• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LTF Swiping Machine with ZERO MDR

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There's a hardware shop in my city that has a current account with Canara Bank. The bank provided them with an mSwipe swiping machine at no cost. They paid nothing for the machine, no deposit, initial amount, rental, or installation charges.

They also have zero MDR for credit card payments. How it's possible? if the MDR is zero, who is covering the cost of our rewards?

Why is the bank offering these machines to large merchants instead of small ones? Large merchants typically don't worry about rentals, MDR, or device installation fees, yet they receive these benefits for free.

1000241393.jpg

There's a hardware shop in my city that has a current account with Canara Bank. The bank provided them with an mSwipe swiping machine at no cost. They paid nothing for the machine, no deposit, initial amount, rental, or installation charges.

They also have zero MDR for credit card payments. How it's possible? if the MDR is zero, who is covering the cost of our rewards?

Why is the bank offering these machines to large merchants instead of small ones? Large merchants typically don't worry about rentals, MDR, or device installation fees, yet they receive these benefits for free.

1000241393.jpg
Zero installation and rental is understandable but zero MDR?

@Abhishek012 How is it possible?

#aniket

TF Ace

1000241393.jpg
Credit Regular: 0% 🤡

Whereas Debit Card: 0.40% 🫤

Amex: 3% 💀

dvader

TF Premier
I think this is some introductory/promotional offer of some kind. The reason it's not possible is because it's unsustainable and a total loss, credit card payments doesn't only have to cover for rewards, there is network's cut, banks have to put away money for credit default risk as a regulatory requirement, there is compliance cost involved, etc etc. There is no way this is LTF MDR. Machine could be LTF on a promotional basis for few lucky customers.

And they have MDR on debit card, may be the bank has done some market research and knows that 90% traffic would come on debit card. But again there is no way this is permanent.

#aniket

TF Ace
Mujhe bhi chahiye😂😂
Colin Hanks Running GIF by CBS

#aniket

TF Ace

1000241393.jpg
Bro firh aap kis chiz ka wait kar rahe, TapnPay pura complete karke aaya 😂

Tejo

TF Legend

The Banks usually will offer zero in the beginning to push up sales but later they might charge.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think this is some introductory/promotional offer of some kind. The reason it's not possible is because it's unsustainable and a total loss, credit card payments doesn't only have to cover for rewards, there is network's cut, banks have to put away money for credit default risk as a regulatory requirement, there is compliance cost involved, etc etc. There is no way this is LTF MDR. Machine could be LTF on a promotional basis for few lucky customers.

And they have MDR on debit card, may be the bank has done some market research and knows that 90% traffic would come on debit card. But again there is no way this is permanent.
Yes, you may be right, but the machine has been working for more than a year now.

Last edited:

shrewdoc

TF Ace

1000241393.jpg
I think he has some DAMN GOOD banking relationship, because Sarkari bank se itna FREE mein lena IMPOSSIBLE.

sidp

TF Ace

1000241393.jpg
There that amex. Special privilege for the "rich".🤣