seen 10% discount for ALL members in whichever hotels I plan to stay. Just trying to figure out at what stage I'll break even on Eur 200...
There's a pretty good calculator on the Voyageur page for that. 7 nights is typical.