• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Live Digital eRupee P2M transaction (Select users)

ltf4ever

TF Ace
1. Regarding the point of MDR, it is possible to levy MDR in Digital Rupee too. In Ethereum/Bitcoin too, we have to pay a transaction fee to transfer funds. Cause in the end, those networks are maintained by miners. In this case, RBI is maintaining the network.

2. Regarding the 2nd point, even Bank Accounts are secured through various Cryptographic Algorithms. They are basically compromised through social engineering/human errors, which is even possible in digital rupee. Even account based transactions are reversible.

3. I agree with this point. eRupee can be useful for transferring funds between large institutions. But I don't see much use of it in consumer space. Have a look at this article explaining the progress of Digital Yuan in Chinese Consumer Space:

It signifies that digital yuan is still facing difficulties in becoming popular among the general public.
for 1st point, i think they will still save money that they spend to print money, transport it, security, atm, damaged notes, etc. so should afford to keep mdr 0.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I doubt that eRupee payments will be in the denominations of Rs. 10,20,50,100 etc. as it will become a great hassle to make those payments. First, we have to pay Rs. 50 to buy a Rs. 47 product, and then take back Rs. 3 as change, while UPI will be just scan and pay. Even chinese CBDC wallet allows users to pay in decimals.
Currently it is. Super low res images. Will try to find better ones.
Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 23.22.39.jpg Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 23.22.51.jpg Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 23.22.56.jpg Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 23.23.04.jpg

mukundstud

TF Premier
This will only increase the inconvenience of making payments digitally.:(

Now, first, we have to select bank notes while making payments, then take back change from the shopkeeper if we no do not have the required denominations with us. Many online payments require to be paid in decimals(like EMI Payments). How will we use eRupee there?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Now, first, we have to select bank notes while making payments, then take back change from the shopkeeper if we no do not have the required denominations with us.
The change will come to app/wallet without shopkeeper doing anything.

ltf4ever

TF Ace

Now, first, we have to select bank notes while making payments, then take back change from the shopkeeper if we no do not have the required denominations with us. Many online payments require to be paid in decimals(like EMI Payments). How will we use eRupee there?
maybe the shopkeeper will go to other shopkeepers to get the change for 50 😅 and then return the balance to you. Or give back 3rs toffee to you 😐
jokes apart, i really think they have some solution for this, else it would be troublesome to use.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Yo mean to say if we pay Rs. 50 to shopkeeper for a Rs. 47 product, he/she will get Rs. 47 in his/her wallet and we will get Rs. 3 in our wallet?
If i am not wrong then let me tell you how it will work.

Suppose, i have Rs50 digital eRupee note in my digital wallet.

Now after scan merchant QR code, we need to enter Rs47 and pay.

After paid. Rs50 digital eRupee note will deducted from my digital wallet and credited to Merchant's digital wallet

and Rs1 and Rs2 digital eRupee note will deducted from Merchant's digital wallet and refunded to my digital wallet.

That's why here showing is screenshot - "Please note Change of 25/_ will be credited back to the wallet" -

1669877920335.jpg

@cmg
@ltf4ever

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
and Rs1 and Rs2 digital eRupee note will deducted from Merchant's digital wallet and refunded to my digital wallet.
Going by this, if the merchant wallet just have the recently received 50, the wallet has now talk to rbi server to exchange 50 for change and then return it to the user.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
If i am not wrong then let me tell you how it will work.

Suppose, i have Rs50 digital eRupee note in my digital wallet.

Now after scan merchant QR code, we need to enter Rs47 and pay.

After paid. Rs50 digital eRupee note will deducted from my digital wallet and credited to Merchant's digital wallet

That's why here showing is screenshot - "Please note Change of 25/_ will be credited back to the wallet" -

1669877920335.jpg

@cmg
@ltf4ever
Going by this, if the merchant wallet just have the recently received 50, the wallet has now talk to rbi server to exchange 50 for change and then return it to the user.
what if merchant's wallet doesn't have 1 and 2 notes? connecting to servers will solve this issue, but if this works without internet, then how can they contact the server?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
you mean to say, wallet has now talk to rbi server and RBI will deduct Rs50 digital eRupee note from Merchant's digital wallet and RBI will credit Rs1 and Rs2 digital eRupee note in my digital wallet and Rs20 + Rs20 + Rs5 + Rs2 (total Rs47) digital eRupee note to Merchant's wallet ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
you mean to say, wallet has now talk to rbi server and RBI will deduct Rs50 digital eRupee note from Merchant's digital wallet and RBI will credit Rs1 and Rs2 digital eRupee note in my digital wallet and Rs20 +Rs20 + Rs5 + Rs2 (total Rs47) digital eRupee note to Merchant's wallet ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yup 😂